Author Topic: Sydney Stack [merged]  (Read 201197 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Sydney Stack [merged]
« Reply #960 on: July 05, 2022, 03:01:40 PM »
Sydney Stack will be unavailable for the medium-term after suffering a fractured cheekbone in Richmond VFL's game against Collingwood on Sunday at the Swinburne Centre.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1165727/stack-injury-update/

"Medium term" usually means 3-6 weeks  :-\.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #961 on: July 05, 2022, 03:14:41 PM »
Sydney Stack will be unavailable for the medium-term after suffering a fractured cheekbone in Richmond VFL's game against Collingwood on Sunday at the Swinburne Centre.

That might be it for him at Richmond unfortunately if his season is done. Can’t see them giving him another year extension if they’ve only selected him once this season. Although could be wrong if we lose 3-4 to retirements. It’s a shame because I really think there’s a very good afl level player in him, just could never get his off season conditioning right and would start weeks behind the rest of the team.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #962 on: July 05, 2022, 03:57:41 PM »
#20 for Collingwood ran behind with his fist out and got Stack in the head after the mark was taken and no 50m was paid let alone no ump/MRO report  ::). The gutless wonder ran straight off to the bench too leaving Stack on the ground :thumbsdown. Gutless from the nearest ump too who had clear sight of the incident 20m away.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #963 on: July 05, 2022, 04:39:15 PM »
Vision of the incident: https://twitter.com/mightytiges/status/1544207212977213440

Fist of Collingwood player wasn't close to the ball when Stack marked it.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #964 on: July 05, 2022, 04:59:13 PM »

Where is the MRO assessment of this incident.  Weak pricks

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #965 on: July 20, 2022, 03:46:31 PM »
On the Outer: Why can't he get a game for your club?

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
20 July 2021

Sydney Stack

Stack has played just the two games at AFL level this year, picking up five disposals in the Tigers' rout of West Coast in round seven, and was an unused medi-sub in round eight. He was building a damaging run of VFL form – averaging 16 disposals and one goal a game – in the six weeks before he fractured a cheekbone at the start of July. The emergence of Maurice Rioli has meant fewer forward spots on offer, while Shane Edwards is also playing more time in attack and less in the midfield.

Others on the outer: Will Martyn (0 games), Riley Collier-Dawkins (two), Rhyan Mansell (two), Matt Parker (five), Thomson Dow (six).

https://www.afl.com.au/news/802756/on-the-outer-why-can-t-he-get-a-game-for-your-club-

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #966 on: July 20, 2022, 07:54:25 PM »
“Emergence of MRJ”

Turn it up

Stack should have had some games by now. If  I were him I would walk. Then we can all watch on while he does what Stengle has done to the crows.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #967 on: July 20, 2022, 08:59:17 PM »
Based on gifted games to others. Correct!

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #968 on: July 20, 2022, 10:24:32 PM »
Bit of both I think let's be honest Stack hasn't rocked up to.one preseason in good shape and always behind the ball that's on him and himself needs more dedication and yes I do agree at times should have come in.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #969 on: July 20, 2022, 10:41:50 PM »
How do we know this as fact? The way we have run out games I’d say the whole club didn’t turn up well to pre season.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #970 on: July 20, 2022, 10:48:52 PM »
How do we know this as fact? The way we have run out games I’d say the whole club didn’t turn up well to pre season.

Come on mate every season he struggled playing catchup.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #971 on: July 20, 2022, 11:36:35 PM »
Bit of both I think let's be honest Stack hasn't rocked up to.one preseason in good shape and always behind the ball that's on him and himself needs more dedication and yes I do agree at times should have come in.

This is 100% correct. Stacky should be in our best 22 and maybe he should be anyway but he hasn’t helped himself one bit and I can understand the coaches picking dedicated players over him.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #972 on: July 21, 2022, 12:39:27 AM »

This is 100% correct. Stacky should be in our best 22 and maybe he should be anyway but he hasn’t helped himself one bit and I can understand the coaches picking dedicated players over him.

Agree TK

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #973 on: July 21, 2022, 08:15:48 AM »
Agree with all above.

He's gone at the end of the year surely.

You simply can't have a bloke like that only fit for the second half of the year every year purely due to his own professionalism and not injuries or external circumstances.

Plenty of other blokes wanna play.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #974 on: July 21, 2022, 09:04:06 AM »
Yeah yeah

What did the cats do with Stengel as he was putting whatever up his nose? They got Betts as apparently they have heaps of cash and we don’t  :lol

This is the thing. Who are the assistants helping this kid? Teague/Ivan Maric?

Over at Geelong Scott goes right we have a good player so lets get Betts in so who do we get?

I wouldn’t listen to Teague either as he is hopeless.

We have become complacent after 3 flags. We had players like Hewitt or Lipinski available for a straight swap of George, but we did nothing.

You reap what you sow.