Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 33666 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #180 on: July 31, 2024, 10:54:38 PM »

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-trade-news-rumours-whispers-geelong-melbourne-interest-in-jake-waterman-daniel-rioli-to-gold-coast-shai-bolton-to-fremantle/news-story/760dd53809f23476130a69b766f98289

not really a source, more of a dud source but this was written today.

why would he meet them if he is not interested? :shh

Report also says Dan Rioli wants out to get to the GC and Dimma

While as I said I'm not fussed about Shai going or staying I would be peeved if Dan Rioli goes. Club has done so much for him over the years.

Just my take but IMHO Club needs to make a stand on at least one of them and not trade. They are both contracted so the Club holds the aces here

100% agree on this. We can't be letting players just walk out of contracts. Dan is the one that would really annoy me more than Bolton who let's be honest is playing like he has checked out.

We also have MrJ to deal with and if Dan goes then chances are we lose MrJ as well pretty soon.

Wasn't there some silly rumour that we might get 3 1st rounder's for both Riolis?

If all 3 go we could end up with 7 1st round picks fmd.

Better off spreading them into 25 you'd think.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2024, 10:55:21 AM »

100% agree on this. We can't be letting players just walk out of contracts. Dan is the one that would really annoy me more than Bolton who let's be honest is playing like he has checked out.

We also have MrJ to deal with and if Dan goes then chances are we lose MrJ as well pretty soon.

Great point you make about MRJ Frankie

By media reports there is a contract extension there and when he got injured it was just about across the line. Now we are hearing crickets.

Both have said they want to play along side each other...so it's hard not to think that while these Dan rumours are swirling that MJ is waiting to see what happens

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2024, 11:30:22 AM »
I'm not sure MRJ is in much of a position to be doing anything but getting back in shape and showing more of the form that finally warranted him being near an AFL outfit
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2024, 12:17:37 PM »
There was a stat where you draft a Rioli you win a premiership. It might be that mrj breaks that streak

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2024, 12:32:02 PM »
I want absolutely maximum returns for our contracted players in Bolton + D Rioli, and if Baker + MRJ go I want good deals for them too.

F them all.

GCS can give us 6, 11 & 20 for both Riolis. I'd be asking for that as a starting point.

If Baker & Bolton are going west them I'm looking at all their R1 picks too. 3, 7, 12 & 16. They can find a way to make that work back to us.

With talent walking out the door I'm happy to pay some of the contracts of Bolton + D Rioli, especially while Freo contests for a flag with a heavy TPP, and we have lots of cheap draftees coming in + Dusty/Lynch finishing their contracts, so that we get better trade returns.

Go the draft with 1, 3, 6, 7, 11, 12, 16, 20, 21.

Trade 36, 39, 41, 54, 57, 63 + 68 for a higher pick too.

Or trade some picks for 2025 also. Should be getting 3-4 1st rounders this year and next at least.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2024, 03:10:57 PM »
Just watched that "Gettable" podcast on AFL.com

Few Tigers spoken about

In no particular order and what I can remember

Dan Rioli - GC keen, no trade request yet

Bolton - supposedly has said he wants to go. Freo has the picks but Tigers hold the aces

Baker - his manager is in Melb this week. Freo have better picks than WC so they are in the mix. But Baker hasn't made a decision but Twomey reckons he'll go (bob each way was Cal)

Graham - may go but discussions with Tigers should be starting. WC very interested as are a number of other Clubs but SA c,ubs not as interested this time

Prestia  - said 1 year deal likely

McIntosh - not contracted and they basically had no clue on what might happen there and just said Tigers have alot of senior blokes put of contract

Of the names of players from other clubs one that caught my eye was Ben Hobbs from the Bumbling Bombers has 1 year to go on his current deal but may be looking for other opportunities as not getting games.  I remember itvwas suggested we were going to take him (we took Gibcus instead).

Reckon he'd be worth a look, kid can play, fits our demographic...interested in others thoughts

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2024, 05:08:27 PM »
I don’t think all 3 of Rioli Bolton and baker leave, if I had to guess who’s most likely to stay I feel it’s Rioli. Only see 2 of them leaving though.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2024, 06:21:19 PM »
I want absolutely maximum returns for our contracted players in Bolton + D Rioli, and if Baker + MRJ go I want good deals for them too.

F them all.

GCS can give us 6, 11 & 20 for both Riolis. I'd be asking for that as a starting point.

If Baker & Bolton are going west them I'm looking at all their R1 picks too. 3, 7, 12 & 16. They can find a way to make that work back to us.

