Author Topic: Have Humm & Rodan got the lemon & Sarce?  (Read 14147 times)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Re: Have Humm & Rodan got the lemon & Sarce?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 06:04:43 PM »
That part of Sugars speach was just shown on 10 news. Major slip up by him.

He probably didn't have anything prepared (didn't think he would win) and was saying the first things that came to him. Still not good. On the TV report I thought I could hear a gasp from the crowd when he said it. Somebody that was there might be able to confirm that gasp.

Now we  know for sure that Roach, Humm and Rodan won't be there next year. The club will deny it but I think its pointless doing so.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 07:09:44 PM »
the club has seriously erred by not finishing this today. They should have confirmed delistings of those named today, apologised for the mistake, thanked them for there contribution. Im sorry but its mistakes like this that make us look like a brothel.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 07:41:20 PM »
It's an absolute disgrace, I can't believe that has happened, totally unprofessional.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 09:07:18 PM »
the club has seriously erred by not finishing this today. They should have confirmed delistings of those named today, apologised for the mistake, thanked them for there contribution. Im sorry but its mistakes like this that make us look like a brothel.

Agree Ramps. No point the club trying to make out decisions haven't been made and then wait to delist them on Oct 31. The club will just look like it kept hopes up falsely. Allow those players involved to get on with deciding their future.

It also stuffs up any romote chance of Rodan being traded.

The names aren't a shock and IMO they are the correct calls. I'm surprised any player would be unaware of where he stood as far as his future at Richmond. However that doesn't change the fact that the RFC has been very unprofessional with its handling of list changes this year.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 10:13:15 PM »
The footy show replayed Sugar's speech and had a good laugh at the club's expense.

Moi

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2006, 10:15:22 PM »
The footy show replayed Sugar's speech and had a good laugh at the club's expense.
With good reason, it was a total lack of tact to embarrass those boys like that.

Jackstar

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2006, 10:26:56 PM »
It's an absolute disgrace, I can't believe that has happened, totally unprofessional.

I can beleive it happened ::)

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2006, 10:55:34 PM »
Herald Sun speaking to Michael Roach about this farce in the paper tomorrow.

Seriously our club is like a brothel....to many egos. Who evers doing PR needs a kick up the arse. For the 3rd time Im gonna say it again....finish it NOW! Delist them officially, Apologise and get on with it...this poos me coz...how can i put it...its just stupid PR strategy.

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 11:13:57 PM »
Agree entirely
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Roach in shock (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 02:30:20 AM »
Tom Roach in shock
22 September 2006   
Herald-Sun
Rebecca Williams

RICHMOND great Michael Roach says his son Tom was shocked after he inadvertently heard he had been sacked by the Tigers at the club's best-and-fairest count on Wednesday night.

Tigers captain Kane Johnson made a slip during his acceptance speech when he said he wanted to wish departing players David Rodan, Tom Roach and rookie Jeremy Humm all the best.

Assistant coach Brian Royal immediately denied the club had made any decisions about the trio's playing future.

Roach said Tom, who played just two senior games this season, realised his position at the club was under review, but was still surprised by Johnson's revelation.

"I think he was a bit shocked," Roach said. "But I've spoken to him about it and he knows they are doing player reviews and I suppose his name is among the ones (up for review).

"He knows he's under pressure, a lot of kids are."

Roach yesterday spoke to Richmond coach Terry Wallace to clarify Tom's position.

"I don't know about the other guys, but I've spoken to Terry and he said there's still no decision," Roach said.

"Hopefully he can stay on the list. If not, we'll have to look at other avenues, and hopefully he gets an opportunity somewhere else if it happens."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20455342%255E19742,00.html

letsgetiton!

Re: Tom Roach in shock (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2006, 05:28:31 AM »
Tom Roach in shock
22 September 2006   
Herald-Sun
Rebecca Williams

RICHMOND great Michael Roach says his son Tom was shocked after he inadvertently heard he had been sacked by the Tigers at the club's best-and-fairest count on Wednesday night.

Tigers captain Kane Johnson made a slip during his acceptance speech when he said he wanted to wish departing players David Rodan, Tom Roach and rookie Jeremy Humm all the best.

Assistant coach Brian Royal immediately denied the club had made any decisions about the trio's playing future.

Roach said Tom, who played just two senior games this season, realised his position at the club was under review, but was still surprised by Johnson's revelation.

"I think he was a bit shocked," Roach said. "But I've spoken to him about it and he knows they are doing player reviews and I suppose his name is among the ones (up for review).

Roach yesterday spoke to Richmond coach Terry Wallace to clarify Tom's position.

"I don't know about the other guys, but I've spoken to Terry and he said there's still no decision," Roach said.

"Hopefully he can stay on the list. If not, we'll have to look at other avenues, and hopefully he gets an opportunity somewhere else if it happens."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20455342%255E19742,00.html

further proof as to why joel should be captain and not sugar. sugar has poo 4 brains whereas joel is an intelligent person

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2006, 07:52:17 AM »
Awful way to be told your services are no longer required.  Those poor boys - would have just wrecked their B&F night.

Moi

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2006, 10:08:18 AM »
further proof as to why joel should be captain and not sugar. sugar has poo 4 brains whereas joel is an intelligent person
Agree X.  If Sugar had known the boys were gone, why hadn't he had a private chat to them to wish them well rather than a non-hands on, not too hard way of saying goodbye to them with a speech in a crowded room where you don't have to look them in the eye.  I know, it's Wallace's job to give them the hard news, but if Sugar thought they already knew, he should have had a heart to heart with them (as captain) and wished them well in person.

Tacky, tacky, tacky  :banghead

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2006, 10:10:22 AM »
Tom Roach in shock
22 September 2006   
Herald-Sun
Rebecca Williams

X- For once I agree with you. Never liked Johnson as a captain or a player but I guess most people here already know my feelings on him.
Can't beleive he got the Jack Dyer medal. I thought Joel would have been streets ahead of him in the voting. Even Simmo and Rainsey had better seasons than him IMO.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2006, 11:04:55 AM »
Another Punt Rd Fiasco. And the club has no one else to blame but themselves.