Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 78380 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Matty White [merged]
« Reply #525 on: March 31, 2014, 01:38:12 AM »
Correct. It's also the quality of your youth. Who have Port got coming through after Schulz? Bloke is 29 in a couple of weeks and one of the absolute key cogs in their team.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #526 on: March 31, 2014, 07:02:28 AM »
Correct. It's also the quality of your youth. Who have Port got coming through after Schulz? Bloke is 29 in a couple of weeks and one of the absolute key cogs in their team.

They have the "Ball Butcher", John Butcher  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #527 on: March 31, 2014, 07:07:04 AM »

Wasn't he called "the future" or was that just in "the past"?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #528 on: March 31, 2014, 07:40:34 AM »

Because of one player(Schulz) it leaves question marks?

maybe they'll go out and trade for a replacement like they did for Schulz? Maybe they already have him on the list and they(and we) don't know yet as they still develop) Looking at the players they have introduced into the side the past 12 months I think they are very well placed and if they are missing 1 or 2 pieces to the puzzle that's ok, they can focus on it in the coming years.

tony_montana

« Reply #529 on: March 31, 2014, 08:09:06 AM »
Good on him, they are on fire atm, look really strong, fit and fast. 3rd youngest list in the comp too.
THAT IS NOT CORRECT OR EVEN RELEVANT. Whoops again i apologise for caps on.
There are  5 or 6 sides whos overall list age is younger than ports not sure cant be bothered looking it up. theres another 7 to 10 sides including port,  again dont have the figures in front of me,who are all aged 23 yrs and so many days. its neither here nor there. who

what is relevant is the age of the players who will play the majority of games. to me about 25 players at all clubs will play more than half the games work out the age of these players. i bet ports top 25 are up there with most other clubs.
it really is a fallacy that most players under 22 yrs of age impact clubs seasons. the simple truth is most are in early development with no guarantee of them making it. trhe thing these players do do is impact the overall age of the list though.

You are correct, I heard it on the commentary but having a look they aren't actually the 3rd youngest. In terms of average, median, games played etc they are 4th or 5th youngest - either way, for mine they are well placed for the next several years

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #530 on: March 31, 2014, 08:53:10 AM »
Heard a snippet of an interview commentators had with Matty after the game and asked if he enjoyed being sub. He said it was not a position he wanted to play consistently in (his tone of voice was very cold)  :lol

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #531 on: March 31, 2014, 10:07:23 AM »

Because of one player(Schulz) it leaves question marks?

maybe they'll go out and trade for a replacement like they did for Schulz? Maybe they already have him on the list and they(and we) don't know yet as they still develop) Looking at the players they have introduced into the side the past 12 months I think they are very well placed and if they are missing 1 or 2 pieces to the puzzle that's ok, they can focus on it in the coming years.
Was a genuine question. Not having a go at them. Just wasn't sure what they've got when he retires. He's very good and plays a very important position for them. Butcher sure as hell ain't going to be able to replace dead-eye Schulzy

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #532 on: March 31, 2014, 10:24:53 AM »
Was a genuine question. Not having a go at them. Just wasn't sure what they've got when he retires. He's very good and plays a very important position for them. Butcher sure as hell ain't going to be able to replace dead-eye Schulzy

They've got The Hoff. He goes alright
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #533 on: March 31, 2014, 10:41:12 AM »

They've got The Hoff. He goes alright
He's already in the team though.

gerkin greg

« Reply #534 on: March 31, 2014, 11:19:55 AM »
That jumper tug  :nope

Wonder if he got his Tiger tattoo changed to an electric eel?

I'm on him for the Magarey. Anyone know who he's playing for in the SANFL, might win their B&F too.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #535 on: March 31, 2014, 11:27:05 AM »

I'm on him for the Magarey. Anyone know who he's playing for in the SANFL, might win their B&F too.
Don't they have their own SANFL team?

gerkin greg

« Reply #536 on: March 31, 2014, 11:31:46 AM »

Might have to change the eel into a magpie then

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #537 on: March 31, 2014, 11:34:20 AM »

Might have to change the eel into a magpie then
As long as he colours it in.  :cheers

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #538 on: March 31, 2014, 01:21:23 PM »

Wasn't he called "the future" or was that just in "the past"?

:clapping

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #539 on: March 31, 2014, 08:53:27 PM »
Good on him, they are on fire atm, look really strong, fit and fast. 3rd youngest list in the comp too.
THAT IS NOT CORRECT OR EVEN RELEVANT. Whoops again i apologise for caps on.
There are  5 or 6 sides whos overall list age is younger than ports not sure cant be bothered looking it up. theres another 7 to 10 sides including port,  again dont have the figures in front of me,who are all aged 23 yrs and so many days. its neither here nor there. who

what is relevant is the age of the players who will play the majority of games. to me about 25 players at all clubs will play more than half the games work out the age of these players. i bet ports top 25 are up there with most other clubs.
it really is a fallacy that most players under 22 yrs of age impact clubs seasons. the simple truth is most are in early development with no guarantee of them making it. trhe thing these players do do is impact the overall age of the list though.
yep. average age would have to be one of the most misleading useless stats thrown about in football.

What is more important is number of players in each age group, or probably more relevant number of games played ie, 0 -100, 100-200, 200+
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI