Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 58062 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #600 on: October 01, 2024, 09:22:26 AM »
3, 13 + F1 for Bolton + Baker would probably need something going back IMO but I'd do it. They will still suck next year and their 1st would be very useful.

However they'd be foolish to trade either 3 or F1 at all.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #601 on: October 01, 2024, 04:41:22 PM »
3, 13 + F1 for Bolton + Baker would probably need something going back IMO but I'd do it. They will still suck next year and their 1st would be very useful.

However they'd be foolish to trade either 3 or F1 at all.

That would be mighty unwise of them to give up their top 3 picks across the next 2 drafts given where their list is at. You’d rip their arm off if they did offer it though.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #602 on: October 01, 2024, 06:28:28 PM »
Snip! Leave out the sniping and insults  >:(.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #603 on: October 02, 2024, 05:21:35 PM »
"James Peatling - He is a wanted man. Giants have upped the offer to 4-years. The Giants are hopeful this is done by the best and fairest tonight.

Adelaide, Collingwood, Richmond, St Kilda are all still keen. I don't know where he ends up, but the Giants are hopeful."

- Tom Morris on James Peatling.

https://x.com/traderadio/status/1841315188261429393

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #604 on: October 02, 2024, 06:02:36 PM »
Unless they share their name with a motorcycle, no trading in players....DFA's only if we must and just hit the draft until '26 at least....... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hart4Jack

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #605 on: October 02, 2024, 07:36:25 PM »
Unless they share their name with a motorcycle, no trading in players....DFA's only if we must and just hit the draft until '26 at least....... :shh

How about Tim Kawasaki, I've heard he goes ok  ;D

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #606 on: October 02, 2024, 09:51:16 PM »
Trade predictions:

Liam Baker
Personally think Pick 13 for Baker won't happen on its own. I would be blown away if Eagles entertain trading Pick 3. Absolute madness. Only reason would be that they are keen on homeboy Bo Allen who is a mid to late first rounder instead. So Trade Pick 3 for Pick 10 and Baker. So they get Allen and Baker for Pick 3. I can't see it happening.
Prediction:
Baker to WCE
Richmond In: Pick 13
Richmond Out: Baker and Pick 41 (originally recieved from West Coast)

Daniel Rioli
Gold Coast will give up whatever we ask, I think there is a limit and that will come down to what GC are keen on regarding points for Lombard. GC will happily go into next year with just Rioli and Lombard. They don't need any more developmental players. They may be hard to deal with if they need their picks to acquire other players. So we may end up doing Pick 6 and a future 1st rather than Pick 6 and 12, as they may choose to trade 12 for another player. I think with Daniel being contracted and us playing hard ball enough along with some pick steak knives. A few mention that GC don't need points for Lombard as they have heaps anyway. They do but they also have picks around the spot he will be bidded on, which is fine but to take advantage of it they should be trading those picks away for players and then picking up Lombard with an array of late picks as points. They'll trade Pick 6 and 12, just a matter if they choose to use it on another player, which I think would be unlikely as they won't risk on losing out on Rioli. Pick and 12 to come our way.
Prediction:
Rioli to GC
Richmond In: Pick 6, 12
Richmond Out: Rioli, Pick 57 and 66

Shai Bolton
I can actually see Shai staying and us stuffing up this trade. Freo doesn't give me much confidence. We will play hard ball for Picks 9 and 10. Freo will want something back which I would think Pick 47 would be what we'd be at most willing to offer to get the deal done. Anything higher, we say see ya later Freo. Which I'd then be looking at West Coast and see if they'd trade Pick 3 for Bolton and Pick 29. I'll go with Freo needing Bolton as they are in the window and are crying out for a Bolton type player.
Prediction:
Bolton to Freo
Richmond In: Pick 9 annd Pick 10
Richmond Out: Bolton, Pick 47
2024 Trade Predictions
In: Picks: 6, 9, 10, 12, 13
Out: Baker, Rioli, Baker, Picks: 41, 47, 57, 66

