Author Topic: Official R12 team vs Giants  (Read 2086 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Official R12 team vs Giants
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2023, 08:40:00 AM »
Supporters don’t run the club

Opinions are like hole, everyone has one but unless you are a decision maker yours is like gas in the wind
True but ultimately the decision makers will be judged by results. 2016 being the obvious example which lead to a cleanout of the assistant coaches due to them running out of ideas.

While we have no say, that doesn't stop people questioning and starting to lose faith in various aspects within the football dept. such as fitness and conditioning, recruiting and list management, and match committee decisions. Standards have dropped and there's a 2016-like malaise to this year. It won't come from us supporters because we have no input as you say Chucky, but the Club needs a kick up the pants. A refresh shouldn't be just limited to a new senior coach.

To answer your question about what we were expecting from team selection, I'd guess for most people it was seeing some new ideas and experimentation under a caretaker coach because pretty much picking the same team every week isn't working anyway especially up forward. 
    Very good post. One additional point is if supporters lose faith they don't buy memberships and don't turn up to games which means less money for the club and makes the club less attractive for sponsors.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2023, 09:40:44 AM »
I’m not sure what you guys expect

Teams are always going to pick what they see as best available

When you have won 3 games in total obviously personal has alot to do with it we just keep going with the same personal and hoping for a different results it aren't happening this year should be all about the future getting games in our kids. Like Mightytiges said standards have dropped bigtime all over the footy department.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2023, 11:58:30 AM »
Fully agree with the general sentiment that our selections are boring af at the moment.

Why not give Banks a go on the wing? I’d be happy to watch us lose if we are playing kids.

Our picks in the MSD were also uninspiring.

Key word: boring!

Bloody hell I’m sounding like Claw… :lol
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 03:56:39 PM by Willy »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2023, 03:42:09 PM »
Going by this pic, Banks and Miller trained with the seniors in the Captain's run today:

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1664858542711472128

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2023, 08:43:10 PM »
Fully agree with the general sentiment that our selections are boring af at the moment.

Why not give Banks a go on the wing? I’d be happy to watch us lose if we are playing kids.

Our picks in the MSD were also uninspiring.

Key word: boring!

Bloody hell I’m sounding like Claw… :lol

Slap yourself Willy.
Now!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2023, 10:45:13 PM »
Going by this pic, Banks and Miller trained with the seniors in the Captain's run today:

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1664858542711472128

The emergencies always do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2023, 09:43:46 AM »
Cumberland or Dow will be the sub. Both not playing in the VFL.