Author Topic: AFLW R2: Richmond vs Adelaide @ Princes Park, Fri. Sept. 8  (Read 5264 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: AFLW R2: Richmond vs Adelaide @ Princes Park, Fri. Sept. 8
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2023, 08:20:00 PM »
Is that her new role now? I figured she’s a better accumulator than a forward

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2023, 08:21:05 PM »
Richmond fall to first loss of season

By Gemma Bastiani
AFL Media
8 September 2023

RICHMOND                 2.0    2.0    2.0   2.0 (12)
ADELAIDE                   1.1    3.1    5.2   6.5 (41)

GOALS   
Richmond: Conti, Kelly,   
Adelaide: Gould 3, Martin, Ponter, Jones

BEST   
Richmond: Conti, Seymour, Sheerin, Dempsey
Adelaide: Ponter, Marinoff, Allen, Gould, Biddell

INJURIES   
Richmond: Nil
Adelaide: Nil

Crowd: 1,083 at Ikon Park

------------------------------------------------

Richmond AFLW fell to their first loss of the season on Friday night at Ikon Park as Adelaide ran away to a 29-point win.

Celebrating their captain Chelsea Randall's milestone 50th game, the Crows kicked away to win 6.5 (41) to 2.0 (12) at Ikon Park, punctuated by a stunning Danielle Ponter goal from the centre circle in the second quarter.

In wintery Melbourne conditions, both sides adapted well, willing the ball forward and trying to use space where possible, but also accepting that clean, uncontested footy was not going to be forthcoming. 

But after the first break it was all Adelaide, keeping the Tigers scoreless for the final three quarters and piling on 34 points of its own.

The experience of the Crows just proved too much for the Tigers. Trapping the ball in attack for much of the third quarter the visitors really tested Richmond's defence, ultimately registering 44 inside 50s to the Tigers' 20.

Young Adelaide defender Kiera Mueller played handy roles on Katie Brennan and Caitlin Greiser for much of the night, keeping the Tigers captain goalless from seven disposals after a big game last week, while Zoe Prowse (11 disposals, three marks, nine intercepts) held strong as a key back for the Crows in the absence of Sarah Allan.

For the Tigers, Monique Conti's slick movement around the contest was immediately on show early as she gathered eight disposals and five clearances in the first quarter to finish with 29 disposals, nine clearances and 406 metres gained in a commanding performance in the middle.

She was assisted around the footy by ruck Gabby Seymour, who worked tirelessly to register 20 hit-outs and 16 disposals.

Up next
Richmond will lick its wounds before travelling to Blacktown International Sportspark to face the Giants on Saturday

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1426021/richmond-fall-to-first-loss-of-season

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2023, 08:52:40 PM »
Well that was embarrassing  :banghead

Think we stuffed up at selection. Considering the weather forecast we were far too top heavy. At vwrious times we had Greiser, Darcy, King lumped in the forward 50, none are quick and King and to lesser extent Darcy are not good below their knees. Greiser needs to lead more. Picture playing Nank, Soldo and Ryan in the F50 all together and you'll get the picture

Yassir was disappointing. Her role is to be at the foot of pack's when the forwards bring it to ground and to pressure so the opposition doesn't get easy clearances. Adelaide started alto of their transitions attacks through her tonight. It was left to Sarah Hosking to do that and she did it well

Just a really disappointing night. All the good from last week's win is basically null and void after tonight  :thumbsdown

But at least I had a nice chat to Tom Lynch  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2023, 08:53:28 PM »
Is that her new role now? I figured she’s a better accumulator than a forward

I think it has alot to do with her coming back from a nasty hamstring tendon injury

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2023, 10:03:13 PM »
Terrible performance. I totally agree with WP that we went in way too tall. No point playing poppy Kelly in this weather.

But the worst of it is that almost all the girls had a touch of the Poppy Kelly’s tonight couldn’t mark, kick or handball effectively all game.

Unlike the crows we were fumbly and couldn’t take a mark to save a life. Whilst the crows girls adapted well to the conditions and worked hard to spread and create options for an easy pass.
They kept it simple by marking on the chest nearly every time and taught us a lesson.

Big loss losing Mackenzie.

Conti is the best in the league by a mile.
Seymour battled hard all game and Dempsey was consistent all game as was Sheerin.

Our defence had a terrible night.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2023, 10:37:24 PM »
The G-Train needs to renamed the P-Train. A pathetic decision to recruit her. Worse decision than the Hopper one.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2023, 09:50:07 AM »

LOL

It’s a joke

I didn’t watch a minute , but serious question

How many fat ones do Adelaide have ?

