Author Topic: Official 2007 Fixture  (Read 6899 times)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Official 2007 Fixture
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 10:41:26 PM »
Wasn't him MT, but he would've been green with envy, as the AFL rep. continued the tradition of uninforming and basically treating people like fools, incapable of thinking for themselves.  Then I had to switch off, so if he said anything that made sense I missed it.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2006, 12:06:08 AM »
Why 3AW insist on having an AFL employee go in and ‘answer’ questions (as if) about anything is beyond me.  Maybe it’s just me, but most of the time I have to switch off, because my blood starts to boil, as what they say just sounds like propaganda.

Did they have the former Iraqi minister for (mis)information on TS?! He'd fit right in at AFL House  ::)

Worse it was Ben Buckley ::)

Actually I think its 2 unhappy teams - heard Cameron Schwab (who I can't stand btw) from Freo and he was going off about the draw too :rollin
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 11:22:53 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Official 2007 Fixture - RFC's response
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2006, 02:17:42 AM »
Level playing field for 2007
By Chip Le Grand
October 26, 2006

Richmond president Gary March described his club's draw as a "marginal improvement" on last year's, but he described back-to-back trips to Adelaide and two trips to Perth as "far from ideal".

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,20645131-23211,00.html

Richmond has one of the toughest draws, with two trips to Perth and back-to-back matches in Adelaide coming off a six-day break among its five interstate road trips.

The Tigers were also denied their request of nine home games at the MCG.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/10/25/1161749190330.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2006, 02:21:23 AM »
"Dreamtime at the 'G" is in Round 9 which is our home game.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 03:03:25 AM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 02:46:40 AM »
Wasn't him MT, but he would've been green with envy, as the AFL rep. continued the tradition of uninforming and basically treating people like fools, incapable of thinking for themselves.  Then I had to switch off, so if he said anything that made sense I missed it.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2006, 02:58:41 AM »
Richmond president Gary March described his club's draw as a "marginal improvement" on last year's, but he described back-to-back trips to Adelaide and two trips to Perth as "far from ideal".

That's a fairly tame response compared to the noises certain "other" clubs would make if given a similar tough draw especially dollar wise.

March also did say it is a tough draw both football and financial wise but we're going to shoulder on regardless as we did this year. We're probably not rocking the boat in the hope we get a better draw in 2008-9 when we want to push for a top 4 spot.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2006, 07:59:17 AM »
I have to say I'm disappointed and a bit surprised that there isn't a comment on the RFC web-site about how the Club feels about the draw

i think the club ghas known abouyt this draw 4 a while thats why miller said on sen a few days ago that tiger fans should not get their hopes up cos we wont make the 8 next yr! or something along those lines.

anyway, we cant beat the afl, so i say lets make the 8, kick total arse and prove to the afl world that we are no collingwood and we dont need a favourable draw to earn success.

if we can make th e8 with this draw, we would be a definate contender and not pretender and no could say we made it cos of an easy draw

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2006, 08:12:23 AM »
Here's a bit of a dumb question, but my Essendon mate brought it up with me last night.  For the 2 AAMI games, do the players just spend the whole week in Adelaide?  A week in Adelaide - thrill city!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2006, 08:21:06 AM »
Here's a bit of a dumb question, but my Essendon mate brought it up with me last night.  For the 2 AAMI games, do the players just spend the whole week in Adelaide?  A week in Adelaide - thrill city!

nope they come home. travelling to adel is no biggy, its only an hr flight, same as driving from melb to geelong

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2006, 10:38:04 AM »
Ben Buckley from http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/10/25/1161749190336.html

■Ladder positions after round 22 from this year were used to determine which teams clubs would meet twice. Previously, logistics demanded that ladder positions after round 15 were used.

This is a contradiction. On one hand they are saying that it the 22-round draw is uneven and they are trying to even it out by using ladder positions from the previous year. But then they change from using the ladder after 15 rounds (fair and even, logistical problem my ars) to the ladder after 22 rounds (unfair and uneven and they must realise this because they are trying to even it out!).