2024 Draft Hand
Picks: 1, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 21, 29, 39, 72

Pick 72 to be used for a PSD pick.
9 picks in total, 3 top 10s, 6 first rounders. Exceptional hand to begin the foundations of a next premiership side.
1, 6 and 9 to be used on the gun midfield class (Preference: Jagga Smith, Sam Lalor, Josh Smillie)
Pick 10-13 to be used on key position (Preference: Harry Armstrong, Luke Trainor, Jobe Shanahan)
Go Tigers!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #607 on: October 02, 2024, 10:18:30 PM »
Good summary , just add pick 22 or 40 for Graham

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #608 on: October 02, 2024, 10:19:44 PM »
Trade predictions:

Liam Baker
Personally think Pick 13 for Baker won't happen on its own. I would be blown away if Eagles entertain trading Pick 3. Absolute madness. Only reason would be that they are keen on homeboy Bo Allen who is a mid to late first rounder instead. So Trade Pick 3 for Pick 10 and Baker. So they get Allen and Baker for Pick 3. I can't see it happening.
Prediction:
Baker to WCE

Daniel Rioli
Gold Coast will give up whatever we ask, I think there is a limit and that will come down to what GC are keen on regarding points for Lombard. GC will happily go into next year with just Rioli and Lombard. They don't need any more developmental players. They may be hard to deal with if they need their picks to acquire other players. So we may end up doing Pick 6 and a future 1st rather than Pick 6 and 12, as they may choose to trade 12 for another player. I think with Daniel being contracted and us playing hard ball enough along with some pick steak knives. A few mention that GC don't need points for Lombard as they have heaps anyway. They do but they also have picks around the spot he will be bidded on, which is fine but to take advantage of it they should be trading those picks away for players and then picking up Lombard with an array of late picks as points. They'll trade Pick 6 and 12, just a matter if they choose to use it on another player, which I think would be unlikely as they won't risk on losing out on Rioli. Pick and 12 to come our way.
Prediction:
Rioli to GC

Shai Bolton
I can actually see Shai staying and us stuffing up this trade. Freo doesn't give me much confidence. We will play hard ball for Picks 9 and 10. Freo will want something back which I would think Pick 47 would be what we'd be at most willing to offer to get the deal done. Anything higher, we say see ya later Freo. Which I'd then be looking at West Coast and see if they'd trade Pick 3 for Bolton and Pick 29. I'll go with Freo needing Bolton as they are in the window and are crying out for a Bolton type player.
Prediction:
Bolton to Freo
2024 Trade Predictions

2024 Draft Hand

9 picks in total, 3 top 10s, 6 first rounders. Exceptional hand to begin the foundations of a next premiership side.
1, 6 and 9 to be used on the gun midfield class (Preference: Jagga Smith, Sam Lalor, Josh Smillie)
Pick 10-13 to be used on key position (Preference: Harry Armstrong, Luke Trainor, Jobe Shanahan)

So basically you think we'll either get nothing for Graham or keep him and we'll turn around and just give up all those late picks that we traded for in order to trade to teams with f/s & academy picks? :propeller

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #609 on: October 02, 2024, 10:33:44 PM »
Trade predictions:

Liam Baker
Prediction:
Baker to WCE

Daniel Rioli
Prediction:
Rioli to GC

Shai Bolton
Prediction:
Bolton to Freo
2024 Trade Predictions

2024 Draft Hand

So basically you think we'll either get nothing for Graham or keep him and we'll turn around just give up all those late picks that we traded for in order to bid on f/s & academy picks? :propeller

Maybe read the post more carefully, Graham is a free agent, the post was trade predictions.

Again..
If you read the post carefully you'll see I've counted those picks we acquired and traded them to GC for points they'll need for Lombard.

