Author Topic: Richmond has the 2nd best onball brigade (afl site)  (Read 4028 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond has the 2nd best onball brigade (afl site)
« on: January 14, 2019, 02:26:28 PM »
Who has the best onballers? We rank every club

AFL.com.au
Nat Edwards, Travis King, Michael Whiting, Riley Beveridge and Mitch Cleary
14 Jan 2019

IT'S NO great surprise to that Collingwood boasts the best midfield in the League.

With Brodie Grundy's handy work, tapping it down the throats of Steele Sidebottom, Scott Pendlebury, Adam Treloar and in 2019, Dayne Beams, the Magpies' engine room is going to be fueled up and ready to go.

1. Collingwood

2. RICHMOND

Narrowly pipped as the AFL's best midfield, Richmond still boasts one of the most talented on-ball groups in the land. Dustin Martin remains one of the competition's most influential players, with his ability to also go forward just as crucial as his work out of the centre. Shane Edwards made the All Australian team last year, while Trent Cotchin, Kane Lambert and Dion Prestia are proven ball winners out of the middle. But why aren't they number one? Perhaps it's down to the loss of key depth players during the most recent NAB AFL Trade Period. A lot could rely on youngsters like Jack Graham, Connor Menadue and perhaps even Riley Collier-Dawkins should injury strike in 2019.

C: Shaun Grigg, Dustin Martin, Shane Edwards
Foll: Toby Nankervis, Dion Prestia, Trent Cotchin
I/C: Brandon Ellis, Kane Lambert, Jack Graham

Midfield depth: Kamdyn McIntosh, Connor Menadue, Riley Collier-Dawkins, Luke English, Jack Ross, Fraser Turner

Ruck depth: Ivan Soldo, Callum Coleman-Jones

3. GWS
4. Melbourne
5. West Coast
6. Geelong
7. Essendon
8. Bulldogs
9. Adelaide
10. Sydney
11. Brisbane
12. Port Adelaide
13. North Melbourne
14. Fremantle
15. Hawthorn (8th with Mitchell)
16. St Kilda
17. Carlton
18. Gold Coast

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-12/who-has-the-best-onballers-we-rank-every-club

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond has the 2nd best onball brigade (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 06:03:38 PM »
Who has the best onballers? We rank every club

AFL.com.au
Nat Edwards, Travis King, Michael Whiting, Riley Beveridge and Mitch Cleary
14 Jan 2019

IT'S NO great surprise to that Collingwood boasts the best midfield in the League.

With Brodie Grundy's handy work, tapping it down the throats of Steele Sidebottom, Scott Pendlebury, Adam Treloar and in 2019, Dayne Beams, the Magpies' engine room is going to be fueled up and ready to go.

1. Collingwood

2. RICHMOND

Narrowly pipped as the AFL's best midfield, Richmond still boasts one of the most talented on-ball groups in the land. Dustin Martin remains one of the competition's most influential players, with his ability to also go forward just as crucial as his work out of the centre. Shane Edwards made the All Australian team last year, while Trent Cotchin, Kane Lambert and Dion Prestia are proven ball winners out of the middle. But why aren't they number one? Perhaps it's down to the loss of key depth players during the most recent NAB AFL Trade Period. A lot could rely on youngsters like Jack Graham, Connor Menadue and perhaps even Riley Collier-Dawkins should injury strike in 2019.

C: Shaun Grigg, Dustin Martin, Shane Edwards
Foll: Toby Nankervis, Dion Prestia, Trent Cotchin
I/C: Brandon Ellis, Kane Lambert, Jack Graham

Midfield depth: Kamdyn McIntosh, Connor Menadue, Riley Collier-Dawkins, Luke English, Jack Ross, Fraser Turner

Ruck depth: Ivan Soldo, Callum Coleman-Jones

3. GWS
4. Melbourne
5. West Coast
6. Geelong
7. Essendon
8. Bulldogs
9. Adelaide
10. Sydney
11. Brisbane
12. Port Adelaide
13. North Melbourne
14. Fremantle
15. Hawthorn (8th with Mitchell)
16. St Kilda
17. Carlton
18. Gold Coast

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-12/who-has-the-best-onballers-we-rank-every-club
Ahh the off season giggle fest continues

Grigg - now 30 and clearly in decline yet he is still in our top 5 mids.