They should really have used the results over the last 15 rounds (7->22) of the season, but they can't do that anymore because:

■Rounds 15-22 next year will not mirror rounds 1-7 as was traditionally the case. Sides can play one another twice regardless of when they played in the first 15 rounds, with seven weeks being the shortest gap between a return match.

What is the motivation of this?

■The split round (round 12) will feature five matches the first week and three the following week, allowing for a Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday game split in week two.

Collingwood still get the preferential treatment with the Sydney game.

■The heritage round will be '70s themed in round 14.

Move on FFS and let go of the past, it is getting embarrasing.

■Collingwood and Essendon will meet on Anzac Day after a four-day break.

LMAO at these two always invoking the ANZAC spirit but will no doubt have a whinge at the 4-day break. Another embarrasment the way these two clubs compare go on about 'sacrifice for your mates' etc.

I see there is still no Good Friday ame and for those of us that couldn't care less about the religious significance of Easter, this is dissapointing. Would love to setlle down in front of Good Friday footy with a big steak.....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2006, 12:38:37 PM »
2007 Fixture - club reaction
Paul Gough
Sportal for afl.com.au

Here is the reaction from AFL clubs concerning their draw for the 2007 home and away season.

RICHMOND

PRESIDENT, GARY MARCH - "We are pleased with the fact that we play our first six home games in Melbourne with five of them at the MCG, as well as having our total number of MCG games increased from nine to twelve."

"We had, however, requested a minimum of nine home games at the MCG and while we have one more than we were granted in 2006, we were extremely keen to play at least nine home games there.

"And from a football viewpoint we travel interstate five times, after six interstate games this year, with back-to-back road trips to Adelaide early in the season, off just a six-day break as well as having to travel to Perth twice, as we did in 2006."

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=304507

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2006, 01:08:16 PM »
i think the club ghas known abouyt this draw 4 a while thats why miller said on sen a few days ago that tiger fans should not get their hopes up cos we wont make the 8 next yr! or something along those lines.

anyway, we cant beat the afl, so i say lets make the 8, kick total behind and prove to the afl world that we are no collingwood and we dont need a favourable draw to earn success.

if we can make th e8 with this draw, we would be a definate contender and not pretender and no could say we made it cos of an easy draw

It should backfire on the Pies in the long run anyway. They'll get smashed in the finals again like this year and over time receive crappy draft picks because they finish higher on the ladder than they should for a mediocre side.

Let's stick it up 'em twice this year  :thumbsup  :gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2006, 01:20:26 PM »
Ben Buckley from http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/10/25/1161749190336.html

■Ladder positions after round 22 from this year were used to determine which teams clubs would meet twice. Previously, logistics demanded that ladder positions after round 15 were used.

This is a contradiction. On one hand they are saying that it the 22-round draw is uneven and they are trying to even it out by using ladder positions from the previous year. But then they change from using the ladder after 15 rounds (fair and even, logistical problem my ars) to the ladder after 22 rounds (unfair and uneven and they must realise this because they are trying to even it out!).

They should really have used the results over the last 15 rounds (7->22) of the season, but they can't do that anymore because:

Agree Jake but in our case we are usually in the top 8 after 15 rounds before falling away by round 22. The AFL are doing us a favour  :-\.

■Rounds 15-22 next year will not mirror rounds 1-7 as was traditionally the case. Sides can play one another twice regardless of when they played in the first 15 rounds, with seven weeks being the shortest gap between a return match.

What is the motivation of this?

To reduce the number of six day breaks. Of course we still get 7 of them including one b/w the Adelaide double  ::).

■The split round (round 12) will feature five matches the first week and three the following week, allowing for a Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday game split in week two.

Collingwood still get the preferential treatment with the Sydney game.

Yeah but our game against the Dees on Friday night is the only game in Victoria that weekend and it's our home game. If we're doing alright by then we could crack 60,000 - 70,000 and keep all the $$$.

■The heritage round will be '70s themed in round 14.

Move on FFS and let go of the past, it is getting embarrasing.

And we haven't won any of them.

