Author Topic: Fitness / Conditioning / Luke Meehan appointed Physical Performance Manager [merged]  (Read 17273 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Fitness / Conditioning 2022
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2022, 12:05:56 AM »
Luke Meehan I believe was his right hand man. Been employed at our club for 10 years,
Cheers, Frankie.

Luke is currently a strength & conditioning coach at Richmond Tigers Football Club. Prior to his role at the Tigers, he has worked at Western Bulldogs and Geelong FC.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/106-luke-meehan-head-strength-conditioning-coach-richmond/id1551125621?i=1000551799801

Experience:

Strength And Conditioning Coach
Richmond Football Club
Oct 2012 - Present (10 years)
Melbourne, Australia

Strength And Conditioning Coach
Western Bulldogs
Oct 2007 - Sep 2012 (5 years)

Assistant Strength And Conditioning Coach
Geelong Cats
Oct 2004 - Sep 2006  (2 years)

https://au.linkedin.com/in/luke-meehan-949285147

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2022, 07:52:59 AM »
Burgess leaves the dees and they all  a sudden can’t finish off teams in the second half.

I expect much of the same in 2023 from us, unless we start loading up in this department. Not replacing inness cost us games this year. Look at the swans. Flying.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2022, 10:15:02 AM »
Burgess leaves the dees and they all  a sudden can’t finish off teams in the second half.

I expect much of the same in 2023 from us, unless we start loading up in this department. Not replacing inness cost us games this year. Look at the swans. Flying.

Rob Inness was our rehab guy

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2022, 11:25:16 AM »

Rob Inness was our rehab guy

Correct.

How many repeat injuries did we have this year?

Yet we want to be tightarses, and rather spend money on other areas which have little
influence to our onfield performance.

Can tell you know if we want to load up on hopper with the rubbish we dished out this year, then expect more rehab time for that kid.

If we end up with Luke as our main man then we would be making a big mistake as he was part of this years problem.

Offline Gigantor

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2022, 08:11:57 PM »
Our list has been an ageing list . Soft tissue injuries are part and parcel of such a list . Don’t think it would have helped if we had the Harvard medical school to see us through this

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2022, 08:36:31 PM »
Our list has been an ageing list . Soft tissue injuries are part and parcel of such a list . Don’t think it would have helped if we had the Harvard medical school to see us through this

Pee weak excuse.  Geesooks list is older than ours and they've done a lot better with injuries and management

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2022, 08:45:05 PM »
Beat me to it Knighter. Some people really have no idea., and I’m sure Gig would retract that comment if he had his time again.

I could be wrong but cats had a pretty good list last year as well.  :lol

Dusty’s gone from having a great run of injuries to not because he went from the age of 29 to 30. Nothing to do with management at all. Zero.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2022, 12:30:17 PM »
Beat me to it Knighter. Some people really have no idea., and I’m sure Gig would retract that comment if he had his time again.

I could be wrong but cats had a pretty good list last year as well.  :lol

Dusty’s gone from having a great run of injuries to not because he went from the age of 29 to 30. Nothing to do with management at all. Zero.

Whoever thinks age doesn't plat a party. Needs a reality  check yes you need a great fitness team with out a doubt Cotchin had his injuries forever , Grimes always his hammy.

Cats get there fair share Danger , Cameron etc.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Luke Meehan appointed Physical Performance Manager (RFC)
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2022, 06:41:34 PM »
Luke Meehan appointed Physical Performance Manager

Richmond media
16 November 2022

Richmond is pleased to announce the appointment of Luke Meehan as the Club’s new Physical Performance Manager.

Meehan, who commenced the day-to-day operations of his new role this month, has been the strength and conditioning coach at the Club for the past 10 years, working closely with all players across eight finals campaigns and three premierships.

The experienced elite-performance coach has overseen the off-season programs for the Tigers’ playing list since the Elimination Final defeat to Brisbane in September.

Previously to his time at Richmond, Meehan was the strength and conditioning coach at the Western Bulldogs (2007-12), helping them to three consecutive preliminary finals.

Meehan also spent the 2005 and 2006 seasons at Geelong as part of the strength and conditioning and rehabilitation team.

Richmond's strength and conditioning coach, Luke Meehan, joins Bec Goddard to chat all things Tigers, training and triumph.

“Luke has a strong body of experience in elite performance, having held several roles across close to 20 years in the AFL industry,” Richmond General Manager- Football Performance Tim Livingstone said.

“He has an intimate knowledge of our playing list and will bring both stability and growth to our program, which is exciting for us and our players.

"Luke stood out following an extensive process, and we look forward to seeing him expand upon the excellent work he has put in within the program already.”

Richmond 1–4-year players will return to training officially on November 21, with 5+ year players starting a fortnight later.

Meehan replaces the outgoing Peter Burge in the Physical Performance Manager role.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1248069/luke-meehan-appointed-physical-performance-manager

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Luke Meehan appointed Physical Performance Manager (RFC)
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2022, 06:51:54 PM »
But underwhelming that we’ve gone for an internal promotion rather than poaching someone externally given our struggles over the past few seasons which Luke would have been a part of although not running things.

Good luck to him though and hope he comes through in spades in what is a crucial role imo. Its an area we need to improve in significantly if we want to return to the top both in terms of fitness levels, injury treatment, rehab and return programs.

Broadsword

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2022, 10:06:22 PM »
Looks like a good appointment on paper.

Anyone on here who's been a good deputy to a bad boss knows he shouldn't be tainted by the previous regime's failings. He should be judged on his own merits.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2022, 10:17:13 PM »

Anyone on here who's been a good deputy to a bad boss knows he shouldn't be tainted by the previous regime's failings. He should be judged on his own merits.

Fair point.

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2022, 12:09:43 AM »

Anyone that has worked under a bad boss/manager at all can relate to that. agree 100% & i'm sure we can all relate.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2022, 09:53:29 AM »

Anyone that has worked under a bad boss/manager at all can relate to that. agree 100% & i'm sure we can all relate.

Certainly can. Can actually make you more determined to prove the doubters wrong

Sidebar: new puma team polo looks good, especially the nib logo
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2022, 01:31:19 PM »
Hate my boss.

Always want to prove her wrong.

It's a vicious and unhealthy cycle.