Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 29342 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2024, 10:28:20 PM »
This draft is stacked with deep top 10 talent. I really hope something like this is explored. We can't get into top 10 picks unless we give up something significant. I wouldn't play around with future 1st round. That has to be kept for age breadth of the rebuild.

I see a pretty fair, win, win, win trade with that. WCE get their play and stay in first round. I doubt their WA draft boy is worth pick 3 so they'll get him at Pick 10. GC don't need kids they need finals next year. rioli helps and fills a huge need for them with no decent running half back. We want picks in top 10.

Think the only risk to this would be whether Rioli really does want to go to GC.

Get it done tiges
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2024, 11:45:22 PM »
Rumour going round Elijah Tsatas may request a trade to Richmond come seasons end

https://x.com/RichmondFCSZN/status/1816002643497832470

------------------------

COULD A TOP FIVE DRAFT PICK BE SQUEEZED OUT AT TULLAMARINE?

After less than a dozen games at the top level since his drafting two years ago, young midfielder Elijah Tsatas could be probed into looking elsewhere for opportunity.

Tsatas, who was taken with Essendon’s Pick 5 in the 2022 Draft, has played seven games so far this year, however, five of them have been as the sub.

Additionally, only three games this season has the 19-year-old played more than 40 per cent game time (and four more than 20 per cent) – meaning the writing could already be on the wall given the impact of the likes of Sam Durham and Jye Caldwell in the engine room lately.

“He’s played 11 games over the last two years … how is he going to come in? Is Essendon a great fit for him at the moment? I don’t think it is,” Herald Sun journalist Jay Clark said on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle.

“Caldwell has gone through the roof, Sam Durham (has) become an A-grade midfielder himself, Hobbs still to come in, Parish, Merrett – I don’t think they need Tsatas anymore.”

“That’s a huge story for me - a number five draft pick, it was him or (Mattaes) Phillipou at the draft … to punt him after two, three years I think that would be a massive decision,” fellow Herald Sun journalist Sam Landsberger added.

With plenty of attributes that catch the eye of rival clubs, one team in particular took the fancy of Clark as a suitor.

“Keep an eye on Richmond here; if Richmond lose Daniel Rioli … I just wonder whether Richmond could be interested.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/fears-over-mids-future-as-saints-eye-bomber-again-pick-5-to-be-squeezed-out-trade-whispers/news-story/fe6f988a5b6275db7dbe47feb08c7d57
« Last Edit: July 25, 2024, 12:05:04 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2024, 12:00:24 AM »
GETTABLE: Why Tigers should hunt six first-rounders

“If I’m Freo, I’m offering Richmond picks 6, 12 and 15 for Shai Bolton and Liam Baker and saying ‘Here you go, do you want these picks?’”

How should Richmond approach its off-season?

https://x.com/gettable_afl/status/1816041229005590699
https://www.afl.com.au/video/1179314/gettable-why-tigers-should-hunt-six-first-rounders-swan-talks-parked-blues-on-hold

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2024, 12:02:20 AM »
Great idea. Just ask clarko
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2024, 08:16:51 AM »
If Bolton is going I don't know if that's enough but it's a start. Those picks will end up around 8, 15 and 20 odd.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2024, 08:24:01 AM »
Bolts is contracted , why exchange  an A grader for a couple of kids that may be duds , yer nah.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2024, 08:51:34 AM »
Bolts is contracted , why exchange  an A grader for a couple of kids that may be duds , yer nah.

He’s certainly perceived as an A grader but I’m not so sure. In a weak side his weaknesses are really exposed. His finishing around goals has been deplorable. Even his field kicking has been pretty poor. Continuously has brain fades, gives away bad frees. I think a challenging team would love to have him though. Would trade him in a heart beat. With baker for those 3 picks ? Might be a little under but probably worth it imo. Allows us to get 2 quality mids and also pick up Harry Armstrong, a promising key forward

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2024, 01:32:28 PM »

Poor discipline. Goes missing. Don't see any leadership qualities. Flip a coin - he's either high impact or diddly squat.

Also represents out best trade currency given people love his highlights, his age demographic, being a premiership player + contracted.

At this stage he won't play in our next flag team and any meaningful contributions on the field ultimately just hurt our rebuild in the long-run.

Good option for a contender wanting a good small forward who can go into the midfield.

The only thing I'd truly miss is his midfield breakaway speed!

He’s certainly perceived as an A grader but I’m not so sure. In a weak side his weaknesses are really exposed. His finishing around goals has been deplorable. Even his field kicking has been pretty poor. Continuously has brain fades, gives away bad frees. I think a challenging team would love to have him though. Would trade him in a heart beat. With baker for those 3 picks ? Might be a little under but probably worth it imo. Allows us to get 2 quality mids and also pick up Harry Armstrong, a promising key forward

On the money as always Simon!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2024, 02:56:42 PM »
If we're offering up both Bolton & Baker to Freo then I'd want next year's first as well as those three picks which on their own is effectively less than what we gave up for Taranto & Hopper....rather just offer them to West Coast for Reid instead.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: July 25, 2024, 05:05:12 PM »
If we're offering up both Bolton & Baker to Freo then I'd want next year's first as well as those three picks which on their own is effectively less than what we gave up for Taranto & Hopper....rather just offer them to West Coast for Reid instead.... :shh

Spot on Dio.
Set’s us up nicely for free agency in 2027/28 and then having a real crack a couple of years after that
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #160 on: July 25, 2024, 05:43:35 PM »
Agree 100%

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2024, 05:01:38 PM »
Bolton will apparently pursue a trade to WA.

This trade just has to get done IMO.

Freo has Collingwods and Ports picks, currently 7th and 12th.

Take those two and run IMO.

Bolton won't be in our next premeriship team. He isnt as good as the media makes him out to be and certainly isnt a guy to build a team around.. he's a cream on the top player as I said 2 years ago. Trade him and load up on this draft. With Baker going too thats 4 picks under 20. Get it done

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2024, 06:45:15 PM »
4 picks under 20 is rubbish mate. I'd want 4 picks under 10.

If true that Bolton is leaving after being on a long term contract I'd be concerned what kind of culture is going on down there at the moment.

Baker I can accept as he is out of contact, but Bolton I can't unless he has had enough of the direction.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2024, 06:45:47 PM »
The idea of all these top 20 picks is making me think of the unbelievably successful 2004 draft.

AT is scared
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2024, 06:48:51 PM »
The idea of all these top 20 picks is making me think of the unbelievably successful 2004 draft.

AT is scared

Let's not forget the 2021 successful draft that has thus far delivered us sfa, with brown looking the best accompanied by a few duds.