Author Topic: Assistant coaches [merged]  (Read 62618 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Assistant coaches [merged]
« Reply #300 on: August 01, 2024, 08:48:48 PM »
Kane Lambert promoted for final month of the season

Richmond has promoted Kane Lambert to forwards coach for the final month of the season.

By Josh Gabelich, AFL Media
4 hrs ago

Richmond has promoted Kane Lambert to forwards coach for the final month of the season following the departure of David Teague after last Sunday’s loss to Collingwood.

Lambert transitioned from playing to coaching after he was forced to retire midway through 2022 due to a persistent hip injury.

The three-time premiership player has been a development coach since then, firstly under Damien Hardwick and then with Adem Yze in 2024.

But with Teague concluding his time at the club after joining Richmond in 2022, Lambert has been elevated to fill the void.

The 32-year-old, who played 135 games for the Tigers after being drafted at the age of 23, will also continue to work with the VFL program, led by Steve Morris.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1615596/lambert-promoted-for-final-month-of-the-season
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #301 on: August 01, 2024, 09:03:15 PM »

1000% an upgrade on lefau not sure how you can think otherwise

Easily, as I said this is his first consistent season. Prior to this year and taking out last year when he had the serious illness he hasn't been the most consistent player at the Eagle. Just my opinion but he needs to back it. He is contracted for 2025 and for him to be wanting to renegotiate his current deal because of this one good season puts me right off.

Doesn’t make any sense to trade him or any other player in their mid to late 20s when most on here are wanting to trade any half decent player we have because they won’t be part of our next flag side. Bolton is 25 years old, Waterman is 26. Trading one out for draft picks only to then use them an older (albeit slightly) player doesn’t make much sense to me.

Totally agree with you on this 👆

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #302 on: August 01, 2024, 09:33:01 PM »
Kane Lambert promoted for final month of the season

Richmond has promoted Kane Lambert to forwards coach for the final month of the season.

By Josh Gabelich, AFL Media
4 hrs ago

Richmond has promoted Kane Lambert to forwards coach for the final month of the season following the departure of David Teague after last Sunday’s loss to Collingwood.

Lambert transitioned from playing to coaching after he was forced to retire midway through 2022 due to a persistent hip injury.

The three-time premiership player has been a development coach since then, firstly under Damien Hardwick and then with Adem Yze in 2024.

But with Teague concluding his time at the club after joining Richmond in 2022, Lambert has been elevated to fill the void.

The 32-year-old, who played 135 games for the Tigers after being drafted at the age of 23, will also continue to work with the VFL program, led by Steve Morris.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1615596/lambert-promoted-for-final-month-of-the-season

i hope its only for 1 month. Hasn't shown much in his 2 years. Needs more of a development role first.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #303 on: August 01, 2024, 10:32:06 PM »

Easily, as I said this is his first consistent season. Prior to this year and taking out last year when he had the serious illness he hasn't been the most consistent player at the Eagle. Just my opinion but he needs to back it. He is contracted for 2025 and for him to be wanting to renegotiate his current deal because of this one good season puts me right off.

Doesn’t make any sense to trade him or any other player in their mid to late 20s when most on here are wanting to trade any half decent player we have because they won’t be part of our next flag side. Bolton is 25 years old, Waterman is 26. Trading one out for draft picks only to then use them an older (albeit slightly) player doesn’t make much sense to me.

To your first point. As accurate as that may or may not be. It’s still a hell of a lot more than leafau has accomplished in his albeit short career.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #304 on: August 01, 2024, 10:35:31 PM »
I heard he has done well  in his role and works hard on getting the  ready .

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #305 on: August 01, 2024, 10:42:51 PM »

To your first point. As accurate as that may or may not be. It’s still a hell of a lot more than leafau has accomplished in his albeit short career.

Yep. Clear as day that Waterman is a player. Like stuff me, look at how he leads and how he marks the footy. It's poetry
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #306 on: August 01, 2024, 10:47:46 PM »

It is clear you rate him and it pretty clear I obviously don't

Wonderful things opinions we all have 'em and so from that we can agree to disagree

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #307 on: August 01, 2024, 11:13:43 PM »

It is clear you rate him and it pretty clear I obviously don't

Wonderful things opinions we all have 'em and so from that we can agree to disagree

You’re obviously entitled to your opinion ofcourse, it’s just a curious one for me. I’m not even sure I rate waterman myself but your saying he wouldn’t be an upgrade on a guy that wasn’t on an AFL list until he was almost 26 years old.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #308 on: August 01, 2024, 11:28:40 PM »
You'd think Waterman has 4 minimum, maybe 6+ years in him at his age.

I'd take him. He's an outside chance at our next flag side but Lynch is kaput IMO and Lefau out for another 9 months or whatever.

Ryan a giraffe.

Kosi makes the other Kosi look like Mt Kosciusko.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: August 01, 2024, 11:48:29 PM »

I'd take him. He's an outside chance at our next flag side but Lynch is kaput IMO and Lefau out for another 9 months or whatever.

Ryan a giraffe.

Haven’t you been promoting us to trade Bolton who is younger? What we be the point of trading Bolton who is a much better player just to then give those picks up for a player like waterman?

Imo if your gonna adopt this trade all players with any currency strategy (one which I personally think is unwise) you really need to be hitting the draft and trying to lure free agents as they don’t cost any picks. The exception to that being if some gun player 22/23 years old or younger requests a trade in.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #310 on: August 02, 2024, 08:41:14 AM »
That’s the right strategy imo , use our position in the draft and recruit players who are good for free.
He would cost us a decent draft pick , take a spot on our list and he was lucky to get a game in previous years , pass for me unless he is for free.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #311 on: August 02, 2024, 07:21:10 PM »

Ryan a giraffe.

Haven’t you been promoting us to trade Bolton who is younger? What we be the point of trading Bolton who is a much better player just to then give those picks up for a player like waterman?

Imo if your gonna adopt this trade all players with any currency strategy (one which I personally think is unwise) you really need to be hitting the draft and trying to lure free agents as they don’t cost any picks. The exception to that being if some gun player 22/23 years old or younger requests a trade in.

Just suggesting if  WCE want Bolton and P3 isn't enough they can throw in Waterman.

The difference for me is in Bolton's lack of leadership and on field discipline, not football ability.

Offline skiddymcghee

• Future Richmond star
  • "Be the Ball
« Reply #312 on: August 02, 2024, 07:58:58 PM »
Isn't this topic meant to be about Assistant Coaches.?

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #313 on: August 02, 2024, 08:08:00 PM »
Exactly moderators get back on topic lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #314 on: August 02, 2024, 08:41:01 PM »
Exactly moderators get back on topic lol

Noted  ;)