Author Topic: Staff and Chaff gone; Gas and Kellaway may follow  (Read 22934 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: Staff and Chaff gone; Gas and Kellaway may follow
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2006, 10:06:07 AM »
sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind, and forget the sentimental crap and put the future of teh team 1st. 

when its time to cut ties in order to progress fwd , u just have to do it, even if it means going one step backwards.

Ox

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2006, 12:02:28 PM »
whats the forecast for Saturday?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2006, 01:43:40 PM »

In Chubba's case, 1 to 2 metre swell with prevailing offshore winds. Best to stick to right hand point breaks.

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2006, 03:22:29 PM »

we can make finals next yr without chubba, we have not suffered in defence since he has been out with a hammy, sure we may have earlier this year but the kids are showing they are developing fast and good

we dont need these players in their over the hill yrs unless they are as vital as richo

Yes, but look who we've played X. :banghead We have only beaten two sides in the top 8. Chubba played in both victories. 23 possies against the Crows & Pies. I'm hoping Chubba gets at least another year. He's been very solid so far this season and he is courage pesonified. He always leads by example. When the young guys see him backing into a pack to take a crucial mark in the defensive 50 it sets a benchmark for them to follow.
How can fellow supporters here so easilly discard a player of his callibre and someone who has been such a loyal servant to the club. Oh we have such short memories especially the kindergarten crew here. For them it's just all kids, kids, kids. Eff that! We need experienced players like Chubba to show them how its done.  >:(

I agree, don't offload Chubba just yet, otherwise our backline it going to be a bunch of youngsters who aren't fully developed. Keep him for another year, that way our young kids will have a chance to get some experience in the backline without the added pressure of doing it by themselves.
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2006, 04:10:13 PM »

In Chubba's case, 1 to 2 metre swell with prevailing offshore winds. Best to stick to right hand point breaks.

:rollin tiga

A few showers and 17 degrees Ox.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Kellaway asked to consider retirement
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2006, 06:29:42 PM »
Hutchy on Ch7 news reckons Wallace has told Chubba to consider retirement as there was no guarantee of a new contract. Chubba was also offered a farewell game this week.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2006, 06:33:58 PM »
looks like the axe is well and truly out just at the minute. :o

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2006, 06:53:09 PM »
Apologies for the thread jump.

Just mention that McGuane has more upside than Chubba.  Could be a choice between the 2 given that Moore should be delisted.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2006, 07:27:59 PM »
Apologies for the thread jump.

Just mention that McGuane has more upside than Chubba.  Could be a choice between the 2 given that Moore should be delisted.

I don't think McGuane has more an upside than Chubba. As a froward yep as a defender NOPE. The one thing that's stood out the last 3-4 weeks at Coburg is Luke is a far better forward than he is backman.

Hutchy on Ch7 news reckons Wallace has told Chubba to consider retirement as there was no guarantee of a new contract. Chubba was also offered a farewell game this week.

Yeah saw that and I'm like  :gobdrop :gobdrop what the :gobdrop and one of the reasons is because Tezza said on WLF last night with Caro sitting next to him that they hadn't made any decision on the list yet - I am confused

If they have to make a call on Chubba or Gas - for me it's you keep Chubba.

Might I suggest everyone get a copy of our game against the Pies at the MCG back in July and a fter watching it you should be able to see why I'm saying we should keep one Andrew Kellaway
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2006, 12:22:34 AM »
Browny said something like Gas and Chubba will sit down Monday or Tuesday with the club.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Career flashes past Kellaway (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2006, 02:17:26 AM »
Career flashes past Kellaway
01 September 2006   
Herald-Sun
Mike Sheahan

FOR most Richmond supporters, there was an obvious replacement for the suspended Ray Hall: fellow tall, experienced defender Andy Kellaway.

Richmond supporters love Kellaway, and with good reason. He is passionately yellow and black, as tough and brave as Captain Blood, reliable, and has recovered from the hamstring tear he suffered tumbling off his surfboard a few weeks ago.

Kellaway, though, has been named in the emergencies for tomorrow's game against West Coast, Hall replaced by the smaller, quicker Tom Roach.

With doubts on a couple of Tigers, he may yet play against the Eagles, but it might be his farewell appearance, too.

The veteran backman suddenly is face to face with his football mortality, despite his sound form before the surfing mishap that might end up dumping him from Punt Road.

Kellaway looms as a casualty of modern football.

As tough and brave as he is, his pace and disposal put him at risk.

With Richmond on the climb and him turning 31 in November, he is a victim of evolution.

Like his brother, Duncan, before him, there's nothing he wouldn't give for the team, but the emphasis on pace and foot skills grows by the year.

Andrew may have Duncan covered as a kick, but that doesn't make him Jimmy Jess.

Sadly it's no longer just enough to be a fierce competitor, to attack the ball or man with raw courage, to beat your opponent, to bleed for the team. That's a culture from a different era.

The model defence in the modern game is built on rebound and creativity rather than simply negating the best of the opposition forwards.

At Richmond, the change is symbolised by the attacking style of Joel and Patrick Bowden, Andrew Raines, Chris Hyde and Brett Deledio.

Kellaway will wake up today wondering where it's all gone wrong. The warning bells started to sound when no one from the club raised the issue of a new contract. That's got to be a concern come August in the last year of a contract, and it was.

Kellaway's fate will be determined in discussions with coach Terry Wallace early next week, but a modified one-year contract appears the best possible outcome for him.

Wallace told the Herald Sun in June: "He has become a very valuable contributor and we wouldn't be the same side without him."

Sadly for the surfer/footballer, the Tigers have won three of four games in his absence, kicking 20 goals in the three wins.

If he gets a chance tomorrow, the West Coast forwards will know he's back.

He literally will be playing for his career and that's a fearsome thought for any opposition.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20321258%255E19742,00.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Kellaway future unclear
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2006, 01:43:15 PM »
Kellaway future unclear
1:18:14 PM Fri 1 September, 2006
Jason Phelan
Sportal for afl.com.au

Senior players Mark Chaffey and Greg Stafford will bid farewell to the Tiger faithful when Richmond takes on West Coast at the MCG on Saturday, but the future of Andrew Kellaway still hangs in the balance.

Terry Wallace refused to buy into the speculation surrounding the 30-year-old and fellow tall defender Darren Gaspar on Friday, but admitted Kellaway's future in the yellow-and-black was far from assured.

"We've had a conversation and I said that I couldn't guarantee him a contract for next season and we needed to see how things pan out - you've got to wait until after round 22 for these situations," Wallace said after training at Punt Road.

Full article:
http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=294247
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ox

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2006, 01:58:21 PM »
get rid of them both.

No room for sentiment here,besides,they're hopeess and injury prone.

Thanks for the memories but we have a team to build.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2006, 03:50:05 PM »
get rid of them both.

No room for sentiment here,besides,they're hopeess and injury prone.

Thanks for the memories but we have a team to build.

Who's going to play on the opposition tall forwards next season then?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2006, 04:52:02 PM »
We could always try and pinch Polak from the Dockers. Someone once told me he likes to fly high so I take it he must have a pretty good leap which would be good in combatting tall forwards.