Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 106518 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #480 on: September 22, 2022, 10:20:06 PM »
The Suns did the same with Will Brodie to Freo.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #481 on: September 23, 2022, 05:52:00 AM »
Jay Clark throwing out Graham and Soldo.

------------------------------

Jay Clark | The Two Players Richmond Could Sacrifice To Land Hopper & Taranto

"They do want some ruck support."

Richmond's pursuit of Jacob Hopper and Tim Taranto could come at a cost, according to Triple M's Jay Clark.

Hopper and Taranto have nominated the Tigers as their preferred destination in the upcoming trade period.

But with two ready-made stars ready to walk in, it could come at the cost of two more established names.

"They need to come up with the best part of a first-round and a second-round pick for each of those," he explained.

WHO RICHMOND COULD LOSE:
Audio in the link: https://www.triplem.com.au/story/jay-clark-the-players-richmond-could-sacrifice-to-land-hopper-taranto-206327

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #482 on: September 23, 2022, 09:09:00 AM »
No fn idea these guys. 
Should be a moratorium on footy media discussing trades until after the gf. 

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #483 on: September 23, 2022, 10:21:23 AM »
Sounds pretty spot on to me.  At least he was saying a 1st and 2nd rounder which sounds about right.  Not like Karen and the anti Richmond mob that are demanding it cost us x2 1st rounders

Graham and Soldo are both fringe players with value and the right players to move on for some picks or as part of the Taranto / Hopper deals

Offline OneEyedRichmond

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #484 on: September 23, 2022, 12:09:56 PM »
Sounds pretty spot on to me.  At least he was saying a 1st and 2nd rounder which sounds about right.  Not like Karen and the anti Richmond mob that are demanding it cost us x2 1st rounders

Graham and Soldo are both fringe players with value and the right players to move on for some picks or as part of the Taranto / Hopper deals

Haha 😂… Graham is not a fringe player, in fact he’s the Lambert replacement. He’ll have his contract extended next year 😉

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #485 on: September 23, 2022, 01:05:59 PM »
Graham needs to stay. 

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #486 on: September 23, 2022, 03:07:36 PM »

Haha 😂… Graham is not a fringe player, in fact he’s the Lambert replacement. He’ll have his contract extended next year 😉

Not just me the coaching staff also think he is a fringe player because he wasn't picked for our final when he was right to go.

He is half the player Lambert was.  To use the 2 in the same sentence is offensive to Kane.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #487 on: September 23, 2022, 03:15:33 PM »

Not just me the coaching staff also think he is a fringe player because he wasn't picked for our final when he was right to go.

He is half the player Lambert was.  To use the 2 in the same sentence is offensive to Kane.

A lot of people just don’t realise how special Lambert was as a player
Genuine star

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #488 on: September 23, 2022, 03:36:33 PM »

He was not right to go. Dimma played one player who was not right to go- Dusty. Couldn't take the chance with 2 players playing injured. Did everything he could do to get up, and he is still having toe issues.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #489 on: September 23, 2022, 04:06:43 PM »

He was not right to go. Dimma played one player who was not right to go- Dusty. Couldn't take the chance with 2 players playing injured. Did everything he could do to get up, and he is still having toe issues.

Our medical staff had confirmed he was available for selection.  He was far more match fit than Dusty.  He just didn't get picked.  That tells me the coaching staff didn't think his form before the injury warranted selection.   

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #490 on: September 23, 2022, 04:15:43 PM »

Our medical staff had confirmed he was available for selection.  He was far more match fit than Dusty.  He just didn't get picked.  That tells me the coaching staff didn't think his form before the injury warranted selection.

Sorry you are wrong.

He was not selected as per The Machine.

As for our fitness staff? I think it is fair to say they got more wrong in 2022 than they got right, so forgive me if I don't put much credence in turn declaring someone available for selection 3 days before a game
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #491 on: September 23, 2022, 04:42:15 PM »

Trust me on this one Knighter :shh

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #492 on: September 23, 2022, 04:46:04 PM »

Not often we agree but we do on this.

I have said it elsewhere - he should have played before Dusty. Both coming off injuries but at least Graham was match fit. Dusty would have been blowing cobwebs out.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #493 on: September 23, 2022, 04:48:04 PM »

Sorry you are wrong.

He was not selected as per The Machine.

As for our fitness staff? I think it is fair to say they got more wrong in 2022 than they got right, so forgive me if I don't put much credence in turn declaring someone available for selection 3 days before a game

He was listed as a test and considered available just like Dusty.

Should have played the defensive role on Neale.

Jack Graham    Foot    Test
 Dustin Martin    Hamstring    Test
 Dylan Grimes    Hamstring    3-4 weeks

Updated: August 30, 2022

Early prognosis
Both Martin and Graham should be available for selection in Thursday night's elimination final against Brisbane. Grimes is progressing well, having hit about 60 per cent running pace and started changing direction – Sarah Black

https://www.afl.com.au/news/832633/medical-room-the-full-afl-injury-list-ahead-of-finals-week-one

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #494 on: September 23, 2022, 06:42:53 PM »
Brisbane forward Dan McStay will join Collingwood after officially informing the Lions of his intention to head to the Magpies.

The Lions will get a free agency compensation pick for McStay, who is set to sign a five-year deal at the Magpies.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/848994/mcstay-opts-to-mcgo-lions-tall-set-to-join-magpies

-----------------------------------------------

Adelaide has expressed interest in bringing Collingwood wingman Caleb Poulter home to South Australia.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/22/report-crows-keen-to-lure-collingwood-midfielder-home/