Author Topic: Sydney Stack [merged]  (Read 201255 times)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sydney Stack [merged]
« Reply #930 on: April 30, 2022, 09:43:09 AM »
Created a few goals due to footy smarts. Not many touches but played a role in his first game back. Nice to see Jack constantly provide advice to Stack throughout the game. Should play in the firsts for the rest of the year.

Offline skiddymcghee

• Future Richmond star
  • "Be the Ball
« Reply #931 on: April 30, 2022, 10:47:51 AM »
Correct. He had a role to play and did it very well

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #932 on: April 30, 2022, 11:37:30 AM »
Played a defensive role and will be better for the run. Needed the game to get a feel of the tempo

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #933 on: April 30, 2022, 12:19:24 PM »
I think he’s a keeper. I see him getting better each week with more time in the seniors.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline skiddymcghee

• Future Richmond star
  • "Be the Ball
« Reply #934 on: April 30, 2022, 02:43:51 PM »
He needs a good run at it. Definantly a keeper, given he is only ~22.
He has the skills, just needs to make sure he has the off-field support system around him!

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #935 on: April 30, 2022, 05:58:46 PM »
I think he’s a keeper. I see him getting better each week with more time in the seniors.

Starting from a low base so will be easy to improve on 5 possessions.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #936 on: May 05, 2022, 12:42:49 PM »
Dimma said today he was happy with is Syd's game last week. Didn't have the touches he would've liked but "played a great game" with his impact (defensive pressure & speed).

However, Dimma also made the point that with good players coming back in, Stack may find himself out of the side but he's done all he can to put his hand up to stay in the side. Now up to Dimma to decide. Same goes for Maurice jnr.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #937 on: May 05, 2022, 04:49:27 PM »
For me I’d play stack or maurice over castagna any day

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #938 on: May 05, 2022, 04:52:58 PM »
I know people think Maurice is the bees knees but i just don,t see it with him so far.

Not going to get right into it but parts of his game are of real concern to me.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #939 on: May 05, 2022, 04:54:40 PM »
I know people think Maurice is the bees knees but i just don,t see it with him so far.

I don’t think anyone thinks he’s a world beater. I think people are just excited from what they’ve seen from what, a 3 gamer ? I would t expect anyone to see a long term future from him
Right now, but the signs are positive IMO.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #940 on: May 06, 2022, 07:21:44 AM »

I’d like you to, agree he’s not perfect but that’s the best game I’ve seen from a small forward of ours since 2020 albeit vs second rate opposition
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #942 on: May 11, 2022, 05:27:38 PM »

I’ve been trying to find this post for the last 2 weeks. I think Claw doesn’t like how he tries to bounce the ball up like a basketball before kicking the ball to the top of the goal square so Lynch can take another mark

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #943 on: May 20, 2022, 09:09:15 PM »
Really disappointed that Stacky didn’t smash it in the VFL game to at least to force Castagna out of the team so he could play dreamtime.
I’m a huge fan of his and I’m hoping he can repay the club by becoming the player we expect he is capable of being.
Not sure why he’s not firing in the vfl as he’s clearly above the level.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #944 on: May 20, 2022, 09:19:23 PM »
Really disappointed that Stacky didn’t smash it in the VFL game to at least to force Castagna out of the team so he could play dreamtime.
I’m a huge fan of his and I’m hoping he can repay the club by becoming the player we expect he is capable of being.
Not sure why he’s not firing in the vfl as he’s clearly above the level.

Feel like he’s been firing most weeks. Seems like the only way Castagna will come out is if we get through a round with no injuries, he plays another stinker and stack plays a blinder. Don’t think all 3 have happened at the same time yet.