Blues won't give up a first rounder for Camporeale points, which is what wee be interested in. They are rated 2nd and 3rd rounders, which they'll have enough points for.

Lions on other hand need assistance and may exchange some picks. They'll need more points then we can offer. But dealing with GC anyway with Rioli we are likely to deal with them first and facilitating with 3 trades, Lions will have 16 other clubs offering them points deals during that time. Can see us just focussing on GC points.
Go Tigers!

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #610 on: October 02, 2024, 10:44:09 PM »
Adding on to the draft preferences. These boys would be the core of the rebuild

D: Trainor (18), Gibcus (20), Brown (20)
M: Smith (18), Smillie (18), Lalor (18), McAullife (19)
F: Armstrong (18), Shanahan (18), Clarke (20)

Chuck in your Balta (25), Sonsie (20), HRS (22), Campbell (19) and Picks 21, 29 and 39 and 2025 1st and 2nd pick.

Nail some rookies and free agents and the rebuild won't be a long multiple windows one, however the development of these boys might take a while. In particular the KP.
Go Tigers!

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #611 on: October 02, 2024, 10:47:29 PM »
Would take those in a heartbeat lol

I don’t think we should have to give anything back for baker or bolts because I feel 13 and 9 & 10 (with salary contributions) is fair, but if we’re only giving up picks in the 40s then so be it. Ditto for Rioli, I feel most are being very optimistic with what we will get for him, yesterdays BnF win notwithstanding, but will gladly be proven wrong as 6 & 12 with any of our picks in the 20s or higher going back is an absolute steal.

If we do get all those picks + the graham compo, do we just look to pretty much trade almost everything beyond pick 13 for picks next year? I mean 6 top15 picks + PSD + SSP + MSD, how many players can we actually add to our list for next season……?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #612 on: October 02, 2024, 10:51:30 PM »
Adding the late picks as sweeteners for player trades isn't the same thing and the obvious team to deal with in that regard is Brisbane and we have something the other 16 teams don't - both pick one and a shyte load of late picks. If we don't trade most of those picks to Brisbane before the draft or bid on Ashcroft on the night then we're fools.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #613 on: October 02, 2024, 10:52:01 PM »
Would take those in a heartbeat lol

I don’t think we should have to give anything back for baker or bolts because I feel 13 and 9 & 10 (with salary contributions) is fair, but if we’re only giving up picks in the 40s then so be it. Ditto for Rioli, I feel most are being very optimistic with what we will get for him, yesterdays BnF win notwithstanding, but will gladly be proven wrong as 6 & 12 with any of our picks in the 20s or higher going back is an absolute steal.

If we do get all those picks + the graham compo, do we just look to pretty much trade almost everything beyond pick 13 for picks next year? I mean 6 top15 picks + PSD + SSP + MSD, how many players can we actually add to our list for next season……?

Rioli deal is a steal but GC throw away picks. Dimma has even come out and said so. They gave Bowes and Pick 7 for a salary dump. We pay Rioli wage and Pick 6 and 12 come our way. We will give them some later picks for points.

Graham compo and other late picks I think will be traded for 2025 picks. Hard to move up the order with pick points as it sorta robs Peter to pay Paul. Easy to say hey Brissie here is a pick worth 500 points for Ashcroft. Give us your first rounder next year.
Go Tigers!

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #614 on: October 02, 2024, 10:54:38 PM »
Adding the late picks as sweeteners for player trades isn't the same thing and the obvious team to deal with in that regard is Brisbane and we have something the other 16 teams don't - both pick one and a shyte load of late picks. If we don't trade most of those picks to Brisbane before the draft or bid on Ashcroft on the night then we're fools.... :shh

For GC it is. No other clubs won't late picks except Lions maybe Carlton but I think they have enough points.

Anyway, as I said in previous post, if we deal.with Lions I think a 2025 first rounder for a collection of picks is best way to go. They can't afford to swap 2024 picks as they need all the points they can get for this year.
Go Tigers!