Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96302 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #375 on: August 13, 2023, 06:44:57 PM »
Highly rated duo won't pursue Tigers job, ex-skipper on shortlist

By Callum Twomey
afl.com.au
13 August 2023

HIGHLY rated assistants Jaymie Graham and Troy Chaplin will not pursue the Richmond coaching vacancy as the Tigers continue the next steps of their process.

AFL.com.au revealed on Saturday that one of the major contenders for the job, Port Adelaide assistant Josh Carr, had withdrawn from the Richmond process and will remain at Alberton Oval.

The Tigers' process has seen those interested in the role apply for the position, a different approach than some of the other recent coach searches undertaken by clubs, with Richmond shortlisting a handful of leading candidates last week.

Stand-in coach Andrew McQualter confirmed during his media conference on Saturday he was among them, while Hawthorn assistant coach and former Richmond captain Chris Newman is also in that group.

Fremantle assistant Graham was one of the final candidates for the Collingwood vacancy won by Craig McRae in 2021, but has not applied and taken part in the Richmond process.

The former West Coast big man has been an experienced assistant coach, having started in development with St Kilda in 2012 before re-joining the Eagles as a member of their coaching panel and then crossing to the Dockers.

Graham is considered a future senior coach and has been steering the Dockers' forward line, working with young forward pair Jye Amiss and Josh Treacy.

Melbourne assistant Chaplin was named the AFL Coaches Association assistant coach of the year in 2022, with the former Port Adelaide and Richmond defender considered a coach on the rise.

The Demons' backline coach was in control of the defence during the club's breakthrough premiership season in 2021 but is not going through the Tigers' coaching process as they seek a replacement for Damien Hardwick.

Experience in coaching a team previously at a high level, as Carr had done with North Adelaide in the SANFL, is expected to be a factor in the Tigers' search.

Newman (who has coached Box Hill), Essendon's Daniel Giansiracusa and Carlton's Ash Hansen (who both coached Footscray VFL) and Collingwood's Hayden Skipworth (who coached Essendon's VFL side) are among the candidates with that experience, with McQualter and current Suns interim coach Steven King also having that area ticked off with their AFL stints in the second half of this season.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1008513/highly-rated-duo-won-t-pursue-tigers-job-ex-skipper-on-shortlist

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #376 on: August 13, 2023, 06:49:28 PM »
I got no issues with Gale or Balme there top administrators. But don't come and tell me standards haven't dropped in our football department since our success bigtime.

Conditioning and fitness department a mess.
Recruiting and drafting selling the farm for Hooper, an example
Development has regressed bigtime see Cumberland, Sonsie and Rioli.
Staff who have left have not been replaced with the same quality.

All I can say in 2017 when we invested in our football department it had a big outcomes.
As for Mini your kidding me his Dimma clone loyal to senior players the kids take the rapt  , failing to get us to play 4 quarters of footy , lack of intensity and tactics let Bont run the show last week.

I am not disputing standards have drooped you just need to watch training to see that.

But those soft cap cuts have cruelled us. So much coin tied up in one person has cost us the last 2 years.

Not having the courage to appoint a sole captain has cost us more than some realise

Tough calls need to be made on certain players and I've got no doubt that now the season is officially shot we will see that, probably next week.

The best person will get the job. I just hope that whoever it is people give fair go. Sadly I reckon if it's McQualter that won't happen.

And just to be clear I'm not saying he is all I'm saying if he's determined to best the best bloke to take us forward then he should be supported

So the standards have dropped but you back the club in to make the right decision?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #377 on: August 13, 2023, 06:54:32 PM »

So the standards have dropped but you back the club in to make the right decision?

Yep, you don't? I have faith in the people on the panel

first time in 14 odd years we've needed to appoint a new coach.

New coach will IMV will immediately lift standards.

I'm backing the Club in on this appointment

This has been a wasted season.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #378 on: August 13, 2023, 06:59:20 PM »

Yep, you don't? I have faith in the people on the panel

first time in 14 odd years we've needed to appoint a new coach.

New coach will IMV will immediately lift standards.

I'm backing the Club in on this appointment

This has been a wasted season.

I do back them in but maybe only because I don’t have a choice. For me it’s all about the list decision, that will be the true sign of moving in the right direction

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #379 on: August 13, 2023, 07:17:15 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv3_XvfA3ky/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

:lol

I'd love to know what a sinking ship feels like then Lynchy if this is a steadied one.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #380 on: August 13, 2023, 07:20:56 PM »
It will be interesting, we need a strong development coach and the recruiting of some diamonds in the rough for the new coach to mould
A few leaders at the club with  football player  backgrounds I would back to get it right with our new coach
Might be some More pain coming in the next couple of years if I’m not mistaken

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #381 on: August 13, 2023, 07:29:00 PM »
Mini might be doing an amazing job, but can he reshape our game to a level which can compete.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #382 on: August 13, 2023, 07:35:35 PM »
Who said this wasn't a list around 12th spot? You, Dimma and where is he now?

Gone.

Anyone who thought this was a premiership list when we selected those blokes (esp Hopper)  is living in La la land.

We got reamed to the point I don't even think GWS put any lube on the deal. Hopper was MIA last year for the giants as well, yet knowing this we still coughed up a top 10 pick on a declining list.

That selection is the same stupidity that hawks tried with winguard, Mitchell, vickery and has set them back. It may be 8-10 years between  finals appearances for them, and a lot of that is as a result of making stupid decisions.

