Author Topic: Richmond vs Geelong @ the M.C.G., Rnd 13, 2018  (Read 14965 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Richmond vs Geelong @ the M.C.G., Rnd 13, 2018
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2018, 05:41:16 PM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Chris Scott)

GEELONG v RICHMOND

9 Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
7 Alex Rance (RICH)
6 Joel Selwood (GEEL)
3 Kane Lambert (RICH)
3 Rhys Stanley (GEEL)
1 Daniel Rioli (RICH)
1 Shane Edwards (RICH)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-18/aflca-votes-round-13-eagles-surprise-perfect-10
What no Conca or Ellis in the votes? 

By the way some on here were spruiking their games I was certain I was going to see the coaches give them high votes.  :shh   :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2018, 05:47:34 PM »

GEELONG v RICHMOND

9 Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
7 Alex Rance (RICH)
6 Joel Selwood (GEEL)
3 Kane Lambert (RICH)
3 Rhys Stanley (GEEL)
1 Daniel Rioli (RICH)
1 Shane Edwards (RICH)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-18/aflca-votes-round-13-eagles-surprise-perfect-10

5 Nick V             5 Alex R.           OR                  5. Alex R               5. Nick V.
4 Joel S             4 Nick V.                                  4. Nick V               4. Joel S.
3 Kane L            3 Rhys S.                                3. Kane L               3. Rhys S.
2 Alex R            2 Joel S.                                  2. Joel S.               2. Alex R.
1. Daniel R        1. Shane E.                              1. Daniel R.           1. Shane E.   

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Chris Scott explains approach to Nick Vlastuin in Richmond v Geelong game

Ben Waterworth,
FOX SPORTS
19 June 2018

GEELONG coach Chris Scott has opened up on the tough, crucial conundrums his coaching panel faced as Richmond defender Nick Vlastuin ran amok on Sunday afternoon.

It came as Scott confirmed luckless forward Lincoln McCarthy had suffered a “minor strain of his hamstring” and would miss the next two to four weeks.

Vlastuin received nine votes in the AFL Coaches’ Association Player of the Year award after his stellar performance inspired his side to an 18-point victory over the Cats. He racked up 21 disposals, six rebounds, 481m gained and four intercept marks, while he also finished with game-high marks (11) and intercepts (11).

Vlastuin was a constant source of frustration for Cats fans, thwarting many Geelong forward forays as he stood loose at true centre-half back.

All-Australian captain Alex Rance and reliable fullback Dylan Grimes were also important interceptors for the Tigers, which left Scott and the Cats’ coaching panel with ample headaches.

“It’s much easier said than done to make him completely accountable when Rance, in particular is back there as well and it depends on the part of the ground as well,” Scott told Fox Footy’s AFL 360.

“Really the only way to keep those guys absolutely accountable was to play forwards well ahead of the ball — which is one way to go, but it just opens you up defensively. Those conversations were being had in the box repeatedly.
Nick Vlastuin was the loose defensive man.

“But (the Tigers) were having their problems at the other end with the same thing at stages during the game. That’s where in conditions like that, the territory battle becomes really important and that was probably one part where we were pretty comprehensive in the centre clearances but just couldn’t make the most of that field position.”

Asked if the Cats would allow Vlastuin that much space again, Scott said: “No … there are ways that we could make it a little bit harder for him. But it is a trade-off.

“I think even in retrospect, we certainly wouldn’t have changed too much through the structure, but some of the specifics around it to make it a bit harder for Vlastuin and Rance I think would be something we should look into.”

Despite the Tigers’ victory, the Cats didn’t lose many admirers throughout the game, proving they’ll be among the Tigers and other flag contenders this season.

Scott paid tribute to the Tigers, saying they were better in the big moments.

“There are some parts of the game they are doing better than us. Their work at the fall of the ball, their small forwards in particular did a great job there, Rance and Vlastuin leading their defence were really strong,” Scott said.

“We know we’ve got some work to catch up to their level. The final margin was 18 points, but I felt like it was a little bit closer than that.”

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2018-chris-scott-explains-approach-to-nick-vlastuin-in-richmond-v-geelong-game/news-story/4f2b166533c558c13e4e8f5f1035f048

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2018, 11:46:41 AM »

GEELONG v RICHMOND

9 Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
7 Alex Rance (RICH)
6 Joel Selwood (GEEL)
3 Kane Lambert (RICH)
3 Rhys Stanley (GEEL)
1 Daniel Rioli (RICH)
1 Shane Edwards (RICH)

By the way some on here were spruiking their games I was certain I was going to see the coaches give them high votes.  :shh   :rollin

WP, a critic of Ellis, has given him some recognition for his game on Sunday. He played well. Really well.

Why knock it? Because you never really seem to state your case with any type of football nous. You're the main "Conca's poo, bring in Miles even though they don't play the same role" type dude

;D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 04:22:56 PM by one-eyed »
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2018, 02:10:59 PM »
I thought the Conca v Miles debate was firmly settled v Port Adelaide?

Both were shyte that night, Miles just much shyter.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2018, 04:25:32 PM »
I thought the Conca v Miles debate was firmly settled v Port Adelaide?

Both were shyte that night, Miles just much shyter.

It should have never been a debate.  :lol

Bolton's going well in the 2's, let's rest Nank and bring in the kid  :clapping

Some of these blokes  ;D
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2018, 05:42:57 PM »
Geelong claiming they lost $330k in revenue.

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/sport/afl/geelong-v-richmond-crowd-tigers-match-could-cost-cats-300k-in-lost-revenue/news-story/123813b8ea530632c49e66b55d62ab26
Typical small town, short-sighted type crap. Aside from the fact that a game of that magnitude deserves to be played on Melbournes premier stadium, what about the huge bulk of Geel supporters that live in Melbourne? If you start shutting them out by hosting all your games down in Geel, you cut off half your supporter base. And then, yeah sure you you make a few extra bucks here and there, but then you lose massively on a few games where you might get 80+ through the gates at the G.

