Author Topic: Official 2007 Fixture  (Read 6911 times)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Official 2007 Fixture
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2006, 01:17:52 PM »
Ben Buckley from http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/10/25/1161749190336.html

■Ladder positions after round 22 from this year were used to determine which teams clubs would meet twice. Previously, logistics demanded that ladder positions after round 15 were used.

This is a contradiction.

Let’s face it, the AFL is just one big contradiction after another.  These people don’t know how to leave things well alone, so they just leave themselves open to greater criticism.

They try to create this level playing field, which, under the circumstances, would seem impossible to do.  I think the majority of people could accept if the fixture was a random ‘draw’, instead of the seemingly contrived system currently in place.  The more they try to manipulate things, the greater the flaws and the more uneven things become.  Somehow, I don't think they care.

If things are going to be this way then why do they insist on doing one thing and saying another?

For example, they say that the draw is intended to maximise attendances.

Sounds like a plan.  I wish one of them would answer me this though.  If the AFL really does want to maximise attendances then why does Richmond play Geelong in a sardine can, thereby prohibiting upwards of 15,000 supporters from seeing the game?  I’ve been to Richmond/Geelong games where the crowds have been in excess of 70,000, but they insist on shoe horning 23,000 people into a shoe box and then try to tell me that the AFL want to maximise crowds.

Clearly, the motivation for this has nothing to do with maximising crowds, but everything to do with filling the Geelong coffers.  It’s their home game and they can do what they like, but don’t then try and tell people that the AFL draw is about maximising crowds when clearly the motivation behind the fixture, and indeed any decision the AFL makes, is MONEY.

Then they try and tell you that tv doesn’t control the AFL draw.  Not much it doesn’t.

No, of course not, that’s why they’ve suddenly introduced ‘twit like’ games, scheduled at stupid o'clock, which are oh so conveniently scheduled for those who want to go to games.  Maximising crowds my foot.

The best thing the AFL can do is just say nothing.  Better for people to just think you’re stupid, rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt.  I should know.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2006, 05:16:49 PM »
Well said TS. It all comes down to money. Until the AFL sees us as a cash cow we'll get treated as second-rate as far as the draw goes.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2006, 09:36:09 PM »

Sounds like a plan.  I wish one of them would answer me this though.  If the AFL really does want to maximise attendances then why does Richmond play Geelong in a sardine can, thereby prohibiting upwards of 15,000 supporters from seeing the game?  I’ve been to Richmond/Geelong games where the crowds have been in excess of 70,000, but they insist on shoe horning 23,000 people into a shoe box and then try to tell me that the AFL want to maximise crowds.

:clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :cheers

And just to further your argument TS (not that it needs it :thumbsup) but I managed to get into the sardine can in 2006. Had to queue to pick up my tickets. The word went out about an hour before the game that it was a sell out - no tickets left. However the sardine can is supposed to fit 27-28K people the crowd was around 23,500k - how can that be a sell out. :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2006, 11:45:42 AM »

:clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :cheers

And just to further your argument TS (not that it needs it :thumbsup) but I managed to get into the sardine can in 2006. Had to queue to pick up my tickets. The word went out about an hour before the game that it was a sell out - no tickets left. However the sardine can is supposed to fit 27-28K people the crowd was around 23,500k - how can that be a sell out. :banghead

27-28 k was the old capacity when standing area covered much of one side. since the redevelopment, and improvements to seating ariound the whole ground over the past 20yrs, capacity has now dropped to 23k! which really suggests that all the money spent to improve the ground was a waste of tike and money cos 23 k capacity is a joke

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2006, 01:02:16 PM »
27-28 k was the old capacity when standing area covered much of one side. since the redevelopment, and improvements to seating ariound the whole ground over the past 20yrs, capacity has now dropped to 23k! which really suggests that all the money spent to improve the ground was a waste of tike and money cos 23 k capacity is a joke

That's interesting X because Silly Billy Brownless is always going on about Skilled Stadium still holding 27-28k people.

So if it doesn't (and I've harped on this before) how can they justify selling memberships and have over 30k members when they cannot fit them all in at home games ??? ::) - it's a disgrace

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers unhappy with ’07 draw (RFC site)
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2006, 05:43:01 PM »
Gary  March isn't happy and rightly so.

Tigers unhappy with ’07 draw
4:34:42 PM Mon 30 October, 2006
richmondfc.com.au

Gary March: "We had requested a minimum of nine home games at the MCG and while we have one more than we were granted in 2006, we are disappointed not to be playing at least nine home games there.

