Author Topic: Who is getting the chop?  (Read 22559 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Who is getting the chop?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2018, 10:09:13 PM »
So were does Stengle fit into this list? I have not seen much of the VFL team this year

Rioli
Butler
Castagna
Stengle
Bolton

+ Rioli Jnr

:shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2018, 08:01:26 AM »
Prepare to be disppointed.... :shh
Should have played at least a game in the seniors this years. Showed good form throughout year and was not rewarded.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2018, 08:06:56 AM »
would rather get rid of the Chestnut out of that lot.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2018, 08:22:53 AM »
Find it pretty crazy that people are wanting to trade Bolton. Loads of talent, whether he makes it or not is yet to be seen but to write him off after his first 2 seasons and less than 10 senior games seems very harsh.

Whose spot would you give to him and why?
He might one day be a poor mans Shane Edwards but atm he’s a long, long way off that standard
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2018, 11:56:31 AM »
Better than George IMHO

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2018, 12:57:00 PM »
Find it pretty crazy that people are wanting to trade Bolton. Loads of talent, whether he makes it or not is yet to be seen but to write him off after his first 2 seasons and less than 10 senior games seems very harsh.

He might one day be a poor mans Shane Edwards but atm he’s a long, long way off that standard

He doesn’t have to take anyone’s spot he’s already got his spot on the list. I’m not saying he needs to be best 22, I also found him underwhelming when he played this year which I have also found Rioli/George/butler at times but what keeps them in the side is their tackling and fwd line pressure off the ball which is something Bolton has to work on.

What I’m saying is why are people so keen to trade him after only 2 seasons and less than 10 games when we can all see how talented he is? Sign him up for a couple more years and see how he develops then make another call after that. Isn’t the only player to struggle for game time at the beginning of his career especially considering his size and weight  in a team that just won the premiership.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2018, 01:41:45 PM »

He doesn’t have to take anyone’s spot he’s already got his spot on the list. I’m not saying he needs to be best 22, I also found him underwhelming when he played this year which I have also found Rioli/George/butler at times but what keeps them in the side is their tackling and fwd line pressure off the ball which is something Bolton has to work on.

What I’m saying is why are people so keen to trade him after only 2 seasons and less than 10 games when we can all see how talented he is? Sign him up for a couple more years and see how he develops then make another call after that. Isn’t the only player to struggle for game time at the beginning of his career especially considering his size and weight  in a team that just won the premiership.

At some point, he needs to be a part of the 18. My question is whose spot that would be - doesn’t have to be round 1 but there’s no point defending him. If you can’t articulate where he’s playing then your argument isn’t very strong....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2018, 01:53:58 PM »
Seen enough of Shai
Don’t want to see anymore
Don’t think the kid actually gets the concept of team sport
No doubt has the ability to win the ball but his finishing off is questionable

dwaino

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2018, 02:05:27 PM »
I’m all for unloading Conca but we have zero midfield depth as it is. I’m skeptical the Crouch thing has anything in it at all but I hope we’ve got a plan for bolstering our midfield.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2018, 02:17:52 PM »
I hoping the Crouch thing has nothing in it - spends more time in rehab than Prestia.  :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2018, 02:19:44 PM »
Seen enough of Shai
Come off it. The guy was the youngest on the list till this year's intake. The fact he can win the ball is important. He has played about 10 games and you've seen enough? One thing he isn't is a small forward. Put him on a wing and let him run through the centre just as he did as a junior and in his best games in the VFL and you'll see a vastly different player. To do that at AFL level he needs to build his tank and be a Brad Hill type. On that point he has a long way to go, but in terms of talent he has more than many of the plodders on our list.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2018, 02:19:59 PM »
its amazing that after a prelim loss you look at our mids and think gee it is pretty light on.

I think we are only one short and that mid must have speed. Outside of dusty who has speed? Cotch/prestia/lambo negative.

Lose dusty to an injury in 2019 and its see you later finals.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2018, 02:22:14 PM »
Seen enough of Shai
Come off it. The guy was the youngest on the list till this year's intake. The fact he can win the ball is important. He has played about 10 games and you've seen enough? One thing he isn't is a small forward. Put him on a wing and let him run through the centre just as he did as a junior and in his best games in the VFL and you'll see a vastly different player. To do that at AFL level he needs to build his tank and be a Brad Hill type. On that point he has a long way to go, but in terms of talent he has more than many of the plodders on our list.

You have obviously never been part of an eagle eye recruiting expert team

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2018, 02:26:26 PM »
its amazing that after a prelim loss you look at our mids and think gee it is pretty light on.

I think we are only one short and that mid must have speed. Outside of dusty who has speed? Cotch/prestia/lambo negative.

Lose dusty to an injury in 2019 and its see you later finals.

We're at least three short IMO....Cotchin, Martin & Prestia are our A-Graders and Prestia can't be relied upon to play a full season....the rest are either kids, c-graders or duds and half of them won't be here next year.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2018, 03:09:04 PM »
Seen enough of Shai

Yep . Watched training most of year so know what he is capable of and isn’t capable of
If guys like Higgins from day 1 can impact a club . While hold onto others who can not grasp the opportunity
I always reflect back to GWS game and his kick 35m out
Also watched him “ turn his toes up “ when things got too hard at VFL level
No from me
Would suggest Stengle and Baker are better players