Author Topic: Socceroos / Matildas / World Cup / Asian Cup  (Read 156384 times)

dwaino

Re: Socceroos / World Cup / Asian Cup
« Reply #1305 on: June 19, 2018, 06:39:13 AM »
Lol England couldn’t have left it any later.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1306 on: June 19, 2018, 06:55:41 AM »
The Poms almost blew that. Lucky they have Kane and are good from corners. So many chances especially in the first 25 fluffed because of fresh airies and balls getting trapped under feet. It should have been 3-0 early on and game over. Then Walker has a brain fade to gift Tunisia the equaliser from their only shot on goal all game :lol. The second half was a bit of a grind. Tunisia went into under siege mode but England couldn't break them down to score until that 90 min corner.

In the other games, Belgium ripped Panama to shreds in the 2nd half. Lukaku, Hazard, De Bruyne and Mertens had a field day. 3 fantastic goals too. And Sweden beat a terrible South Korea (especially in the first half). Like England, Sweden couldn't finish all the chances they created and they should have won by more than 1-0.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1307 on: June 19, 2018, 09:14:19 AM »
Spewing I have to go to work, reckon Germany v Mexico will be another ripper.
First half was as good a game as you'll see this tournament. End to end stuff. Mexico are QUICK, remind me of another team that are fast up front  :cheers

Surely Reus gets a start next game. Only checked some highlights but Ozil and Gomez were in cruise control.
I don't think you can not start Ozil - almost a once in a generation type player. But yep, get the Dortmund dangerman on!

dwaino

« Reply #1308 on: June 19, 2018, 10:19:00 AM »
Belgium have some serious firepower and my man Batshuayi didn’t even get on. Group G looks pretty uninteresting now. Other groups have had some interesting results I reckon. Keen to see how Poland go, I liked the look of them in the Euros.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1309 on: June 20, 2018, 12:18:05 AM »
日本侍! :clapping
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1310 on: June 20, 2018, 02:09:13 AM »
日本侍! :clapping
At least the Colombian player, who was the second quickest in WC history to be red carded, gave away the penalty in doing so, and left his team to play with 10 men for 85 minutes, knows back home won't overreact after a loss in a World Cup  :P.

Senegal 1-0 up on Poland early in the second half. Group H is now looking wide open.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1311 on: June 20, 2018, 02:27:58 AM »
2 up now...
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

dwaino

« Reply #1312 on: June 20, 2018, 06:44:31 AM »
Group H probably the most even to begin with. With those results reckon it will go down to the wire.

How nice for the host country to get a cruisey group  :P

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1313 on: June 20, 2018, 12:44:54 PM »
Reckon the draw of the WC is rigged like the Champions League?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1314 on: June 20, 2018, 03:43:52 PM »
Reckon the draw of the WC is rigged like the Champions League?
Of course it's rigged. It's FIFA!  :lol

FIFA wants the host nation to reach the knockout stage to keep local interest up. So they give them top seed in Group A which means they avoid the top ranked nations.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1315 on: June 20, 2018, 03:45:13 PM »
 :thumbsup
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1316 on: June 21, 2018, 01:54:14 PM »
Egypt, Saudis & Morocco are out. The Moroccans are the most stiff to go out as they more than matched the Portuguese last night but if you can't put the ball in the back of the net then you're not going to win any games.

Now onto the Socceroos vs Denmark tonight  :thumbsup.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1317 on: June 21, 2018, 03:04:25 PM »
Can't wait. Hopefully get some good chances on goal tonight. Old man Timmy off the bench maybe, I haven't seen him play in a while. Maybe there's a reason for that but idk :shh

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1318 on: June 21, 2018, 04:40:05 PM »
The latest mail is the same starting 11 against France will start tonight. If we find we are getting a few crosses and free kicks into the box and it becomes an aerial battle then Timmy will be subbed on. 

Hopefully, it's hot too as that should favour us as all our boys have once played in the A-league in mid-summer at one time or another compared to the Danes coming from a cold climate.

dwaino

« Reply #1319 on: June 21, 2018, 05:34:01 PM »
Our set up against France was to defend and cut off the supply to their front three. Even Nabbout was critical in wearing Kante. We broke through in the second half but just didn’t have the class to score. Reckon it’s exactly the same plan. Suffocate Erikson until we know we have the ascendency then go for the kill.