Edwards - Made A/A  as a mid /fwd where he didnt have to be great in either role.As a fwd hes average at best and as a mid he has one redeeming attribute and thats his hands inside.Go compare him against someone like Robbie Gray in the roles. noew theres a AA Elite mid/fwd.

Nankervis - Blind fred can see he gets killed in the ruck most weeks. Granted he Does give us a good contest around the ground but how many ruckmen are in front of him.

Brandon as soft as they come Ellis - unbelievable!!!  the bar doesnt have to be high in rating midfields it seems.

Jack glass half full Graham -  theres more to the game than just laying tackles getting your hands on the pill is just one thing.

Lambert -  nothing special about him just a reall solid contributor.

Prestia - very good player when he actually plays and is fit.

Cotchin - fair enough has all the runs on the board.

Martin - see cotchin in fact he is our best mid by some margin.

McIntosh - Mr fumbles himself. woulld also be nice if he could find a bit of ball for himself.

Menadue - done nothing menadue and has to be in the gun.

RC-D, English, Ross, and Turner who the last time i looked looked more like a hbf. All first yr players with no guarantee they will play a game this yr or even make it.

Soldo - played 8 games and who knows if he will make it has to be touch and go atm.

CC-J - A 19yo zero games  who like the first yr players mentioned is  probably miles away.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 06:49:33 PM »
Good call, Claw. None of those blokes will ever play in a premiership.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 09:33:18 PM »
 :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 10:40:05 PM »

And Craig remains the best Lambert to play AFL footy, can’t imagine Kane ever being top 3 in our B&F, let alone doing in a finals year or heaven forbid a premiership year.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 11:04:10 PM »
Exactly. Well said HRT :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 08:31:48 AM »
I think Higgins will play a lot of midfield this year
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 08:42:28 AM »
That's what Dimma said was being planned....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 09:53:16 AM »
Claw wants Graham to get more of the ball. Would think that would also be what Graham and Hardwick are working on

in 23 games Graham has 320 disposals at an average 13.9 with 146 tackles at an average of 6

Ablett Jnr in his first 23 games had 264 disposals at 11.47 and 77 tackles at 3.34

Cousins had 329 at 14 and 24 tackles

Judd had 357 at 15.5 and 65 tackles at 2.8

Far too early to be making any call on Graham other than keep working hard son. Same for any of the first or second year players.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 11:26:00 AM »
Claw wants Graham to get more of the ball. Would think that would also be what Graham and Hardwick are working on

in 23 games Graham has 320 disposals at an average 13.9 with 146 tackles at an average of 6

Ablett Jnr in his first 23 games had 264 disposals at 11.47 and 77 tackles at 3.34

Far too early to be making any call on Graham other than keep working hard son. Same for any of the first or second year players.

Did any of those kick 3 goals in a GF in those first 23 games?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 11:30:00 AM »

Did any of those kick 3 goals in a GF in those first 23 games?
Lol!

That's check mate. :thumbsup
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2019, 12:19:47 PM »

lmfao. So all premiership players are complete players and guns ahh wonderfully naieve.

:shh
the usual contribution to any debate, nothing.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 12:23:01 PM »

And Craig remains the best Lambert to play AFL footy, can’t imagine Kane ever being top 3 in our B&F, let alone doing in a finals year or heaven forbid a premiership year.

So he is something more than a real solid contributor. What a gun iyo sheesh.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 12:24:13 PM »

I dont believe Higgins was mentioned in the article obviously they dont rate him.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2019, 12:37:13 PM »

You want to hope Hardwick is working on it. 18yo OR 28yo  in anyone's book 13.9 disposals a game is not good enough for a midfielder.

Ablett junior and Cousins played as fwds when they first played how many goals did they kick in their first couple of seasons.

Brandon Ellis averaged 15.7 and 18.5 in his first two seasons and he also played in a premiership and hes a dud.

Who making a call a blind man can see he need sto find more ball but hey lets not state the bleeding obvious because supporters might get cut up aboutit lol.