I see there is still no Good Friday ame and for those of us that couldn't care less about the religious significance of Easter, this is dissapointing. Would love to setlle down in front of Good Friday footy with a big steak.....

Don't they not play games now on Good Friday because of the Childrens' Hospital appeal? With Ch 7 showing the Friday night games as well as the Appeal, I can't see that changing while they hold the TV rights.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Analysis of RFC 2007 fixture (RFC site)
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2006, 04:46:41 PM »
Analysis of RFC 2007 fixture
1:47:41 PM Thu 26 October, 2006
richmondfc.com.au

We’ve dissected Richmond’s 2007 fixture to provide you with all the appropriate means of evaluating its degree of difficulty.

Step by step, this is what’s in store for the Tigers during the ’07 season . . .

MCG

• 12 games all-up at the ‘G’ (9 in 2006)

• 8 home games (7 in ’06)

• 4 away games (2 in ’06)

• 5 day games (5 in ’06)

• 2 twilight games: 5.15pm start (0 in ’06)

• 5 night games (4 in ’06)

• 3 Saturday afternoon games (4 in ’06)

• 4 Friday night games (2 in ’06)

• 2 Sunday twilight games (0 in ’06)

• 2 Sunday afternoon games (3 in ’06)

• 1 Saturday night game (2 in ’06)

Telstra Dome

• 4 games all-up at Telstra Dome (6 in ’06)

• 3 home games (4 in ’06)

• 1 away game (2 in ’06)

• 2 night games (3 in ’06)

• 2 twilight games (0 in ’06)

• 0 day games (3 in ’06)

• 2 Saturday night games (1 in ’06)

• 2 Sunday twilight game (0 in ’06)

• 0 Friday night games (2 in ’06)

• 0 Saturday afternoon games (2 in ’06)

• 0 Sunday afternoon games (1 in ’06)

Interstate

• 5 games all-up interstate (6 in ’06)

• 1 AAMI Stadium Friday night game (v Adelaide)

• 1 AAMI Stadium Saturday afternoon game (v Port Adelaide)

• 1 Subiaco Saturday night game (v West Coast)

• 1 Subiaco Sunday game (v Fremantle)

• 1 SCG Saturday night game (v Sydney)

Geelong

• 1 Saturday afternoon game v Geelong at Skilled Stadium

Day by day

• 5 Friday night games all-up (4 in ’06)

• 5 Saturday afternoon games (7 in ’06)

• 5 Saturday night games (8 in ’06)

• 3 Sunday afternoon games (3 in ’06)

• 4 Sunday twilight games (0 in ’06)

• 5 games all-up on Friday (4 in ’06)

• 10 games all-up on Saturday (15 in ’06)

• 7 games all-up on Sunday (3 in ’06)

Them’s the breaks . . .

• eight 8-day breaks (5 in ’06)

• five 7-day breaks (12 in ’06)

• seven 6-day breaks (4 in ’06)

• one 5-day break

• one 12-day break: mid-year (a 14-day break in ’06)

Other fixture facts

Play twice: Sydney, Collingwood, West Coast, Geelong, Port Adelaide, Essendon, St Kilda

Play once: Carlton, Western Bulldogs, Adelaide, Brisbane, Fremantle, Melbourne, Kangaroos, Hawthorn.

Play four of the 2006 finalists twice in ’07: Sydney, Collingwood, West Coast, St Kilda

Interstate trips to: Adelaide, Perth, Sydney.

First five games at the MCG.

First six games in Victoria.

Three of the last four games at the MCG.

Four of the last five in Victoria.

No more than two games in-a-row at Telstra Dome.

Five games in-a-row (Round 12-16) at either the MCG or Telstra Dome.

Play Carlton in the opening round, but have no return match against the Blues.

Play the Western Bulldogs in Round 4, but have no return match against them.

Play St Kilda in Round 13 and have a return match against the Saints in Round 22.

Play Port Adelaide in Round 7 and have a return match against the Power in Round 16.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=304631

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2006, 06:50:34 AM »
Rivalry Round is in round 3 against the Pies  :thumbsup.