Author Topic: Deafening silence from teammates on Rance  (Read 19053 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Deafening silence from teammates on Rance
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2019, 07:42:27 AM »
And just one more thing

I read some incredibly gutless, heartless and simply downright cruel comments from spinless keyboard warriors on social media last night. Throw in some pathetic unfounded rumours by the same said spineless keyboard warriors and it showed how pathetic people can truly be.

We don't want to see any of the unsubstantiated rumours or gutter talk on here because it will be removed.

Don't think a bit of respect is to much to ask

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2019, 08:50:58 AM »
Theres an old saying

"Those on the field of battle owe no explanation to those on the other side of the fence".

Rance played 200 times. He came when we were rabble. He along with a few others changed the culture of the place and he leaves now a Richmond champion, a Premiership player and the club now described by independent journalists as a Powerhouse.

He owes us nothing. Hes a champion and I wish him the best in his future.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2019, 09:10:19 AM »
So obviously there is more to the story. Had that feeling the moment he announced the retirement

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2019, 09:18:29 AM »
What I dont understand is why do the supporters feel they are owed an explanation. Rance doesnt owe us squat. He deserves to retire in peace and live the life he wants.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2019, 09:24:25 AM »
What I dont understand is why do the supporters feel they are owed an explanation. Rance doesnt owe us squat. He deserves to retire in peace and live the life he wants.

probably because he had 2 years left on a CONTRACT & the fact he negotiated and then re-signed said CONTRACT less than 18 months ago

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2019, 09:50:44 AM »

probably because he had 2 years left on a CONTRACT & the fact he negotiated and then re-signed said CONTRACT less than 18 months ago

maybe his circumstances have changed. interms of his contract he will forfeit most of it now and he made that decision. there is a cost to decision. itll probably cost him 1.5 to 1.8 million. thats not Richmonds loss thats the cost to Rance. He doesnt owe anyone anything IMO.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2019, 12:42:54 PM »

maybe his circumstances have changed. interms of his contract he will forfeit most of it now and he made that decision. there is a cost to decision. itll probably cost him 1.5 to 1.8 million. thats not Richmonds loss thats the cost to Rance. He doesnt owe anyone anything IMO.

Clearly his circumstances have changed. Only time will tell whether the rest of us will find out what those circumstances were/are.
Whether you want to hear it or not.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2019, 12:45:45 PM »
We might need to wait for the book to come out.
🤔
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2019, 12:18:00 AM »
It's been difficult to read all the rubbish that is being thrown around, hardly believable but the lack of voice from players on social media had me worried.

My only concern is how this will effect of playing group either harmless retirement or a rococo one, I'm concerned and would love my mind or to rest.
Go Tigers!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2019, 07:27:12 AM »
Those who think this crap doesn't matter have their heads in the sand. We are paid members and some more than once, and have a right for it to be put to bed and shut down.

This crap I am reading is utter garbage IMO, BUT I think someone from the club needs to say something, or start going legal on these scumbags to show they mean business.

Silence is deafening
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2019, 08:14:07 AM »
The lack of comment on social media may suggest the respect and high regard that his fellow team mates hold him in, that they don't wish to make this difficult time any worse.

Don't forget they are all Richmond men.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2019, 08:16:22 AM »
There is definately one bloke on big footy that should be looked in terms of legal action. From memory he is a NORF supporter and truth is he may have nothing to his name just like his club.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2019, 08:21:02 AM »
Even this site has had legal threats so I can't understand why it's allowed elsewhere.

Incredible really. I don't follow big footy and have no interest in it all, never have to be honest, but the texts I have received are a load of rubbish and I assume came from there.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2019, 08:52:58 AM »
Its out of control on big footy. That site should be shut down. Its an online home for numpties.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2019, 10:38:51 AM »
Its out of control on big footy. That site should be shut down. Its an online home for numpties.

the thing that gets me is y&b gets his arse by the club kicked for reporting the truth, and yet these clowns on another site go undetected. Comments still visible on big footy i assume for all to see.

Figure that one out? :shh