Author Topic: Our best 22 for 2020?  (Read 11681 times)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Our best 22 for 2020?
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2019, 12:00:37 PM »
Daniel Rioli is a classy player. Easily our best small forward in terms of game awareness and skills execution as shown by his performance in the geand final. Great goal and great gives and passes to teammates.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2019, 09:18:53 PM »
Daniel Rioli is a classy player. Easily our best small forward in terms of game awareness and skills execution as shown by his performance in the geand final. Great goal and great gives and passes to teammates.
Unfortunately Daniel isn’t Cyril, and is just an average footballer with a famous surname in a very good side.

He plays his roll like all our other foot soldiers, nothing more, nothing less.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2019, 11:48:09 PM »
big tone your loyalty to George has blinded you to reality. its ok we understand. if you think Daniel is an ordinary footballer all your doing is confirming my assertion that George is at best a suburban standard footballer who should be playing at noble park.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2019, 09:26:45 AM »
Oh please you two.

They're both good players.

Rioli has the skill, George has the effort. If either had both they'd be AA.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2019, 09:55:32 AM »
big tone your loyalty to George has blinded you to reality. its ok we understand. if you think Daniel is an ordinary footballer all your doing is confirming my assertion that George is at best a suburban standard footballer who should be playing at noble park.
I didn’t mention George.

But for the record George has been a better and much more consistent player than Rioli over the past 3 years.

Daniel unfortunately hasn’t really lived up the the hype or the expectations we all put on him with having the Rioli surname. Not really his fault but that’s the way it goes.

Like I said, at best he has played his roll and is a 2 time premiership player, but he is far from being in our top 10 or even 15 players.

The other stupid poo you write about George and Noble Park says more about you than anything.

On another note, is 2020 another educational year for the club??   :wallywink

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2019, 11:20:59 AM »
Come off it guys. We've just won another flag!

I disagree with both of you and I know Hardwick does too. Each player has played his role to a high standard and both Rioli and Castagna are picked without hesitation each week. Are they perfect? No. But they do compliment each other. Both are guns. Yeah if Castagna could kick straight he'd be in the top 30 players in the league and if Rioli got more of the ball he'd be up there too. They've both been crucial though in helping us win our flags. Isn't that the most important thing here?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2019, 12:50:40 PM »
Thats fair enough but the criticism on daniel rioli are over the top

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2019, 12:57:57 PM »

Oh please you two.

Rioli does have both.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2019, 01:08:23 PM »

I disagree with both of you and I know Hardwick does too. Each player has played his role to a high standard and both Rioli and Castagna are picked without hesitation each week. Are they perfect? No. But they do compliment each other. Both are guns. Yeah if Castagna could kick straight he'd be in the top 30 players in the league and if Rioli got more of the ball he'd be up there too. They've both been crucial though in helping us win our flags. Isn't that the most important thing here?
Pull your head in doc.

Are we not allowed to debate players since we won our premierships?

You disagree with both of us but find it ok to comment.
Does that mean you are right?
Or do you just sound all righteous!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2019, 01:09:23 PM »

Oh please you two.

Rioli does have both.... :shh
It’s just a shame it’s not much of either

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2019, 04:34:33 PM »
I am confused about Daniel, I think his broken foot has had more affect thawe realise, let’s be patient and see how he goes next year after all he is still pretty young At 22
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 06:26:06 PM by MintOnLamb »

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2019, 07:30:04 PM »

Pull your head in doc.

It's not just my opinion.  It's the coaches too. I've heard them personally talk about these players and I'd say their opinion is far more important than any poster's here.They're the only ones who know what the players have been asked to do and thus the only ones who know if they've carried out those instructions.

So I might sound righteous but I'm right and your not because you have no idea what these players are asked to do on the field so you can't criticize them the way you do. It's as simple as that.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 08:22:21 PM by YellowandBlackBlood »

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2019, 07:14:24 AM »

Pull your head in doc.

It's not just my opinion.  It's the coaches too. I've heard them personally talk about these players and I'd say their opinion is far more important than any poster's here.They're the only ones who know what the players have been asked to do and thus the only ones who know if they've carried out those instructions.

So I might sound righteous but I'm right and your not because you have no idea what these players are asked to do on the field so you can't criticize them the way you do. It's as simple as that.
Come on Frank- do you think every coach and his staff in the AFL are right all the time?
The coaching staff all must rate Bellis but most would agree he is no good.

And do you really think the coaches are going to be 100% honest to a bunch of supporters all the time too?

I have said this before, I like Daniel, but IMO he has been nothing more than a roll player for us which isn’t a bad thing but he probably hasn’t lived up to the hype of the Rioli name or the first round selection we used on him.

I know what you say the coaches say about him, but what is your option?

And where would you say he is in our best 25 players at the club?

These are not hard questions and they are your opinion so be honest and maybe stop trying to be such a “yes” man all the time. It gets boring.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2019, 07:38:43 AM »

Pull your head in doc.

Come on Frank- do you think every coach and his staff in the AFL are right all the time?

And do you really think the coaches are going to be 100% honest to a bunch of supporters all the time too?

I have said this before, I like Daniel, but IMO he has been nothing more than a roll player for us which isn’t a bad thing but he probably hasn’t lived up to the hype of the Rioli name or the first round selection we used on him.

These are not hard questions and they are your opinion so be honest and maybe stop trying to be such a “yes” man all the time. It gets boring.

That sums up forums right there !

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2019, 11:46:52 AM »

Pull your head in doc.

When the coaches explain the roles they're expected to play and then show vision of them executing those roles, it's not about being a yes man. It's about using your brain to understand that most of the times we as supporters have no idea what the players have been asked to do. It's pretty hard to be critical of the players as such. If they are getting picked they are ticking most of the boxes. If they get dropped they are not following team rules or are just horribly out of form.
So after seeing both of those players play their role to a tee, how can I say they are not good enough to be in the side? They are best 22. That's not to say they can't play better of course, but as long as they're playing their roles well the team gels together and we win. And that's what it's all about.