Author Topic: Membership 2019 - The Hunt Continues  (Read 60998 times)

Offline Chopstix

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Membership 2019
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 03:30:16 PM »
And then you get the 3.05pm text message saying there is no parking at Punt Rd this evening . Why hold a forum at a ridiculous time then inform people 3 hours before there is no car parking
Seriously incompetent

Maybe deliberate!!! :)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2018, 03:54:19 PM »
It’s all about money
Don’t get me started about it
It’s like the T Shirts they were selling at the Sunday  after the GF at Punt Rd
Only to see them at the Royal Melbourne Show on the Monday for $6.00 cheaper
$45 one day
$38.95 the next
🤔

There are some who don’t want for you to get started on anything  ;D

:shh

And then you get the 3.05pm text message saying there is no parking at Punt Rd this evening . Why hold a forum at a ridiculous time then inform people 3 hours before there is no car parking
Seriously incompetent

Maybe deliberate!!! :)

:shh :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2018, 07:21:07 PM »
On Ch 9 news tonight:

Tigers diehards are demanding the club return more than 1600 reserved seats to the faithful. @msanto92 #9News

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1032180432844935169

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2018, 08:14:17 PM »
Didn’t get there but watched on live feed 
Interesting to say the least

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2018, 08:39:55 PM »
What did they say Jack?
The club that keeps giving.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2018, 08:58:55 PM »
If you go to Serious Richmond supporters Facebook page , there is a live feed there
Very heated at times
Think the club is wrong
They basically want to sell 1800 seats when they only have 1000
As they are counting on only 1000 turning up
They had Neil Balme there , why ? It’s not a footy matter , but he gave a spiel at the finish to deflect and calm the masses
Nothing we don’t already know about the team

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2018, 09:24:10 PM »
My thoughts on tonight . I posted on a website and copied here . I listened to your take on 3121 Membership which I have 4 and I also have 4 reserved seats in N section which I prefer to sit in
So I have no vested interest in tonight as I will save $1600 a year and I will sit in 3121 next year
But your thoughts about seating in 3121 is some what incorrect , why ? As there would of been at least 250 people watching the game on Saturday from the dining rooms out the back and not utilising the seats allocated in 3121 N section , so there lies a problem. There are also people like myself who sit in my reserved seats that next year will sit in 3121 section
There is also the Richmond Executive who will take one of the functions rooms thus less for 3121 to watch behind the glass
Also many statements made by the club were factually incorrect and total lies
I know people who have joined the Tiger Executive THIS year only therefore paid there way to the front . The comments from the club that they were lifetime members and had been there for a substantial period of time is totally incorrect
This will blow up big time , no matter how the club try and sugar coat it
They are basically trying to sell 1800 seats at a huge increase in previous year ( this year ) when they only have actually 1000 seats
There 55% attendance on average is madness and fought with danger
Cheers

dwaino

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2018, 09:57:21 PM »
Is this membership stuff only affecting the top tier memberships like coteries and stuff? Club hasn't emailed me in at least five years and the only time I ever receive anything in the mail is when they post me my yearly membership. I'm a common pleb with a 11 reserved + 5 GA and all I know from reading boards is that the price will increase but I can't find by how much. I probably only go to half the games now for various reasons so I'm on the fence with what to do next year. Combination of the proposed rule changes and this membership drama is strongly swinging me in one direction.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2018, 06:40:24 AM »
You're a bit of a miserable bastard sometimes, Dwayne :shh

Enjoy the ride with the rest of us plebs. Let the privileged whine about this. :cheers
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2018, 07:02:51 AM »

Enjoy the ride with the rest of us plebs. Let the privileged whine about this. :cheers

the "privileged"????

You think people who bought a reserved seat 20 years ago when the club were crap and have kept renewing those seats are somehow privileged?

Then sorry, you are dare I say it clueless on this issue.

These folks from the Southern Stand are not coterie members they are people with standard 11 or 16 game membership who like so many others buy a reserve seat with their membership.

They have been told they have to move to make way for 2 groups; one a coterie and the other a Premium membership group who have been moved to make room for the previously mentioned coterie.

They are anything but "privileged" and they have every right to peeved with how they are being treated. They've been incredibly loyal which clearly means very little
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 07:06:24 AM »
I agree with you.

But you are privileged (yourself) in comparison to anyone who can't afford your super secretive membership package or even a membership at all. Same goes for people who can afford 11 games memberships. Yes, this is not good, and it is a cash grab from the head honchos as per bloody usual. But not all Tigers can even afford to go to a single game.

We are all Tigers. So I say again, Dwayne me boy, enjoy the ride with the rest of us plebs...and let the privileged worry about this :cheers
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2018, 07:42:00 AM »
Being a life time member isn’t privileged
It’s called loyalty

dwaino

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2018, 07:47:52 AM »

The ride has been great  ;D Footy has been a chore for a few years now and the Tiges are the only reason I have remained interested recently so this run feels like a swan song.  :cheers

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2018, 08:55:15 AM »

The ride has been great  ;D Footy has been a chore for a few years now and the Tiges are the only reason I have remained interested recently so this run feels like a swan song.  :cheers

I feel you brother  :cheers

Being a life time member isn’t privileged
It’s called loyalty

What about those who can't afford it? Are they not loyal supporters? So yes, in comparison to them, you are privileged. You even get to watch training  :shh

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2018, 09:02:23 AM »
Obviously the club belongs to everyone, rich or poor.

However, the club needs to maximise its revenue. I have no issues with that.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.