Author Topic: Richmond vs Geelong @ the 'Gabba --- 2020 Grand Final  (Read 54711 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs Geelong @ the 'Gabba --- 2020 Grand Final
« Reply #330 on: December 24, 2020, 06:34:25 PM »
Our flag ranked as the 2nd biggest story of 2020 behind the Covid shutdown.

2. The Tiger dynasty

In 2017, Richmond orchestrated a remarkable year-on-year turnaround, and in 2019 the Tigers were utterly dominant. In 2020 they overcame constant hurdles to win what many involved said was the most satisfying of the club's three premierships in four seasons. Like all clubs, they had to find their rhythm once strict COVID-19 precautions were implemented, and they had their troubles. But they motored towards finals with six straight wins and, after losing to Brisbane in a qualifying final, drew on their big-game experience to overcome Port Adelaide in a thrilling preliminary final. A champion team, rather than a team of champions, the Tigers kept regenerating to win their 13th flag. Noah Balta won his first premiership, defender Jayden Short vied for Norm Smith honours to cap a best-and-fairest season, and Kamdyn McIntosh came in after the heartbreak of missing out in 2019. Whatever the obstacle, the resilient Tigers were able to adapt, delivering the third premiership in 10 years to which chief executive Brendon Gale had aspired when he released a blueprint for success back in 2010. With the 2020 premiership secured, this group joined the Brisbane, Geelong and Hawthorn teams of the past 20 years with a dynasty of its own. 

https://www.afl.com.au/news/536958/the-top-50-biggest-stories-of-2020-5-1

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #331 on: December 31, 2020, 12:03:55 AM »
In some pretty dark days for me kidney problems, severe depression, a failed orthopaedic surgery and my dad passing away the day after the gf,  Richmond was about the only joy I had during the last 6 to 8 months. Great win. Cup 13 in cabinet, and are chasing down our major rivals on the premiership table ladder.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #332 on: December 31, 2020, 09:09:30 AM »
In some pretty dark days for me kidney problems, severe depression, a failed orthopaedic surgery and my dad passing away the day after the gf,  Richmond was about the only joy I had during the last 6 to 8 months. Great win. Cup 13 in cabinet, and are chasing down our major rivals on the premiership table ladder.

Take care Ramps and condolences for the loss of your Dad. Losing a parent is so bloody hard.

Here's hoping that 2021 is better for you and everyone
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #333 on: December 31, 2020, 11:01:33 AM »
He had cancer, he loved richmond, bought his first house in Stawell Street after coming ftom overseas in the 50s.
I reckon he hung on just to be able to see Richmond win another flag.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: December 31, 2020, 11:48:32 AM »
He had cancer, he loved richmond, bought his first house in Stawell Street after coming ftom overseas in the 50s.
I reckon he hung on just to be able to see Richmond win another flag.

Sorry to hear about the old man and that your still doing it tough. Must’ve been a tough Christmas without the old man.
Hang in there old mate, there is no good time to go out of this world but seeing your team winning their 3 flag in 4 years would’ve brought some joy to your dad.  :cheers
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #335 on: January 01, 2021, 07:56:06 PM »
All the best, Ramps. That personal news sucks especially about your dad. My sympathies and condolences to you and your family. Cancer is such a bastard of a disease. As WP said, losing a parent is bloody tough. You take care.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dusty single-handedly pinched the flag from us (Geelong Addy)
« Reply #336 on: January 15, 2021, 04:15:02 AM »
DUSTY SINGLE-HANDEDLY PINCHED IT FROM US: HARRY

Having had a chance to think about it, retired Geelong champion Harry Taylor is sure that just one many stood in the way of his third flag in October. Unfortunately, that man just happened to be the greatest finals player of all time.

Paywall: https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/sport/afl/retired-cat-harry-taylor-certain-that-dustin-martins-virtuoso-game-won-the-afl-grand-final/news-story/c012faae34b46b06473c2ed59c4904e8

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #337 on: January 16, 2021, 03:27:46 PM »
Geelong superstar Patrick Dangerfield has reportedly been sidelined from pre-season training with a groin injury, which also hindered him during October’s Grand Final.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2021-preseason-training-news-patrick-dangerfield-injury-geelong-cats-patrick-cripps-injury-surgery-carlton-blues/news-story/00c8d8c86e5711fbd323d976e3e5be98

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #338 on: January 16, 2021, 08:45:13 PM »
Geelong superstar Patrick Dangerfield has reportedly been sidelined from pre-season training with a groin injury, which also hindered him during October’s Grand Final.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2021-preseason-training-news-patrick-dangerfield-injury-geelong-cats-patrick-cripps-injury-surgery-carlton-blues/news-story/00c8d8c86e5711fbd323d976e3e5be98

Lol.

You mean we basically kicked him in the nuts around half time and he went weak at the knees?

Puh-lease!

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: January 17, 2021, 10:55:05 AM »
Apparently he’s had it since the 2017 QF when he went at 31% by foot
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #340 on: January 17, 2021, 05:14:36 PM »
Funny how they don't mention our side Vaustin out in 5 minutes and Houli hampered all game.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #341 on: January 17, 2021, 07:39:15 PM »
Apparently he’s had it since the 2017 QF when he went at 31% by foot
:rollin

The Cats even brought out a commemoration poster of the 2017 QF with Danger demonstrating how far he missed targets by  ;D.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #342 on: January 18, 2021, 08:58:34 AM »
Them and Port believe there own hype.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #343 on: January 20, 2021, 03:18:58 AM »
Rewatching all our recent finals against the Cats, Danger probably did his injury flopping for frees. Yet some in the footy media called us divers :)) :huh3.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #344 on: January 20, 2021, 10:48:38 PM »
Rewatching all our recent finals against the Cats, Danger probably did his injury flopping for frees. Yet some in the footy media called us divers :)) :huh3.

In finals since 2017, Danger and Dusty have similar average possies (21 each) but Dusty goes at 76% DE vs Danger at 57%.
Dusty has 2.3 goals vs 1 goal and 129 SC points to 97.