Author Topic: Richmond vs Geelong @ the M.C.G., Rnd 13, 2018  (Read 14964 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Richmond vs Geelong @ the M.C.G., Rnd 13, 2018
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2018, 06:53:17 PM »
Can anyone explain why the Dangerfield smother late in the last wasn't a free kick? Are you just allowed to stand in the protected area until the ump calls play on and then run in to contest?

Undoubtedly that apologist for poor umpiring Steve Hocking will come out and try to spin it as being the right call.

But I have been very critical of Butler giving away soft 50m penalties for less than that effort of Dangerfield appeared. Bizarre decision.

But I reckon Dangerfield was protected species No.1 today. Got Rance with front on contact in a marking contest when the ball was a lot more than 5m away, and Geelong still got the free kick.
They got a momentum sapping goal from the 50 after Rance gave them a spray for that one. Just  :banghead

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2018, 07:00:19 PM »
Geelong can go off now and lick their wounds, but one thing they can be thankful for is that Towner wasn't out there today.

Imagine him rampaging in the forward line in those conditions. Geelong would have finished with multiple casualties.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2018, 07:26:00 PM »
The moggies are just a fair to middling side.

Got the job done.

Time for a rest then smack the Swanettes around next round.

Buddy V Rance.

The scribes are beside themselves already.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2018, 07:26:56 PM »
The moggies are just a fair to middling side.

Got the job done.

Time for a rest then smack the Swanettes around next round.

Buddy V Rance.

The scribes are beside themselves already.

Synchronised diving at its finest!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2018, 08:33:27 PM »
Geelong are now our bunnies

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2018, 08:34:20 PM »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2018, 08:51:44 PM »
Credit where it is due

BEllis was very good today  :clapping

Vlastuin our best, with Grimes not far behind
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2018, 10:05:39 PM »
Why were Cats fans booing Rance when the games biggest ever stager is Joel Selwood with more ducks than Glenn McGrath?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2018, 10:12:20 PM »
Credit where it is due

Floss was very good, but I had Grimes best for us, and Edwards probably second best.

I don't know how many kilometres he covered today, but Rance gave his absolute all. He worked bloody hard to help out Garthwaite all game. Great leadership.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2018, 10:47:13 PM »
Credit where it is due

Floss was very good, but I had Grimes best for us, and Edwards probably second best.

I don't know how many kilometres he covered today, but Rance gave his absolute all. He worked bloody hard to help out Garthwaite all game. Great leadership.
Yes agree. Rance was excellent watching him just guide the young fella all game showing him the ropes thought they both did a great job.

I thought Grimes was just rick solid. Vlaustin is just so cool under pressure loved his game also.

I though Edwards was superb and lambert really stepped up today when Cotchin and Dusty were pretty well held all day. Short continues his great season.

In the forward half Riewoldt was excellent today as was Rioli.

Grigg was good nice running today but his helicopter kicks annoy me. Cotchin battled hard but it wasn’t his day today but he was excellent in the last quarter. Dusty battled all day and had a rare bad day by his standards.  Suprisingly BEllis was ok but still didn’t lay a tackle on a wet day is also surprising. Macintosh needs a rest in the reserves
Conca was terrible and I couldn’t watch when he got the ball and was extremely nervous even the very few times he actually hit a target or kicked to advantage, he needs to go.

I’ve got to say that Danger is a fantastic player just awesome to watch him play. 

The club that keeps giving.

Lebowski

« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2018, 12:03:00 AM »
Fantastic effort today, thought it was our best most complete performance of the season and no coincidence it happened with Rioli back. Always loved Dan but today showed how much we miss him and how much he adds to the side, he makes other players better.

Good on Garth today in his debut, really really solid.

Thought our best today was Shed, Floss, Grimes, Rance, Lambert, Rioli. Tbh everyone played a good game apart from Macca who continues to struggle.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2018, 12:20:32 AM »
It was good to see Lambert step it up today.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2018, 03:19:22 AM »
Credit where it is due

:clapping
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #148 on: June 18, 2018, 10:28:12 AM »
From Robbo's "likes and dislikes" tackle column:

1. Speed always kills

Immense game at the MCG and the Tigers won again with speed and pressure. In the last quarter, Jason Castagna kicked the penultimate goal after winning a sprint from centre half-forward. Daniel Rioli then chased Mitch Duncan and pinned him in a tackle before kicking the final goal. They were huge moments in a high-pressure game. It was typical Tigers — Alex Rance dominated at the back, the leaders stood up in the final term, the smalls tackled ferociously (Jack Graham 13, Rioli eight) and Jack Riewoldt competed in the air, which brought the crumbers into the contest. It’s a game plan ideal for the MCG.

3. Inexperience caught out the Cats

Not much to be critical of in a cracking game, but when it had to be won, it was the younger Tigers who were steady and the younger Cats who couldn’t get involved.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/mark-robinson/nick-vlastuin-alan-richardson-and-carlton-among-mark-robinsons-likes-and-dislikes-from-round-13/news-story/8d62ec46d0a8e0f6d8b0c57560d0992a

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2018, 05:08:27 PM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Chris Scott)

GEELONG v RICHMOND

9 Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
7 Alex Rance (RICH)
6 Joel Selwood (GEEL)
3 Kane Lambert (RICH)
3 Rhys Stanley (GEEL)
1 Daniel Rioli (RICH)
1 Shane Edwards (RICH)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-18/aflca-votes-round-13-eagles-surprise-perfect-10