Author Topic: Richmond vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium, Rnd 9, 2018 - Top of the Table clash!!!  (Read 22480 times)

strongandbold

Third quarters this year continue to be a problem. Need to bounce back hard after this loss.

This is a myth

our third quarters are still better than most in the competition.

dwaino

Melbourne, Collingwood, Freo, North and now West Coast have all pulled our pants down in third quarters. Whatever we are doing at half time isn't working.

strongandbold

Momentum switches, big stuffing deal.  As long as you win the game it doesn't matter.

Do people think we are the only team in the competition who wants to win games?

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Third quarters this year continue to be a problem. Need to bounce back hard after this loss.

This is a myth

our third quarters are still better than most in the competition.

Disagree. Third quarter against Freo poor, third quarter against North average and lost the game against the Eagles in the third quarter. Comparing our third quarters to other sides' third quarters is problematic and does not address the issue.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Went to the game, a great stadium but TBH, i found the atmosphere underwhelming.
Observations of the game:-
Our bottom 6 struggling to contribute in big time games. Towner concerns me greatly along with Butler. They seem to have lost their mojo.
Castagna was also ineffective but overall has had the better season.
Jack showed what a champion he was but we needed him to kick all those set shots.
It’s a ground that seems to suit KPF’s - 30 odd marks inside 50 was a very high number.
Grigg’s misses were momentum killers, especially in that first q.
The back 6 were HORRIBLE.
Their mids dominated but I’d say the disorganised way our back 6 played contributed to the leaking of goals. There was nothing amazing at their forward entries and their key forwards simply weren’t put under enough pressure.
For the first time, it looked like each of them were waiting for the other to step up.
Rance looked crook, Astbury had an absolute mare and Grimes wasn’t much better.
I thought Dusty and the Nank had a real crack in the midfield but were overwhelmed by the quality and depth in their midfield.
Watching Grigg, Caddy and even Dusty in the ruck was bordering on embarrassing yesterday.
That tactic won’t work and was actively exploited by the Eagles.

So, outplayed, out coached, out selected and generally taught a lesson in preparation for the game.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Simpson)

WEST COAST v RICHMOND
10 Jack Darling (WCE)
8 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
5 Jack Riewoldt (Rich)
3 Jeremy McGovern (WCE)
3 Nic Naitanui (WCE)
1 Andrew Gaff (WCE)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-21/aflca-votes-round-nine-eagle-soars-to-second

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Went to the game, a great stadium but TBH, i found the atmosphere underwhelming.

Doesn't surprise me - all looks a bit sterile and contrived on television. :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Rance copped an absolute hiding reminiscent of when Cloke took him apart in 2013.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Needed to at the very least to revert to some good old fashioned one on one footy and try to disrupt their short kicking out of defence.  :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
“They [Eagles] were always going to beat Richmond because it was their grand final,” Walls told AFL Tonight.

Source: PerthNow websiteurl]

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
#weareeveryonesgrandfinal

- Gustav Mahler

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Was anyone on OER at the Sandy pub watching the game?

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Grigg going in the ruck against Nantanui was silly.This was a game horses for courses and we needed a couple of talls.Can't expect last seasons game plan to stack up again without fine tuning it.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Grigg going in the ruck against Nantanui was silly.This was a game horses for courses and we needed a couple of talls.Can't expect last seasons game plan to stack up again without fine tuning it.

Do the talls actually have to have an impact or is the fact they are tall is enough?

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Do the talls actually have to have an impact or is the fact they are tall is enough?

Is it too late to redraft Todd Elton?