Author Topic: Fitness / Conditioning / Luke Meehan appointed Physical Performance Manager [merged]  (Read 19036 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Luke Meehan appointed Physical Performance Manager (RFC)
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2023, 12:55:27 PM »
Just about better off playing Pickett in the ruck and having another mid in there.

He has a good leap.

Funny you should say that

Rd 3 against Collingwood, when Pickett took one centre bounce we easily one the clearance

Go figure  :help :yep :huh3
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2023, 07:28:54 PM »
Umm... 2 new coaches this year not 1 Frankie.

Rutten and Lambert

If you are going to go whack; which you are more than welcome to do at least got whack with facts not what you think has happened

Again just on Teague, he was forward line coach last season and we we were one of the highest scoring teams in the comp. He is no longer forward line coach in 2023 and our forward line is again dysfunctional

But whatever

Sure okay add lambert. Point still stands for last year.

Firstly, I’m not convinced he was the forward coach and I can tell you why. Many games last year he was not in the forward group at half time. Is that 100% accurate he was out forward line coach in every  game?

Secondly, scoring big numbers with no defensive pressure is not how you win flags.

Thirdly, he is a dud coach and he proved that at Carlton. Fact.

I would dump his sorry arse and make a big play for grigg and hodgy

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2023, 04:29:04 AM »
Not sure he was forward line coach last season either, I think it was him or Xavier Clarke. If he wasn’t forwards coach, he was in charge of ‘offensive movement’ or something along those lines. Would be great if the club could update the website so we know each coach’s role but that is a seperate matter.

Whatever his official title was, his role was 100% offensive based and the primary function of that role would be to score goals and we were AFL#1 for that. Are there other complimentary benefits that would fall under his jurisdiction, sure but his main objective is scoring and we achieved that in spades. Also you don’t seem to be anywhere near as critical of the defensive or midfield coaches which we performed much worse in.

If Teague’s reign at Carlton proves him to be a dud coach, what does that make the likes of rutten or even Leppitsch before him?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2023, 08:03:09 AM »
Well another soft tissue injury, and another fade out due to being lazy unfit or whatever you want to call it.

Doesn’t matter as our man Luke is doing a fantastic job
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2023, 08:58:05 AM »
Need complete change here.  We aren't fit enough

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2023, 09:10:24 AM »
Agree. Not good enough

Was it this bloke insisting no balls be used until February?
Some of these bozos will insist on this crap to protect hamstrings. Now the season begins and injuries are abundant.  :help

It’s all speculation but I can only see what has occurred and I blame this bloke for our lack of fitness and poor skills.

The club that keeps giving.

FooffooValve

« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2023, 09:52:51 AM »
If Lynch, Tarrant, Nank, Biggie, Bradtke, Soldo, Brown, Smith and Colina were all running around in the 1s or 2s, would this even be an issue? None of these injuries can be slated home to Meehan, yet he gets criticised for us having a long injury list.

Does he get credit for Short coming back from 3 weeks off and playing as well as he did? No, I didn't think so.

Lots of ill-informed 'fitness experts' on here with opinions that aren't worth a tinkers in my book.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2023, 10:32:34 AM »
If Lynch, Tarrant, Nank, Biggie, Bradtke, Soldo, Brown, Smith and Colina were all running around in the 1s or 2s, would this even be an issue? None of these injuries can be slated home to Meehan, yet he gets criticised for us having a long injury list.

Does he get credit for Short coming back from 3 weeks off and playing as well as he did? No, I didn't think so.

Lots of ill-informed 'fitness experts' on here with opinions that aren't worth a tinkers in my book.

Nah he is a dud.  Blind freddy can see that.

Broadsword

« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2023, 10:41:34 AM »
It's always astounded me just how much Blind Freddy can actually see.

FooffooValve

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2023, 10:59:38 AM »

Nah he is a dud.  Blind freddy can see that.

What are your reasons for saying that?

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2023, 11:09:47 AM »
Umm... 2 new coaches this year not 1 Frankie.

Rutten and Lambert

If you are going to go whack; which you are more than welcome to do at least got whack with facts not what you think has happened

Again just on Teague, he was forward line coach last season and we we were one of the highest scoring teams in the comp. He is no longer forward line coach in 2023 and our forward line is again dysfunctional

But whatever

Bang on
Go Tigers!

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2023, 11:12:55 AM »

It's always astounded me just how much Blind Freddy can actually see.

:lol :lol :lol

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2023, 02:20:57 PM »
Last 3 seasons our fitness and medical side has been exposed like it or not club has not invested in it and I don't want to hear covid crap took the easy root last year with this appointment we look unfit bigtime to.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2023, 04:14:04 PM »

Facts are facts FFV.
Ask yourself a question
Can we currently execute our game style for four quarters?

If the answer is no it’s a fitness issue plain and simple. You don’t need to be a fitness guru to know that.

Also if you’re not fit enough in any industry whilst working are you more prone to injury?
The club that keeps giving.

FooffooValve

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2023, 05:04:20 PM »

Facts are facts FFV.
Ask yourself a question
Can we currently execute our game style for four quarters?

If the answer is no it’s a fitness issue plain and simple. You don’t need to be a fitness guru to know that.

Also if you’re not fit enough in any industry whilst working are you more prone to injury?

Ask yourself this: we won 13.5 games last year, and were an arc decision from facing a weakened Melbourne in a semi final. Were we only fit enough for 13.5 games and not fit enough for the other 8 or 9?

I don't buy any of this malarkey. It's got much more to do with personnel available at the moment, the number of kids with only one or two preseason in them, and a lot of aging champs.

When things aren't going right on field, the fitness staff are just an easy target. "Must be fitness" is a cheap shot. It's much more complex than that and that's the point I'm trying to make.