With talent walking out the door I'm happy to pay some of the contracts of Bolton + D Rioli, especially while Freo contests for a flag with a heavy TPP, and we have lots of cheap draftees coming in + Dusty/Lynch finishing their contracts, so that we get better trade returns.

Go the draft with 1, 3, 6, 7, 11, 12, 16, 20, 21.

Trade 36, 39, 41, 54, 57, 63 + 68 for a higher pick too.

Or trade some picks for 2025 also. Should be getting 3-4 1st rounders this year and next at least.

If we pay parts of their contracts we might get their earlier picks.

Lets face it, we're bottom WITH Baker, Bolton and Rioli, we can't sink any lower, lets smash the next two drafts. Lets blow the joint up.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2024, 09:31:27 PM »

Few Tigers spoken about

Bolton - supposedly has said he wants to go. Freo has the picks but Tigers hold the aces

Baker - his manager is in Melb this week. Freo have better picks than WC so they are in the mix. But Baker hasn't made a decision but Twomey reckons he'll go (bob each way was Cal)

Graham - may go but discussions with Tigers should be starting. WC very interested as are a number of other Clubs but SA c,ubs not as interested this time

McIntosh - not contracted and they basically had no clue on what might happen there and just said Tigers have alot of senior blokes put of contract

Of the names of players from other clubs one that caught my eye was Ben Hobbs from the Bumbling Bombers has 1 year to go on his current deal but may be looking for other opportunities as not getting games.  I remember itvwas suggested we were going to take him (we took Gibcus instead).

Reckon he'd be worth a look, kid can play, fits our demographic...interested in others thoughts

not a fan of Hobbs based on what i have seen.. Seems to struggle a lot with the pace of the game, which could be as a result of that joke of a club.

Could be worth a punt with a second rounder

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #189 on: August 01, 2024, 09:54:08 PM »
Some reckon we made enough of a hash of that draft as it is - thank stuff we didn't end up taking Hobbs over Gibcus...total bust.. poor man's Hopper...... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2024, 10:32:05 PM »

Few Tigers spoken about

not a fan of Hobbs based on what i have seen.. Seems to struggle a lot with the pace of the game, which could be as a result of that joke of a club.

Could be worth a punt with a second rounder

Also not interested myself.

Looks slow, hands only, suspect by foot. Really not getting enough ball for the hype he had in draft year.

Kinda glad because I was keen to have him at tigerland.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2024, 07:49:11 AM »

I would give any top 10 pick who’s less than 4 years in the system a go. They still have heaps of development which you may as well find out about.
Just make sure it’s a second or third rounder so the other option of drafting is just as speculative or worse.

It’s a balance of probability thing.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2024, 09:11:21 AM »
The most concerning thing about bringing in new young talent is our inability to develop them. By selling off ready made players, we're banking that these younger 18 year old players are going to flourish under our system, set training standards and become leaders of the next generation. I have not seen anything to suggest we have the right development team or the right tools in place for since we were contenders to get the most out of new recruits. Brown, Sonsie, Dow, Clarke, Banks, Smith, Green all have had patches of green shoots, but nothing thats going to lift us off the bottom 4 anytime soon.

If you trade out D Rioli, Bolton, Baker, etc, there goes a bunch of players who have/do set training standards, are proven players and have developed into quality players. We should be hanging into them tightly and if all go, at least be replacing one of these players with another ready made/developed player.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2024, 02:41:28 PM »
The most concerning thing about bringing in new young talent is our inability to develop them. By selling off ready made players, we're banking that these younger 18 year old players are going to flourish under our system, set training standards and become leaders of the next generation. I have not seen anything to suggest we have the right development team or the right tools in place for since we were contenders to get the most out of new recruits. Brown, Sonsie, Dow, Clarke, Banks, Smith, Green all have had patches of green shoots, but nothing thats going to lift us off the bottom 4 anytime soon.

If you trade out D Rioli, Bolton, Baker, etc, there goes a bunch of players who have/do set training standards, are proven players and have developed into quality players. We should be hanging into them tightly and if all go, at least be replacing one of these players with another ready made/developed player.

Na that was issue under Dimma.
This year we have seen alot of development under Yze
Morris is fantastic to and Lambert
I think Lonegeran needs to go.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024 pp
« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2024, 03:07:16 PM »
We must be watching different games as I have seen little development in many players.

Dow, Sonzie, Samson, Banks nothing. Clarke prior to Injury nothing.

Brown has shown promise.

There won't be enough pages in the sack yze thread if we start copping 100 point losses next year with a list full of kids and token players like Kosi and ryan.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.