Author Topic: Tyson Stengle traded to Adelaide for pick 68 [update]  (Read 16012 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tyson Stengle traded to Adelaide for pick 68 [update]
« on: September 21, 2018, 01:01:17 PM »
The next Eddie? Crows eye Tiger small forward

Callum Twomey
afl.com.au
Sep 21, 2018 9:47AM

ADELAIDE has Richmond small forward Tyson Stengle on its radar, as the out-of-contract Tiger weighs up his future.

Stengle was drafted by the Tigers as a rookie at the end of 2016 from South Australia and played two senior games last year.

However, he couldn't break into their line-up this year despite kicking 33 goals from 19 games at VFL level.

AFL.com.au understands the Crows are among the clubs who have shown interest in the 19-year-old, who will head back to Adelaide after Richmond's season to consider his decision.

The Tigers are believed to be keen to keep Stengle at the club, with the likelihood of a two-year deal to be put forward, but Stengle has put his call on hold until Richmond's finals campaign is over with the belief he is ready to play regular senior football.

Hurting that cause at Punt Road is the surplus of small forwards at coach Damien Hardwick's disposal, including star Daniel Rioli, premiership pair Jason Castagna and Dan Butler and the emergence of Jack Higgins this season.

Another lively Tigers goalkicker, Shai Bolton, is also out of contract at the end of this season.

Adelaide's leading small goalkicker Eddie Betts has booted 273 goals in 111 games since crossing to the Crows at the end of 2013, but will turn 32 later this year.

The targeting of Stengle, who is a nephew of Sydney great Michael O'Loughlin, highlights the need for another emerging small forward option to add to the club's stocks.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-21/the-next-eddie-crows-eye-tiger-small-forward
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 01:02:03 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Crows eye Tiger small forward Tyson Stengle (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 03:17:07 PM »
Best decision maker on the list....cross between Caleb Daniel & Matthew Stokes.... :shh
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 03:37:46 PM by Diocletian »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 04:29:54 PM »
costing us the game in the VFL finals has made him hungry so I hear :shh

Can play :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 04:45:06 PM »
Your favourite ladyboy Brandine cost us that last final..... :shh

Stengle did have a shocking finals series this year though, probably his worst games for the club.... but was easily out best during the home & away season...and played well during last year's VFL finals IIRC.. :shh :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 05:21:39 PM »
Had Stengle stuck that tackle at half back in the dying seconds...:shh

Has ruined everything :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 12:12:08 PM »
Crows circling young Tigers small forward

By SEN
2 Oct 2018

SEN South Australian correspondent Tom Rehn says Adelaide are likely to pursue young Richmond livewire Tyson Stengle.

Stengle, 19, failed to play a senior game for the Tigers in 2018 and is currently out of contract.

Rehn believes the South Australian native could be headed home with the Crows looking to add another small forward to their ranks.

“The one who I’m hearing may come the other way is young Tyson Stengle, who’s played a couple of games with Richmond,” Rehn told SEN Breakfast.

“They’ve (Adelaide) really missed Charlie Cameron since he’s headed to Brisbane, I think the Crows will go after him.

“He’s a South Aussie from Woodville-West Torrens, the Crows have had their issues keeping non-South Australians here in Adelaide.

“I think he’s a player that would probably end up coming back to the Crows in the trade period starting next week.”

Taken with pick six in the 2017 Rookie Draft, Stengle has played two games for the yellow and black.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/10/01/crows-circling-young-tigers-small-forward/

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 12:14:13 PM »
Can you trade a rookie? Or do they just sign him as a free agent.....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 12:35:38 PM »
Given Stengle is a second-year rookie then he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Rookie List & Free Agency:

A rookie list player who retires is not eligible to be a free agent.

A first-year rookie not receiving a second-year rookie contract offer is considered a delisted player and therefore is an unrestricted free agent.

A first-year rookie not accepting a second-year rookie contract offer is not considered a delisted player and must nominate and go through the draft.

A second-year rookie not accepting a third-year rookie contract offer is considered a delisted player and therefore is an unrestricted free agent.

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 12:39:50 PM »
Given Stengle is a second-year rookie then he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

A first-year rookie not receiving a second-year rookie contract offer is considered a delisted player and therefore is an unrestricted free agent.

A first-year rookie not accepting a second-year rookie contract offer is not considered a delisted player and must nominate and go through the draft.

A second-year rookie not accepting a third-year rookie contract offer is considered a delisted player and therefore is an unrestricted free agent.

Pies gave swans a second rd pick for Sam Murray who was on rookee list

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 12:41:06 PM »
Very odd we would let hom go without a yelp. After this final series we saw what it’s looks like when we lose a player or 2 via injury.

I would dump Georgie before this guy, only because He has reached his max output where I think Tyson is an unknown.

Looking like 20% of our list will be turned over this year. Seems a lot
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 12:42:30 PM »

So we just to offer him a contract then Adelaide will have to trade?

Kid is worth keeping. :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2018, 12:45:01 PM »

So we just to offer him a contract then Adelaide will have to trade?
Not really as he first has to accept it....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2018, 12:46:45 PM »

What about a second year rookie who does not accept a senior list contract?

Seems a bit rough that he can walk to wherever he wants when a senior listed player who doesn't agree to a new contract has to go into the draft (except for RFAs and UFAs that is).

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2018, 12:51:53 PM »
What if we offered him a senior list contract? :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 07:17:34 PM »
On the news they showed Stengle at our B&F tonight. So he hasn't left yet.