"From a commercial perspective, it's disappointing that two of our first three home games for the season are against interstate clubs and not bigger-drawing Victorian teams.

"And, from a football viewpoint, we travel interstate five times, after six interstate games this year, with back-to-back road trips to Adelaide early in the season, off just a six-day break. We are extremely disappointed this has happened in consecutive years.

Full article at: http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=305061

letsgetiton!

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2006, 05:45:03 PM »

That's interesting X because Silly Billy Brownless is always going on about Skilled Stadium still holding 27-28k people.

So if it doesn't (and I've harped on this before) how can they justify selling memberships and have over 30k members when they cannot fit them all in at home games ??? ::) - it's a disgrace

it is a disgrace WP
i have friends here in geelong that  have non reserved seating membership and they pften get pi ssed off because the membership is subject to capacity
they dont even bother going to shell stadium, because unless u have a socila club or reserved membership, the chances of getting in are slim.
billy is a tool, and his blowing up the capacity and the cats as he always does!!
i would hate to be a cats supporter!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2006, 05:51:04 PM »

And yet a club like ours that averages the second or third highest attendances in the League is forced to play down there again even though no one can get in  ::).

Spot on X. 23k is a joke. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tigers unhappy with ’07 draw (RFC site)
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2006, 05:59:51 PM »
Tigers unhappy with ’07 draw

Full article at: http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=305061

It won't do much good posting this on the Club's website almost a week after the draw came out. The RFC has to make some media noise that we won't put up with being treated as a rubbish dump when the draw is being worked out for 2008. For starters demanding all our 11 home games in 2008 are scheduled at the 'G. The AFL just ignored us when we tried to compromise asking for nine. It's also up to us as supporters to rock up in droves next year to force the issue.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2006, 04:35:16 PM »
Ben Buckley who organised the fixtures for the AFL has jumped ship to soccer and become CEO of the FFA.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20722021-11088,00.html

We might finally get a decent draw from now on  ::).

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2006, 12:59:19 AM »
VFL fixture has been released.

Coburg get 4 out of 17 ABC games - 1 from tassie and another from ballarat which is good.
Play a wednesday ANZAC day game against the dawks at box hill. will get a good crowd hope I am off that day it is out my way and I love giviing it to those box hill losers (they are , really)

A curtain raiser before our game against the pussies at Unskilled Stadium (makes for a long day that one) :thumbsup

http://coburgtigers.footballvic.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=113401

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2006, 01:04:15 PM »

Coburg get 4 out of 17 ABC games - 1 from tassie and another from ballarat which is good.
Play a wednesday ANZAC day game against the dawks at box hill. will get a good crowd hope I am off that day it is out my way and I love giviing it to those box hill losers (they are , really)

A curtain raiser before our game against the pussies at Unskilled Stadium (makes for a long day that one) :thumbsup

It's not a bad draw (clash wise) for Coburg. Most of their games are on an alternate day to when Richmond plays  :clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2006, 03:43:20 PM »
The only clashes are with RFC away games against Freo and the Hawks. 4 TV games is pretty good given we use to ony get two.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiges game on Ch 10 in round 1
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2006, 03:24:00 AM »
8 GAMES ON 7, 10: HOW IT WILL WORK - ROUND 1

Friday, March 30

7   Melbourne v St Kilda, 7.40pm

Saturday, March 31

7 Kangaroos v Coll'wood, 2.10pm
10 Fremantle v Port, 4.10pm
7 Bris Lions v Hawthorn, 7.10pm
10 Sydney v West Coast, 7.10pm

Sunday, April 1 

10 Adelaide v Essendon, 1.10pm
7 W Bulldogs v Geelong, 2.10pm
10 Carlton v Richmond, 4.40pm

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/12/21/1166290679693.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: 2007 VFL Fixture
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2007, 06:52:43 PM »

It's not a bad draw (clash wise) for Coburg. Most of their games are on an alternate day to when Richmond plays  :clapping

TRUenergy VFL Fixture Amendment

Please be advised of the following amendment to the VFL fixture, Coburg Tigers vs. Sandringham Round 9.

Coburg Tigers vs. Sandringham has been rescheduled from Sunday 10th June to Monday 11th June, 2007. The match will remain at 2.00pm at Coburg City Oval.

The linking Reserve Grade curtain raiser match has also been transferred accordingly.

http://vfl.footballvic.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=118469