Author Topic: Assistant coaches [merged]  (Read 62612 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Assistant coaches [merged]
« Reply #285 on: July 30, 2024, 01:38:59 PM »
I will say I’d be happy to keep lambert but I will add the disclaimer that it is 100% based on what he did as a player and how he conducts himself being a model person to young players to learn from. No idea if he is any good as a coach or not.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #286 on: July 30, 2024, 07:36:25 PM »
Richmond part ways with assistant coach David Teague weeks out from season's end

Tom Morris
Updated July 29, 2024 - 8.34am. First published at 8.28am

Richmond and assistant coach David Teague have agreed to part ways, effective immediately.

9News can reveal the club's football boss Tim Livingstone notified the players following Sunday's loss to Collingwood at the MCG.

The decision was ultimately mutual. Teague was back at Punt Road post-game farewelling colleagues and players after almost three years at the club.

His departure allows the Tigers to promote a development coach, with either Kane Lambert or Sam Lonergan favoured to take charge of the forward-line portfolio.

For Teague, he can now explore other opportunities unencumbered by his day to day role in Adem Yze's set up.

Teague joined the club ahead of the 2022 season, with Damien Hardwick handing him the job of coaching the team's offensive strategies. In 2022 Richmond scored more points than any other side.

At the end of 2023, the club relieved the ex-Carlton coach of his offensive strategy duties and replaced him with Chris Newman.

It's understood Teague offered to help out with offence again across the last month of the season. The request was rejected, which led to the amicable conversation to part ways.

The decision was made before Sunday's game against Collingwood and while there was a sense of disappointment on Sunday night, there was no bad blood between the club and Teague.

The AFL Coaches' Association tells its members to "start looking" if they are out of contract on August 1. This mutual parting of ways allows Teague to do just this.

Teague first coached the Northern Bullants at the age of 26, before embarking on stints at West Coast, St Kilda, Adelaide and Carlton, where he took over the senior gig following Brendon Bolton's sacking and oversaw 50 matches.

At the Crows, Blues and Tigers in 2022, his offensive intellect was widely praised. The late Phil Walsh credited Teague for Adelaide's lethal front half scoring prowess in 2017, and even though his stint at Carlton didn't bring success, his team was unashamedly attacking.

The 43-year-old also assisted with the Bachar Houli Foundation this year, aiding young Islamic coaches and players.

The Tigers are expected to confirm Teague's departure as early as Monday.

They are facing their first wooden spoon since 2007.

https://www.nine.com.au/sport/afl/news-2024-richmond-tigers-sack-assistant-coach-david-teague-collingwood-loss-20240728-p5jxbk.html
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Wazza

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #287 on: July 31, 2024, 10:13:57 PM »
Matty knights leaving the eagles and heading to Victoria.....anything to see here? Bringing home the old players  :shh

Knights to depart Eagles
Forward line coach Matthew Knights will return to Victoria for family and lifestyle reasons

By westcoasteagles.com.au
6 hrs ago

West Coast Eagles assistant coach Matthew Knights has informed the club he will not seek a contract extension beyond this season and will return to Victoria for family and lifestyle reasons.

Knights joined the Eagles from Geelong ahead of the 2022 campaign as midfield coach and transitioned to working with the forward line this season.

He will remain in his role supporting interim senior coach Jarrad Schofield until the end of the season.

“’Knighta’ has been an invaluable member of our team, known for his passion and the strong relationships he built with players and staff alike,” General Manager Football Gavin Bell said.

“His contributions have greatly impacted our program and he will be missed. While it would have been nice to retain him at the club we wish him all the best in his future endeavours

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #288 on: July 31, 2024, 10:55:40 PM »
He can bring Waterman with him

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2024, 12:32:47 AM »
Cats are offering join a huge contract

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2024, 10:47:16 AM »

Pass

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #291 on: August 01, 2024, 01:31:25 PM »

Pass

Why? He's a quality lead up forward. The literal description of what bojangles used to call "hands like a steel trap whoooooaaaaa"
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #292 on: August 01, 2024, 01:37:26 PM »

Pass

Don't you think he'd be an upgrade on:
Lynch (old, injured)
Lefau (injured)
Kosi
Ryan

??

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #293 on: August 01, 2024, 02:30:50 PM »
From Twitter

@JoshGabelich

Kane Lambert has been promoted to @Richmond_FC forwards coach, following the departure of David Teague. Dustin Martin trained fully today and is expected to return vs North Melbourne. Toby Nankervis has exited concussion protocols @AFLcomau

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #294 on: August 01, 2024, 02:33:01 PM »

Pass

Lynch (old, injured)
Lefau (injured)
Kosi
Ryan

??

It's a no from me because

1/ this is his first consistent season
2/ he isn't worth the $$$ he is supposedly chasing after one decent season

And no I don't see him as upgrade on Lynch or Lefau

Offline Gigantor

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2024, 02:40:53 PM »
Although happy Kane got the gig for now, why didn’t they just let Teague finish the season?
Is it the norm assistants get let go immediately?

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2024, 03:01:33 PM »
From Twitter

@JoshGabelich

Kane Lambert has been promoted to @Richmond_FC forwards coach, following the departure of David Teague. Dustin Martin trained fully today and is expected to return vs North Melbourne. Toby Nankervis has exited concussion protocols @AFLcomau

Wonder if Lonergan will be let go at the end of the year?  He has been in the development space longer than Lambert but Lambert got given the line coaching role last year when Mini was appointed caretaker coach and now again in place of Teague.  Will be interested to see if Lambert can get anymore out of the forwards than Teague did.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2024, 04:06:00 PM »

Pass

Lynch (old, injured)
Lefau (injured)
Kosi
Ryan

??

It's the first season West Coast have gotten the ball inside 50 occasionally since he's been a decent age.

On track for 50 goals and he's not better than Lefau? That's a big call. He's been fantastic this season and plays the exact way we need a forward to play.

It's a moot point because I don't believe there's any connection between us and him but he'd be a great get for anything 700k or under
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2024, 08:09:45 PM »

Pass

Lynch (old, injured)
Lefau (injured)
Kosi
Ryan

??

It's the first season West Coast have gotten the ball inside 50 occasionally since he's been a decent age.

On track for 50 goals and he's not better than Lefau? That's a big call. He's been fantastic this season and plays the exact way we need a forward to play.

It's a moot point because I don't believe there's any connection between us and him but he'd be a great get for anything 700k or under

1000% an upgrade on lefau not sure how you can think otherwise.

Doesn’t make any sense to trade him or any other player in their mid to late 20s when most on here are wanting to trade any half decent player we have because they won’t be part of our next flag side. Bolton is 25 years old, Waterman is 26. Trading one out for draft picks only to then use them an older (albeit slightly) player doesn’t make much sense to me.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #299 on: August 01, 2024, 08:47:53 PM »
Lynch IMO will never play regular footy again.

Lefau we'll be lucky to see before the MSD and no guarantee he'll be good for his 1.5 goals/game on return.

So we have Kosi and Ryan to look forward to.