Author Topic: official polak is @ richmond  (Read 15789 times)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
Re: official polak is @ richmond
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2006, 02:46:50 PM »
we have picked up a kid who wil become the best kpp player in the afl!
polak wil be a gun wait and see

Suggest that his 70 games so far is evidence to the contrary.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2006, 02:53:06 PM »

wait and see, when one isnt happy he wont play to his best potential
btw, how many games has tivers and hall and krak play?? dont see the firing up the tv screen

polak is 22, 70 games under his belt , in 2 yrs time he wil be a 24 yr 100 game player who will be dominating the game, i have a feeling about this and when he does, remember x man told u so

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2006, 02:57:15 PM »
I'm with X, Jackstar and Fwoy on this one. I think we've done pretty well.  :thumbsup The only disappointing thing about the trade is where our pick 8 went. :help We needed a ready made KPP like Polak who can lead the way for our other tall youngsters like Patto, Limbach etc..who should hopefully come on in the next year or two. Keep in mind we also have a few other youngsters like Hughes and JON who will be pressing for regular selection so the nursery is pretty healthy. What we needed was an injection of experience and size to fill the void with Chubba & Staff gone and Polak fits the bill perfectly. Also, he wanted to come to the Tigers. That's worth something in itself.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace rapt to secure Polak (RFC site)
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2006, 03:03:47 PM »
Tigers rapt to secure Polak
2:35:49 PM Fri 13 October, 2006
richmondfc.com.au

The Tigers have earmarked Polak for centre half-back and believe he will provide a significant boost to their defence with his height, strength and courage. They also recognise his potential to fill a key role up forward if required.

“We were very keen to secure Graham’s services, but at the same time, didn’t want to have to give too much away to get him. In the end, we certainly think it’s a fair and reasonable deal, because we’re still in the first round of the Draft, which is an important factor for us,” said Richmond coach Terry Wallace.

“There’s no doubting Graham’s ability and, at just 22, we’re excited about what he has to offer us over the next decade.

“As a young, key-position player, we feel he’ll fit really well into our youthful group, who are all coming through together.”

“I’m really stoked to be going to Richmond,” Polak said.

“It’s the club I wanted to go to and to get there is a big relief.

“I met Terry (Wallace) a couple of weeks ago and got along really well with him, and I reckon he’ll be able to get the best out of me.

“I just can’t wait to get started there.”

Full article at: http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=303044

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2006, 03:05:25 PM »
RFC site already have Polak in a Tigers' jumper. One of their better photoshop jobs.

letsgetiton!

Re: Wallace rapt to secure Polak (RFC site)
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2006, 03:09:20 PM »
Tigers rapt to secure Polak
2:35:49 PM Fri 13 October, 2006
richmondfc.com.au

“I’m really stoked to be going to Richmond,” Polak said.

“It’s the club I wanted to go to and to get there is a big relief.

“I met Terry (Wallace) a couple of weeks ago and got along really well with him, and I reckon he’ll be able to get the best out of me.

“I just can’t wait to get started there.”
Full article at: http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=303044

this is why we should all be wrapped and excited about polak coming over!!!!!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2006, 03:13:01 PM »
Getting Polak isn't what is upsetting people. We all hope he delivers on his potential for the Tigers. It's only having 2 picks in the top 50 of a superdraft that is.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2006, 03:19:24 PM »

btw, how many games has tivers and hall and krak play?? dont see the firing up the tv screen

polak is 22, 70 games under his belt , in 2 yrs time he wil be a 24 yr 100 game player who will be dominating the game, i have a feeling about this and when he does, remember x man told u so

Saw quite a bit of Polak at East Freo in the WAFL this year when Freo were playing their best AFL footy in the lead-up to the finals.

Graeme did not display an eagerness to push into this 22, and was easily beaten by WAFL players with less ability and less body mass, but more desire.

Very optimistic to say that he will be dominating the game at AFL level, let alone play at a level to justify a position in the starting 18 with any consistency.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2006, 03:52:43 PM »
X none of us are worried about Polak, we just wanna know why we traded down 5 spots in the first round and completely traded out of the 3rd round. see at pick 42 we could have got a good player ... whatl do you reckon we'll get at 60 lol. We are only gonna have 4 picks after having 3 last year. Sorry X but its not on. I hope Polak slays em, but our strategy at Richmond is completely  rooted.

It's worse than last year. We had 3 picks in the top 50 and that wasn't really enough. Now we've just got 2. You should be aiming to bring in 3 blokes each year who become 10 year players. Just having the bare minimum of picks means we can't afford to have any failures which is unrealistic.

Getting Polak should have been a bonus. We should have a third rund pick + Polak; not essentially drafting Polak at 42. Pick 42 in the superdraft for a fringe player. We paid way over the odds.

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2006, 04:17:00 PM »
In all honesty, what did u expect to give up...just five spaces?
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2006, 04:20:58 PM »

Saw quite a bit of Polak at East Freo in the WAFL this year when Freo were playing their best AFL footy in the lead-up to the finals.

Graeme did not display an eagerness to push into this 22, and was easily beaten by WAFL players with less ability and less body mass, but more desire.

Very optimistic to say that he will be dominating the game at AFL level, let alone play at a level to justify a position in the starting 18 with any consistency.

polak didnt wanna be there, how the hell can u perform when u hate a place, just like going to school, subjects u love , u thrive in, ones u hate, u dont give a rats @rse about

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2006, 04:31:16 PM »

A change is as good as a holiday in my book. You could tell he had a falling out with the club after round 9 last season. Until then his stats were pretty reasonable and against mostly quality opposition.

Round     Date                   vs.            K   H   P    M   HO   T   FF    FA      G       B
Round 3   16/04/2006   Port Adelaide   5   7   12   7   0   1   1   0   0   2
Round 4   22/04/2006   Adelaide     9     2     11     7     0     1     1     0     3     1
Round 5   30/04/2006   St Kilda       5      3        8       5       4       2        0       2       0       1
Round 6   06/05/2006   West Coast     10   7   17    11      7       6          1      3         0       0
Round 7   13/05/2006   Melbourne   9   6   15   11   1   1   1   1   0   0
Round 8   20/05/2006   Kangaroos   4   8   12    6    9    0    1    2    0    0

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2006, 04:34:06 PM »

Exchanging 1st and 3rd round picks maximum. At least then we wouldn't have coughed up a good pick. We've paid up on Polak's potential not actual performance over 5 years on a AFL list. We need him to perform now otherwise we automatically lose on the deal because we traded out of the 3rd round. It's the RFC who are taking the risk on a guy on the fringes with off-field issues yet somehow that counted for nothing. The Doggies got McDougall for exchanging 2nd and 4th round picks. Polak's value should have been around that mark.

Ramps

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2006, 04:47:53 PM »
I no longer feel angry about the rubbish that went on during trade week only very very sad that a famous football club with a proud and storied history continues to engage in mediocrity and make failure its goal. We will not make the 8 next year. We will finish between 10th and 12th.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2006, 04:49:47 PM »

Exchanging 1st and 3rd round picks maximum. At least then we wouldn't have coughed up a good pick. We've paid up on Polak's potential not actual performance over 5 years on a AFL list. We need him to perform now otherwise we automatically lose on the deal because we traded out of the 3rd round. It's the RFC who are taking the risk on a guy on the fringes with off-field issues yet somehow that counted for nothing. The Doggies got McDougall for exchanging 2nd and 4th round picks. Polak's value should have been around that mark.

Agree 100% that RFC assumes the risk in this deal.

Polak has alot to prove both on & off field.

What are the odds of Polak moving into Croad's house during his settling-in period ?