Author Topic: Left vs Right Political correctness [Split from Bolton thread]  (Read 10232 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Left vs Right Political correctness [Split from Bolton thread]
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2022, 05:42:39 AM »
Dio well he probably went down the same road as the Doc :shh

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2022, 01:55:23 PM »
Collectively freaking out about some random single video but not repeated massacres of little schoolkids. Welcome to American political conservatism :whistle

When British press wants to argue about our God-given American gun rights, my answer is: “go back to your own country.”
https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1539751476507066369
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/marjorie-taylor-greene-tells-british-reporter-to-go-back-to-your-country-after-being-challenged-on-gun-laws/ar-AAYLxkV?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=88ebbeb23a794d2799c164db112ac2fe#comments

With members of the House ‘Freedom Caucus’ looking on, Marge Greene calls on the 14 Republican Senators who voted for the gun bill to be voted out of office.
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1539710957424988162

The US supreme court has this morning expanded Americans' gun rights in a historic and controversial decision. It means residents of New York will no longer need to justify carrying a concealed gun outside their homes. A judgement that could impact many other states.
https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1540156431499857920

Of course, these Republican pollies opposed to gun reform are the same nutters who think it's normal to take Christmas snaps of their whole family holding automatic weapons.

Oh yeah, that's completely sane behaviour :stupid.

ps. Does Rubin still believe "Australia has fallen"?! 
     https://twitter.com/RubinReport/status/1445466806911524873
     :wallywink :lol
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2022, 03:54:25 PM »
Fmd those photos are confronting

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2022, 11:39:59 AM »
The law in the USA which came from the case "Roe-v- Wade" in the 1973 grave women the right to have an abortion without government interference Prior to that abortion was illegal in some states or was only legal with government approval

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade

Currently there is some other case going on in the US, which I know little about but depending on its outcome a leaked report suggest that "Roe-v- Wade" decision maybe revoked by the US Supreme Court.

That leaked report is what Bernie is so excited about

Well Bernie will be partying and has already posted on Socials his joy

The US Supreme Court has struck out Roe -v- Wade. Which means the States determine if abortion is legal.

Since the release of the decision about 10 hours ago. At least 14 States have banned abortion for any reason

The Ring Wing Stacked Supreme Court have voted 6 to 3 in favour of over turning. The same Supreme Court that has no problem with people concealing guns.

An incredibly sad day for women across the USA.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2022, 10:21:42 PM »
The yanks are stuffed in the head

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2022, 07:55:31 AM »
Sad day? You watch too much TV WP.

Is the USA the only country in the world that has such a law?  :shh

Italy and Germany have very strict rules so I don’t remember seeing much outrage at those 2.

All this will do is make girls zip over to another state for an abortion.

I’ve had a look at our abortion rules and I feel WA has the best rules in play as it strikes a nice balance. That said not sure anyone has a right to question what a girl does if she was raped or if the foetus has a condition.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2022, 11:53:13 AM »
The law in the USA which came from the case "Roe-v- Wade" in the 1973 grave women the right to have an abortion without government interference Prior to that abortion was illegal in some states or was only legal with government approval

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade

Currently there is some other case going on in the US, which I know little about but depending on its outcome a leaked report suggest that "Roe-v- Wade" decision maybe revoked by the US Supreme Court.

That leaked report is what Bernie is so excited about

Well Bernie will be partying and has already posted on Socials his joy

The US Supreme Court has struck out Roe -v- Wade. Which means the States determine if abortion is legal.

Since the release of the decision about 10 hours ago. At least 14 States have banned abortion for any reason

The Ring Wing Stacked Supreme Court have voted 6 to 3 in favour of over turning. The same Supreme Court that has no problem with people concealing guns.

An incredibly sad day for women across the USA.
Well that’s not Politically correct to mention “women” anymore WP.

The correct term now is “Birthing Parent”.  :rollin

Because apparently “they” they have previously told us that a “man” can have babies too.  :rollin

If you take time to read the reasons the Supreme Court ruling then you will find why each judge that ruled on their reasons they found no constitutional right to abortion under the US constitution. By reading each ruling you can clearly see the reasons for the decision including dissenting views in relation to the constitution.
They all give a summation of why they either concur or dissent.
As you read you can clearly see which make the best explanations in terms of upholding constitutional freedoms.

As you said, these decisions return to the states to decide which is the exact same thing we have in Australia.

The people elect candidates that they want to govern in their state and bring in laws that the people want.
If you don’t like the laws of that state you can leave or lobby to get your preferred candidate elected and rally with likeminded people to do the same.

It’s called democratic process and IMO no one does it better than the US.

Now that the Supreme Court has overruled Roe v Wade, the people have been given back sovereignty and can choose to vote in the place they live candidates that will bring laws that align with their own personal convictions.

Personally, as a Christian I am against abortion. When I vote in this country I choose which candidates best aligns with all my personal opinions in my electorate. I think you would do the same when choosing your preferred candidate.
It’s the best form of democracy the people decide on laws which suit the majority in that state.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2022, 03:47:33 PM »
 :snidegrin :snidegrin :snidegrin :snidegrin :snidegrin
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Birthing parent  :lol :lol :lol

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2022, 11:42:16 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CfgNQFSFLpA/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

stuffin loser. if that scrag/IT or whatever it is threw coffee at me she/he would cop a punch

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2022, 12:20:48 PM »
Below is a snap shot on the Abortion laws in WA. Seems like every state does what it wants here?

Women who seek an abortion after 20 weeks must face an “ethics panel” consisting of six medical practitioners, two of whom must agree that either the mother or fetus has a severe medical condition that justifies the procedure.

This has led to women being forced to travel interstate to have the procedure carried out safely.

So one would presume there were people protesting here about rights last week/year/last decade?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2022, 10:05:16 AM »
The non-binary brigade are starting to chime in now  :help

It’s gonna be a free for all and there’s no stopping it.
It’s already going full throttle in US, Canada, Britain especially Scotland with “hate speech” codified.

Once the T’s and non-G’s in this country start realising that they have more than just the sjw’s and those looking to gain traction by virtue signalling every chance they get (ie. Whateley, anyone from the project), they will be the loudest voices in the country.

I always find it funny how equality is now called equity and means equal outcome but only for the professions that are sexy.

Let’s see if bricky’s will ever have to deal with issues of equity in their industry. Maybe all of the blokes start identifying as women and then men will be the oppressed   :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2022, 06:29:24 PM »
Seriously don't get the obsession with this stuff. Outside this thread and the 'noise' from the usual reactionaries in the public arena, I don't see or hear it in any of the circles I move in. Then again I don't follow and believe everything the Murdoch media, shockjock radio and social/religious political conservatives say is happening :shh.

Thankfully in Australia, Murdoch is losing his influence and we are becoming majority non-religious :thumbsup. Morrison was a close shave. So when in government he told the public to trust him and supported the UN but now he's been thrown out we're not to trust any government nor support the UN :facepalm :lol. What a fraud and religious fringe nutter! Good riddance!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 06:52:38 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2022, 07:52:40 PM »
I get it at work lol.

Get this.

We have an organisational guideline on what information we should include in our email signature. So I have my job title and department etc, contact number.

Anyway one of the things we 'should have' is our gender pronouns and we have the option of that rainbow for that big extended gay group etc etc.

Needless to say I don't bother with any of the political statement rubbish and just stick to my contact details etc. Work is work ffs not a platform for ideologies and I don't want to be told to express myself in that way.