There’s a big difference between winning the premiership and finishing 12th, specifically 11 spots. Given we finished 7th (I think) last season, I don’t blame them for thinking we would do better adding in TT and Hopper. The lynch injury absolutely killed our season which in its own right is an indictment on the club that we rely so heavily on 1 player

Anyway as someone else mentioned, you can’t make an informed judgement on a 7 year deal on the results of 1 season.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #383 on: August 13, 2023, 08:18:03 PM »

Gone.

Anyone who thought this was a premiership list when we selected those blokes (esp Hopper)  is living in La la land.

We got reamed to the point I don't even think GWS put any lube on the deal. Hopper was MIA last year for the giants as well, yet knowing this we still coughed up a top 10 pick on a declining list.

That selection is the same stupidity that hawks tried with winguard, Mitchell, vickery and has set them back. It may be 8-10 years between  finals appearances for them, and a lot of that is as a result of making stupid decisions.

There’s a big difference between winning the premiership and finishing 12th, specifically 11 spots. Given we finished 7th (I think) last season, I don’t blame them for thinking we would do better adding in TT and Hopper. The lynch injury absolutely killed our season which in its own right is an indictment on the club that we rely so heavily on 1 player

Anyway as someone else mentioned, you can’t make an informed judgement on a 7 year deal on the results of 1 season.

I do. we finished 7th and lost in an elimination final with an ageing list. Dusty wasnt the same player either. It was absolutely stupid to think we could go around again, and that level of stupidity is playing out before our eyes. Dual captains, Dimma leaving a sinking ship, caretaker coach doing a great job at staring at walls. We are bereft of serious talent at the moment and our decision making has been woeful.

Hopper was selected for a tilt at another flag. That aint happening and so is it still a good deal with the way we are now 12 months on. I dont think so and i wonder how many here would take that pick back if they are being serious.

yet knowing all this some people still thought HH would be a good get at the age 28 next year. A dumb decision like that would set us back again

This year will be our best finish in the next 3 seasons min. A long road can be longer if we keep going down that road.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #384 on: August 13, 2023, 08:32:37 PM »
I got no issues with Gale or Balme there top administrators. But don't come and tell me standards haven't dropped in our football department since our success bigtime.

Conditioning and fitness department a mess.
Recruiting and drafting selling the farm for Hooper, an example
Development has regressed bigtime see Cumberland, Sonsie and Rioli.
Staff who have left have not been replaced with the same quality.

All I can say in 2017 when we invested in our football department it had a big outcomes.
As for Mini your kidding me his Dimma clone loyal to senior players the kids take the rapt  , failing to get us to play 4 quarters of footy , lack of intensity and tactics let Bont run the show last week.

I am not disputing standards have drooped you just need to watch training to see that.

But those soft cap cuts have cruelled us. So much coin tied up in one person has cost us the last 2 years.

Not having the courage to appoint a sole captain has cost us more than some realise

Tough calls need to be made on certain players and I've got no doubt that now the season is officially shot we will see that, probably next week.

The best person will get the job. I just hope that whoever it is people give fair go. Sadly I reckon if it's McQualter that won't happen.

And just to be clear I'm not saying he is all I'm saying if he's determined to best the best bloke to take us forward then he should be supported

What have you seen in training mate that's a tell sign ?.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #385 on: August 13, 2023, 08:34:03 PM »

I do back them in but maybe only because I don’t have a choice. For me it’s all about the list decision, that will be the true sign of moving in the right direction

Fair call but I think you are giving a coach any coach for that matter far ar too much credit and or input into overall list management decision.  The coach is one voice

But certainly get your point

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #386 on: August 13, 2023, 08:39:25 PM »

What have you seen in training mate that's a tell sign ?.

Doing drills, not nailing them and letting it go rather than calling them back and making them do it again until they got it right. Little things escalate into big things

Back in 2017 through to 2019 (and I assume 2020) this didn't happen.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #387 on: August 13, 2023, 09:20:02 PM »
last dynastys

lethal - tough
dimma- tough
clarko - tough
sheeds- tough

mini weak as pee based on what we have seen and in his playing career. His last 2 weeks of decisions has been amateur hour. Staring at space on the bench was about as bad as ive seen someone who apparently wants the job.

PASS - find someone else RFC

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #388 on: August 13, 2023, 09:39:50 PM »

Gone.

I do. we finished 7th and lost in an elimination final with an ageing list. Dusty wasnt the same player either. It was absolutely stupid to think we could go around again, and that level of stupidity is playing out before our eyes. Dual captains, Dimma leaving a sinking ship, caretaker coach doing a great job at staring at walls. We are bereft of serious talent at the moment and our decision making has been woeful.

Hopper was selected for a tilt at another flag. That aint happening and so is it still a good deal with the way we are now 12 months on. I dont think so and i wonder how many here would take that pick back if they are being serious.

yet knowing all this some people still thought HH would be a good get at the age 28 next year. A dumb decision like that would set us back again

This year will be our best finish in the next 3 seasons min. A long road can be longer if we keep going down that road.

So if hopper comes out next season and is All Australian and wins our best and fairest, is it still a failure? How about if whoever gws use the hopper pick on, ends up playing 10 games in 4 years and is then delisted? There is still way too many variables at play imo to consider it a success or a failure, same thing applies to TT.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #389 on: August 13, 2023, 09:54:56 PM »

If he coaches like he has the last two weeks he'll deserve every bit of the criticism that comes hid way and then some,. Not to mention the idiotic team selections - as will the club for the appointment because like us they saw the evidence beforehand. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.