Author Topic: Richmond vs Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval - R2, 2018  (Read 8011 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Richmond vs Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval - R2, 2018
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2018, 06:13:01 PM »
One thing that really annoys the hell out of me is when a player doesn’t kick to advantage of their teammate when kicking inside forward 50. Drives me bonkers.  :banghead

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2018, 09:18:37 PM »
Main concern is that they still managed beat us fairly comfortably with one of their two best mids missing for most of the match, the other on one leg for a large part of it and down a KPD and two rotations for most of the second half.

There is a lot of truth in that statement. Our win against Carlton has now also been exposed as an average win as Carlton got flogged by
Gold Coast. A lot of work to do and maybe its time to start playing a 2nd tall in attack now.

The scum trained all off season with the view of starting well. Came out all hyper and kicked the first 5 goals. Emotion only gets you so far.

From the 12 minute mark of the game we out scored them 120 to 65

It is just round 2. Will wait until we see how the next 5 weeks unfolds. Hawks, Brisbane, Melbourne, Collingwood and Freo all at MCG.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2018, 09:20:21 PM »
Main concern is that they still managed beat us fairly comfortably with one of their two best mids missing for most of the match, the other on one leg for a large part of it and down a KPD and two rotations for most of the second half.

There is a lot of truth in that statement. Our win against Carlton has now also been exposed as an average win as Carlton got flogged by
Gold Coast. A lot of work to do and maybe its time to start playing a 2nd tall in attack now.

The scum trained all off season with the view of starting well. Came out all hyper and kicked the first 5 goals. Emotion only gets you so far.

It is just round 2. Will wait until we see how the next 5 weeks unfolds. Hawks, Brisbane, Melbourne, Collingwood and Freo all at MCG.

Don’t spoil the early season melt down

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2018, 02:12:46 AM »
Back to back or Hardwick gets the sack....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2018, 10:20:32 AM »

Don’t spoil the early season melt down

no melt down just disappointed by the style of play and how we went about it on the night. we were so far off our best it wasn't funny.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2018, 07:47:22 PM »
I have a feeling we are struggling to maintain hunger.

A few soft efforts on Thursday, a few losses of concentration and a few smiles when Cotchin was being chaired off.

All little signs that we aren't quite the machine we were last year.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2018, 09:58:09 PM »

A few soft efforts on Thursday, a few losses of concentration and a few smiles when Cotchin was being chaired off.

Hello TBR

We really were not a well oiled machine until round 22.

After the byes rounds last year we were one game and a small bit of percentage from being in 11th. We were 7 wins 5 losses at that time. Then won 8 and 2 from that point

Only round 2 right now.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2018, 08:20:24 AM »

Hello TBR

We really were not a well oiled machine until round 22.

After the byes rounds last year we were one game and a small bit of percentage from being in 11th. We were 7 wins 5 losses at that time. Then won 8 and 2 from that point

Only round 2 right now.

I reckon our game plan kicks in over the winter when the ball hits the deck more often and precise kicking skills.
We're not beating Adelaide in their home deck in perfect conditions. It's like expecting a fast bowler to rip through the top order on day 3 at Bellerive Oval.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2018, 09:49:23 AM »
7 minute mark of the final term Dusty kicks his second of the term and inexplicably runs off the ground the crows look toast despite most of our leaders, elder statesmen, second tier players and juniors all playing poo as well as getting smashed in contested possession.
Astbury kicks off the side of his boot which practically bounces into the arms of tex who goals. Then BEllis kicks one oof and Sloane on one foot kicks truly from the boundary line.

We had our chance and fluffed it.

They took their chances and had more contributors on the night.

Even still we could’ve won it. They just arsed all their chances at goal and we didn’t.

The worry is contested possession and why Dusty ran off the ground when he was literally on fire and unstoppable.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2018, 02:51:05 PM »
From Robbo's 'dislikes' column today:

9. LAMENTABLE RICHMOND

Ross Lyon said in Round 1 the Dockers couldn’t tackle Port Adelaide because they couldn’t catch them. In Round 2, Richmond couldn’t put pressure on Adelaide because Adelaide didn’t allow them to. It was smart play from Crows coach Don Pyke who devised a plan which denied Richmond their key asset — pressure. The Crows took 61 uncontested marks in the second half and the result was Richmond’s pressure factor for the half was 155. In the finals last season, their average pressure factor was 199 and throw in a record -48 in contested possession. It was amazing the Tigers only lost by six goals.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/mark-robinson/the-tackle-mark-robinson-looks-at-the-highlights-and-lowlights-of-round-2/news-story/b78f1ca0858d7bea89b14459a6bd66e1

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2018, 09:11:34 PM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Pyke)

ADELAIDE v RICHMOND

10 Rory Laird (Adel)
7 Josh Jenkins (Adel)
7 Dustin Martin (Rich)
4 Rory Sloane (Adel)
1 Bryce Gibbs (Adel)
1 Hugh Greenwood (Adel)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-03/aflca-votes-round-two-seven-perfect-10s

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2018, 07:07:00 AM »
7 minute mark of the final term Dusty kicks his second of the term and inexplicably runs off the ground the crows look toast despite most of our leaders, elder statesmen, second tier players and juniors all playing poo as well as getting smashed in contested possession.
Astbury kicks off the side of his boot which practically bounces into the arms of tex who goals. Then BEllis kicks one oof and Sloane on one foot kicks truly from the boundary line.

We had our chance and fluffed it.

They took their chances and had more contributors on the night.

Even still we could’ve won it. They just arsed all their chances at goal and we didn’t.

The worry is contested possession and why Dusty ran off the ground when he was literally on fire and unstoppable.
Does anyone know the theory behind why they take players off the ground in these situations?

ie When a player kicks a goal they sprint to the interchange.

It seems to happen often not only with Richmond but other teams also.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2018, 07:20:41 AM »
Its to do with resting time off the ground. Usually players, particularly your jets and midfielders, dont spend more then 3 minutes off during any change. After a goal is kicked, theres about 1 minute of dead time while waiting for play to start again in the middle. So you basically spend less "live" gametime off the ground.