Author Topic: Kamdyn McIntosh - 2019 expectations?  (Read 6579 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Kamdyn McIntosh - 2019 expectations?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2019, 07:44:08 PM »
I get the knock on this fella, but I think his value to Dimma's game plan should not be underestimated.

He has good pace and a massive tank. I think a big part of his role is to fill space defensively when we don't have the ball (his low tackle numbers suggest this anyway). This helps infer pressure on the ball carrier so that those guys attacking the ball carrier have a better chance of creating the turnover, either at the contest or when the ball carrier disposes of the ball.

I understand that Broad's role/value to the team is similar.

I am not suggesting for a minute that our newer players can't do this, but McIntosh has a few preseasons on them.

This post is spot on, the rest are superficial posts
I wouldn't call them superficial. They are just opinions. Just because you may not agree with them doesn't make them superficial. And that isn't an opinion. It is a fact.

As an aside, I agree with Slipper on his role in the team. He obviously carries out the orders given to him by the coaches and thus he continues to be selected. That is the number one criteria for selection - the ability to perform the role you have been instructed to perform. It would be, however, nice to see him improve his disposal efficiency, as he is a good kick and that will elevate him to be a far better player for us.

I honesty don’t know why you feel the need to chip in with your condescending opinions on others.
Do you think being a doctor and a coterie (or whatever you are) gives you some special power to judge others?
Mine is an opinion, like yours. If you and others don’t agree then fine - it’s a forum.
What I posted was far more about Slippers post, I just chose to contrast the quality of it to the others which in my opinion are far less insightful and overlook the other dimensions to KMac’s footy that aren’t stat related.
LMAO. You are the one who was condescending in the first place calling their posts superficial. Now you are getting personal too.

Why don't you pull your head in and not be rude? If you think that posts are superficial, just ignore them. Why even describe them that way? Just praise the good posts but don't denigrate others. See how you retaliated with a little criticism of yours?
If you can't take it, don't dish it out. Actually don't dish it out at all and we'd all be happy.

If we all ignored posts because we didn’t like them, we’d barely have a forum. How am I denigrating anyone? I called the posts superficial, not the person. And they are superficial posts - particularly Claws.
 That’s not denigrating any person which makes you wrong.
Read it again.
Think.
Calling people's posts superficial is pretty condescending. If you don't realise that, then you have no hope of recognising the effects your posts have on others.
Yet you call me condescending without citing a single example showing this. Well I'm sorry, but accusations without good evidence is a pretty pathetic form of behaviour.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2019, 10:06:24 PM »
I’m not getting into a circular debate with someone who has a track record of not shifting ground on a topic but I’ll say this:-
1) definition of superficial is “existing or occurring on the surface”. That’s exactly what those first couple of posts were - on the surface that might be a good summary of kmac. The subsequent post that I and you ironically agreed with picked a little beneath that surface and suggested he played a less obvious but valuable role which I agree.  It’s neither condescending or denigrating anyone - it’s describes the post I’d disagreed with in one word.
2) I think you make a point of chipping into forums like a moderator because you appear to think you’re better than others because you know the moderators. I don’t like that behaviour. If you don’t like it, take your own advice and move on - you too don’t have to respond

“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2019, 07:02:36 AM »
"Chipping into forums like a moderator".
"You appear to think you are better than others".

Your so called opinion is both incorrect and obnoxious. Again, you continue to make accusations without any evidence.

I post here like everybody else. I don't "chip in like a moderator". Sometimes I share information that I have gathered from the club. Yes, I do have contacts at the club. I actually thought people might appreciate that. This is a forum about our footy team and people continue to discuss things that they've heard. That's the whole bloody point of being here!!!! I don't post these things because I want to feel superior in anyways whatsoever.  The fact that you feel that I do says a lot more about your insecurities than it says about me. Just think about that for a moment.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2019, 05:21:33 PM »
I get the knock on this fella, but I think his value to Dimma's game plan should not be underestimated.

He has good pace and a massive tank. I think a big part of his role is to fill space defensively when we don't have the ball (his low tackle numbers suggest this anyway). This helps infer pressure on the ball carrier so that those guys attacking the ball carrier have a better chance of creating the turnover, either at the contest or when the ball carrier disposes of the ball.

I understand that Broad's role/value to the team is similar.

I am not suggesting for a minute that our newer players can't do this, but McIntosh has a few preseasons on them.

This post is spot on, the rest are superficial posts
I wouldn't call them superficial. They are just opinions. Just because you may not agree with them doesn't make them superficial. And that isn't an opinion. It is a fact.

As an aside, I agree with Slipper on his role in the team. He obviously carries out the orders given to him by the coaches and thus he continues to be selected. That is the number one criteria for selection - the ability to perform the role you have been instructed to perform. It would be, however, nice to see him improve his disposal efficiency, as he is a good kick and that will elevate him to be a far better player for us.

I honesty don’t know why you feel the need to chip in with your condescending opinions on others.
Do you think being a doctor and a coterie (or whatever you are) gives you some special power to judge others?
Mine is an opinion, like yours. If you and others don’t agree then fine - it’s a forum.
What I posted was far more about Slippers post, I just chose to contrast the quality of it to the others which in my opinion are far less insightful and overlook the other dimensions to KMac’s footy that aren’t stat related.
LMAO. You are the one who was condescending in the first place calling their posts superficial. Now you are getting personal too.

Why don't you pull your head in and not be rude? If you think that posts are superficial, just ignore them. Why even describe them that way? Just praise the good posts but don't denigrate others. See how you retaliated with a little criticism of yours?
If you can't take it, don't dish it out. Actually don't dish it out at all and we'd all be happy.

If we all ignored posts because we didn’t like them, we’d barely have a forum. How am I denigrating anyone? I called the posts superficial, not the person. And they are superficial posts - particularly Claws.
 That’s not denigrating any person which makes you wrong.
Read it again.
Think.
Speaking the truth about players and their short comings sure brings the CLAWS out. hhhhaaaarrrrgggggghhhhhhhh

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2019, 10:43:36 AM »
The Flog Off is complete
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 11:02:42 AM »
The Flog Off is complete
It wasnt quite but it is now ;)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2019, 12:58:24 PM »
:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2019, 08:56:07 PM »
This guy needs to smash more people.

If I was that big and athletic, running around in the Y&B, every opponent would have a target on their back...

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2019, 09:26:56 PM »

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2019, 09:53:26 PM »
This guy needs to smash more people.

If I was that big and athletic, running around in the Y&B, every opponent would have a target on their back...

Looks like Tarzan..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2019, 11:34:34 PM »
Best game for ages....stronger in the contest s and decision making and disposal by hand at least was the best I've eer seen from him....not as many hurried hospital handballs to nowhere.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2019, 11:36:32 PM »
Was good

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2019, 11:38:14 PM »
Best game for ages....stronger in the contest s and decision making and disposal by hand at least was the best I've eer seen from him....not as many hurried hospital handballs to nowhere.... :shh

Looked confident I reckon, which is not something I think we have seen in him in the past.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2019, 01:07:22 PM »
Terrific game.

Wonder if knowing their are blokes breathing down his neck for his spot is havong an impact?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2019, 03:48:37 PM »
How good was his banana kick pass!!!!