And then, teams figure out how to play at your pee poor excuse for a ground if you play 11 games a season there. And you lose touch with the G, where all the finals and GF are played.

Geez, they really are the biggest bunch of whinging jungle bunnies I've ever seen.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2018, 07:02:07 PM »

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/sport/afl/geelong-v-richmond-crowd-tigers-match-could-cost-cats-300k-in-lost-revenue/news-story/123813b8ea530632c49e66b55d62ab26
What crap  >:(

Let's just look at a few FACTS

One, Geelong request a number of games at the MCG. This is one those games. Read they ask for a number of homes games at the MCG.

Two, they control reserve seat prices. Perhaps if they had charged reserve seats at a reasonable rate more people would have purchased them. Selling a reserve seat at a higher price than people paid for tickets to last year's QF is disgraceful. Some seats on Sunday cost $81 (includes entry) compared to $79 for the final.  I paid $35 for a seat that only cost me $15 for the Pies game.....

Three, the weather was crap. Some people didn't go. That 45k+ turned up is a great result. Ask your own members where they were. And just back to point 2, for every reserve seat sold they got that cash even if people didn't show

Four, get over it!!!!! Betcha there would be very little sooking if they won

Bunch of sooks
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2018, 07:06:48 PM »

One, Geelong request a number of games at the MCG. This is one those games. Read they ask for a number of homes games at the MCG.

Two, they control reserve seat prices. Perhaps if they had charged reserve seats at a reasonable rate more people would have purchased them. Selling a reserve seat at a higher price than people paid for tickets to last year's QF is disgraceful. Some seats on Sunday cost $81 (includes entry) compared to $79 for the final.  I paid $35 for a seat that only cost me $15 for the Pies game.....

Three, the weather was crap. Some people didn't go. That 45k+ turned up is a great result. Ask your own members where they were. And just back to point 2, for every reserve seat sold they got that cash even if people didn't show

Bunch of sooks
They were happy playing us at The G when they were beating us!

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2018, 07:48:08 PM »

Bunch of sooks

Hick town mentality.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2018, 08:19:23 PM »

GEELONG v RICHMOND

9 Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
7 Alex Rance (RICH)
6 Joel Selwood (GEEL)
3 Kane Lambert (RICH)
3 Rhys Stanley (GEEL)
1 Daniel Rioli (RICH)
1 Shane Edwards (RICH)

WP, a critic of Ellis, has given him some recognition for his game on Sunday. He played well. Really well.

Why knock it? Because you never really seem to state your case with any type of football nous. You're the main "Conca's poo, bring in Miles even though they don't play the same role" type dude

;D

Conca is a liability. Turns the ball over and makes too many poo decisions which make it way harder for his teammates. Not the type of player you want in finals type pressure.

B. Ellis did have an ok game although no tackles and had the lowest pressure rating of any player on the ground but was good in last years finals but he’s a scaredy cat and hardly ever kicks the ball forwards, frustrating considering he can actually kick the footy. But his first option is always backwards and sideways. He’s not proactive, taking Houli’s position but unlike Houli doesn’t ever take the game on so it’s left to other players unfortunately like Conca luckily we have Short and Vlaustin that can actually take the game on out of defensive 50.
I’d rather see Ellis on a wing.

You can love them if you want but I don’t like when BEllis poops his pants time and time again.
I also don’t like when Conca constantly makes stupid decisions, puts his teammates under pressure or gives the ball straight to the opposition.

My opinion do I need your approval?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:35:27 PM by Tigeritis™©® »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2018, 09:37:50 PM »

B. Ellis did have an ok game although no tackles and had the lowest pressure rating of any player on the ground but was good in last years finals but he’s a scaredy cat and hardly ever kicks the ball forwards, frustrating considering he can actually kick the footy. But his first option is always backwards and sideways. He’s not proactive, taking Houli’s position but unlike Houli doesn’t ever take the game on so it’s left to other players unfortunately like Conca luckily we have Short and Vlaustin that can actually take the game on out of defensive 50.

For reasons I'll never fathom, Ellis seems to be a big game player. He plays better in the big games, like the finals last year. Could be pucker factor, I don't know, but his performance seems to markedly improve when it demanded of him by the occassion.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2018, 12:39:01 AM »

GEELONG v RICHMOND

9 Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
7 Alex Rance (RICH)
6 Joel Selwood (GEEL)
3 Kane Lambert (RICH)
3 Rhys Stanley (GEEL)
1 Daniel Rioli (RICH)
1 Shane Edwards (RICH)

;D

Conca is a liability. Turns the ball over and makes too many poo decisions which make it way harder for his teammates. Not the type of player you want in finals type pressure.

You can love them if you want but I don’t like when BEllis poops his pants time and time again.
I also don’t like when Conca constantly makes stupid decisions, puts his teammates under pressure or gives the ball straight to the opposition.

My opinion do I need your approval?

Why does Hardwick pick Conca do you reckon? I'm not even a big fan of Reece, he frustrates me most weeks. But why do you thin Damien picks him?

Ellis had on okay game? Yeah, righto champ. No point responding to people who are that biased they can't admit when a player peforms at a high level  :shh I admit he was very disappointing earlier in the season. Now you need to give him credit or I may consider reporting you  :shh Not really but you know  :shh

Yes your opinion does need my approval  :shh

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2018, 01:30:04 AM »
Nearly every coach has had their blind spots with certain players over the years, even the best ones, so it's hardly a surprise that Hardwick does as well.....:shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.