Author Topic: Richmond vs Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval - R2, 2018  (Read 8185 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond vs Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval - R2, 2018
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2018, 04:38:52 AM »
First two games we’ve gone back to the old boot it long at all times ways. This was one of my concerns last year but towards the end of the season when we really started winning by large margins we were much more efficient getting our heads up and finding short targets inside 50 or kicking to advantage. Kicking it long is ok when it’s going to a genuine contest but so many times they would just throw it on the boot when there was a better option close by. Our defensive setup has been poor these past two games, rance got an absolute bath that first half need vlastuin straight back in and looks like broad was more important then most of us thought.

Thought dusty and nank were fantastic with caddy and short very good. A lot of passengers tonight and I’d expect 3-4 changes for next game but hopefully they take something away from this and come out firing next Sunday  :gotigers

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2018, 10:09:16 AM »
I am not phased one bit.  Every time we kicked a goal, the umpy found a free kick at the next stuffing play to let them kick one the other way in the first half.  The second half we went to pot and gave up.  Round 2 couldn't give a poo, we got some blokes to come back.  We will run into form and these clowns will be witches hats next time we play em.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2018, 10:35:11 AM »
I think we are missing Rioli up forward.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2018, 11:00:25 AM »
Grigg & B Ellis both have same issue. Throw the ball on the boot when they feel the slightest pressure. 

The sun has come up today.  No need to panic.  Always hard to win over there

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2018, 11:33:40 AM »
Not worried at all . Was thinking we needed a loss because there has been far too much showboating going on .
To me the game was lost when Jack kicked it out on the full in the third . Very ordinary effort.

You could see how well the Crows play Adelaide oval - suits their big talls .

Bolton is all sizzle and no sausage at the moment.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2018, 12:22:10 PM »
We're not playing well, it's a concern given our form in JLT but I guess that was hugely misleading given Essendon's preparation and Nof.
We were hammered in contested footy last night and only broke even on that stat last week. Missing meatball and replacing him with Cellis instead of Miles a huge mistake imo.
Bolton ahead of Higgins or Stengle also an error.
Finally, teams have worked out the single ruckman thing and so we going to need a proper contest in the Ruck.
Vlas missing hurt us down back last night but they are such a good kicking side, I'm not sure it would've made much difference - pushing them to the wings has little consequence at Adelaide Oval as they (and we) can take advantage of those deep pockets that are much easier to score goals from
set shots.
Last night was a good straighten up - players, coaches and match committee. We've got 10 days to kick our wounds and smash the Hawks
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2018, 02:02:32 PM »
It was a necessary loss to bring the team back to reality. Need all 22 players that cross the line to bring heat to the contest and not play like millionaires. It was a bit disappointing to see that too much was left to too few. I am confident the team can straighten up like they did after the St Kilda spanking

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2018, 02:09:31 PM »
Main concern is that they still managed beat us fairly comfortably with one of their two best mids missing for most of the match, the other on one leg for a large part of it and down a KPD and two rotations for most of the second half.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2018, 02:22:05 PM »

You could see how well the Crows play Adelaide oval - suits their big talls .

I think you are right. Walker and particularly Jenkins looked like different players last night.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2018, 02:35:05 PM »
They simply wanted it more and we were pee poor. The End.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2018, 07:33:07 PM »
What I was surprised with first 2 rds that we had to many panic merchants cracking under pressure with poor skills,fumbles,poor decisions lack of pressure etc like old tigers.Certain senior players habits coming back.There was erased last season and we seen little of it as we looked always confident.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2018, 07:50:16 PM »
They simply wanted it more and we were pee poor. The End.
This^^

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2018, 08:16:59 PM »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2018, 04:51:48 PM »
Main concern is that they still managed beat us fairly comfortably with one of their two best mids missing for most of the match, the other on one leg for a large part of it and down a KPD and two rotations for most of the second half.

There is a lot of truth in that statement. Our win against Carlton has now also been exposed as an average win as Carlton got flogged by
Gold Coast. A lot of work to do and maybe its time to start playing a 2nd tall in attack now.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2018, 06:02:57 PM »

There is a lot of truth in that statement. Our win against Carlton has now also been exposed as an average win as Carlton got flogged by
Gold Coast. A lot of work to do and maybe its time to start playing a 2nd tall in attack now.

Agreed although we’d have beaten the
Scum by 100 I’d they had have dishes up that poo last week
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.