I’ll excuse skills , but being fat on a football field at the so called elite level is a joke

I don’t understand how they expect the supporters to take things seriously when some of the players clearly don’t

Really unfair on players like Conti who clearly have a lot of ability and an amazing attitude

Before I answer Damo

I have a serious question not taking a pot shot

What do you base your "fat ones" comment on? A players body shape? Their lack of speed? What exactly?

As players' weights (rightly IMHO) don't get listed for the AFLW due to the vile comments made on social media back in season 1. Thet were horrific.

So I'm interested to know how one decides what determines a "fat one"

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2023, 10:45:26 AM »

LOL

It’s a joke

I didn’t watch a minute , but serious question

How many fat ones do Adelaide have ?

I’ll excuse skills , but being fat on a football field at the so called elite level is a joke

I don’t understand how they expect the supporters to take things seriously when some of the players clearly don’t

Really unfair on players like Conti who clearly have a lot of ability and an amazing attitude

Before I answer Damo

I have a serious question not taking a pot shot

What do you base your "fat ones" comment on? A players body shape? Their lack of speed? What exactly?

As players' weights (rightly IMHO) don't get listed for the AFLW due to the vile comments made on social media back in season 1. Thet were horrific.

So I'm interested to know how one decides what determines a "fat one"

We have players that literally have tummies like mine
Fat

I’m talking genuinely unfit

As for vile horrific comments.. used to happen in AFL

There is a reason it doesn’t anymore , the players aren’t fat

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2023, 12:41:07 PM »
Geez imagine if a spectator released a pig onto the field to mock an overweight AFLW player.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2023, 02:21:01 PM »

Fat

Not sure you answered my question. But I'll take your comment to mean body shape. And as aside I have no idea which players you're talking about TBH

So to answer your question there were a couple of Adelaide players who would probably fall under your category of "fat ones"

As for the competition being elite. It isn't a truly elite competition as the players are only semi professional. The majority still work so unlike the men they do not spend full days training getting in the conditioning

But one of the supposedly best players in the comp is a solid body shape but very fit. I'd be interested to know how you'd classify her

As for the vile comments in the AFL I don't ever recall a male player due to their size being called a "fat useless (insert c word here) who couldn't score a root with a dog" or being called a lazy lard arse because of their size. And those 2 were mild

There a some blokes running around in the AFL at the moment who don't look like a picture of fitness but we don't hear a word

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2023, 02:27:42 PM »

Fat

Not sure you answered my question. But I'll take your comment to mean body shape. And as aside I have no idea which players you're talking about TBH

So to answer your question there were a couple of Adelaide players who would probably fall under your category of "fat ones"

As for the competition being elite. It isn't a truly elite competition as the players are only semi professional. The majority still work so unlike the men they do not spend full days training getting in the conditioning

But one of the supposedly best players in the comp is a solid body shape but very fit. I'd be interested to know how you'd classify her

As for the vile comments in the AFL I don't ever recall a male player due to their size being called a "fat useless (insert c word here) who couldn't score a root with a dog" or being called a lazy lard arse because of their size. And those 2 were mild

There a some blokes running around in the AFL at the moment who don't look like a picture of fitness but we don't hear a word

WP - which elite player is “solid” ?

And - who are the fat AFL players

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2023, 02:38:07 PM »

WP - which elite player is “solid” ?

And - who are the fat AFL players

Not sure I explained myself too well there

Good example of solid is Maddie Prespakis from Essendon who has won the AFLW's equivalent to the Brownlow. She is an elite player. But i think some would suggest she is "solid". As I posted before I'd be curious to know how you'd describe her?

I never said any AFL players were fat. I said there are some who don't look like a picture of fitness

Gotta say in his last 2 seasons Buddy Franklin didn't look incredibly fit, maybe it's those tight fitting guernseys these days  ;D

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2023, 02:47:01 PM »
Gee it's a tough watch this AFLW.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2023, 03:16:39 PM »
Rubbish

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2023, 03:37:57 PM »

Fat

We just delisted a bloke for being too fat...same bloke I called out for it ...and there's also been a fair bit of commentary around MRJ's weight ...if women want to play a man's sport and be paid for it they should learn to cop the same shyte male players have since day one...can't have it both ways and  be all "they're just as tough as the blokes" one minute and "ooh don't dare criticise to poor delicate little females they might cry or develop an eating disorder" the next......  ::)
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.