Author Topic: Changes for the GF?  (Read 7058 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Changes for the GF?
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2019, 03:23:01 PM »
Norm Smith medal coming up.

😁
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2019, 03:24:20 PM »
haha! sorry to the ross fanboys (he aint ready...horrible by foot)....but as i said it was and has been obvious for a while that dimma has been busting to pick him ( and with good reason)...hope he kicks ass and we smash em

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2019, 03:25:24 PM »
Question,

Did you know who Pickett was 5 months ago?

no...why??????

Just figured you knew him personally or had studied him for a long time going off how you strongly you've been backing. Don't really agree with the statement or see how you came to the conclusion that he's "better than the other 2 in every department". The other 2 being Kmac and Ross obviously. Then again I don't know a whole lot about Pickett so maybe you're correct

Was just curious

Confirmed on RFC website.

Wow! Exciting

What a game to debut in. Mid year pick playing off in a Granny. Hope he kills it
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2019, 03:28:15 PM »

😁

$151 for the Norm Smith. Hmmm
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2019, 03:28:31 PM »
Jack G only had a handful of games before playing in 2017 without much experience at all. Doomsayers making out it's a huge risk to bring Pickett in, am confident he will lift to another level as I am sure most would given the occasion.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2019, 03:28:38 PM »
Unbelievable. WOW!

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2019, 03:29:52 PM »

😁

$151 for the Norm Smith. Hmmm

Damn he is already into $51.

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2019, 03:40:09 PM »
Question,

Did you know who Pickett was 5 months ago?

no...why??????

Just figured you knew him personally or had studied him for a long time going off how you strongly you've been backing. Don't really agree with the statement or see how you came to the conclusion that he's "better than the other 2 in every department". The other 2 being Kmac and Ross obviously. Then again I don't know a whole lot about Pickett so maybe you're correct

Was just curious

Confirmed on RFC website.

Wow! Exciting

What a game to debut in. Mid year pick playing off in a Granny. Hope he kills it

all good...with KMac you know what youre getting...whether becase of something to with his recent injury or otherwise Ross was buthering the ball with his kicks pretty badly in the finals that he played in....pickett on the other hand showed a fair bit in terms of hardness and quality... honestly couldnt care less if got picked or not as long as we get No12...i was just reacting to some experts here who need to learn how to read between the lines....and watch more closely

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2019, 03:57:58 PM »
Tell him to keep it simple tackle and presssure and the ball fill come to him.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 04:39:12 PM by georgies31 »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2019, 04:32:43 PM »
Benny Gale on Ch 7 arvo news said although it's a great football story and Pickett has faced many challenges during his life and prevailed each time, Marlion's form has been very good and as a result he's picked himself.

https://twitter.com/7Sport/status/1177087433717899264

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2019, 04:39:11 PM »
really feel for both Jack Ross & Kam

Both didn't get the opportunity to play last week, so missed out on a premiership

Now they miss out on the opportunity this week 

Great for Marlion, got to be devastating for those 2 blokes
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2019, 05:22:48 PM »

Both didn't get the opportunity to play last week, so missed out on a premiership

Gutted for them too. However, they are AFL players and their job is to support the AFL team. They are not there to play VFL Grand Finals as harsh as that may sound. By sacrificing themselves they gave us security. If Marlion either played poorly or got injured, Ross would be playing. If Broad hadn’t come up, Kamdyn would have played. They have played their role and if we win on Saturday, they will be part of the reason we have another flag.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2019, 06:10:53 PM »
I feel more sorry for Sydney Stack.

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2019, 06:38:24 PM »
Jack G only had a handful of games before playing in 2017 without much experience at all. Doomsayers making out it's a huge risk to bring Pickett in, am confident he will lift to another level as I am sure most would given the occasion.

Jack G had played with these teammates.
Jack G had played in front of huge crowds
Jack G had actually played on the MCG.

Marlion has done none of these and hence comparing the two is just wrong.

I am not a fan of this decision but I hope like hell it pays off. I have nothing against Pickett but don't think he has shown enough for such a big risk.

Really feel for Ross and MacIntosh. Ross was the choice for me.

We will soon find out. Go Tiges
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2019, 06:41:48 PM »
I feel more sorry for Sydney Stack.

Why? He got to play in a VFL flag over blokes who were in better condition. Has had a great first year and will be important for years to come, it's only the start for him.

Gutted for them too. However, they are AFL players and their job is to support the AFL team. They are not there to play VFL Grand Finals as harsh as that may sound. By sacrificing themselves they gave us security. If Marlion either played poorly or got injured, Ross would be playing. If Broad hadn’t come up, Kamdyn would have played. They have played their role and if we win on Saturday, they will be part of the reason we have another flag.

Understand what you are saying but it's never good to see blokes miss out on grand finals under these circumstances no matter what level. VFL is a great standard of footy in the grand scheme of things, probably just misses out on being the 2nd best competition in Australia given the SANFL is sublime. I know if I were to miss out on the big day at AFL level I would be very keen to add a VFL medal to the trophy room.

Who knows. If we let the world come to us and rested no one, maybe Mcintosh recaptures his best form and Ross has 40 touches. Instead neither got the chance to play in a premiership or push their case for the AFL one.

poo situation for those boys. Hard to swallow I'd imagine.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"