Author Topic: Carl Peterson  (Read 22491 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: carl peterson
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2010, 03:41:47 PM »
keep in mind they kept Shulz for 6 years and Patterson for 3 :o

:nope :nope :nope

He lasted 1 year jack not 3

Peterson was good, pity we couldnt get the best out of him

And he couldn't get the best out of himself and should hold himself accountable, not the club.

The Richmond support staff of 2007 certainly wouldn't be the the Hawks support staff of today but you also can't blame the Richmond staff for him drinking the nights away and getting into fights at pubs and falling through windows.

It was clear since he wasn't picked up straight away initially no clubs rated his natural talent beating his off-field eff ups and it took him a couple of years in the country to again convince a team he was worth another go.

No indictment on Richmond at all here.

Please don't blame Richmond totally for Carl Peterson no longer being at Richmond.

Carl bought the majority of his problems on all on his lonesome....

Gee we bag the club for not being tough enough with blokes, they make a stand and when they flick someone who wouldn't show the commitment nescessary then we gab 'em some more... read the parts in the above quote I've underlined and that is the reason he was flicked. to borrow a Jack "a nism" can I say = FACT

I hope he makes it at the Hawks because he is a very talented young bloke and perhaps; just perhaps like others before him he needed the kick up the bum to realise the commitment needed to be an AFL footballer and this time round he aint going to waste it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2010, 03:44:32 PM »
he was talking about Patto :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2010, 03:50:05 PM »
Patto lasted 5 years so wrong either way  :D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2010, 03:51:05 PM »
he was talking about Patto :shh

oops my error

but he is still wrong Patto was there 5 years  :rollin

jackstar is back again

« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2010, 03:59:12 PM »

2 years to long as he cannot play.
never understood why we drafted him from Northern Knights.
probably in hope rather then ability

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2010, 04:27:08 PM »

2 years to long as he cannot play.
never understood why we drafted him from Northern Knights.
probably in hope rather then ability
He's still in the AFL system so who knows what we'll still see out of him
He had both the Hawks & Saints who wanted him, two teams both a lot better than Richmond

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2010, 04:30:05 PM »
If raines plays no way the lions will make finals will be a depth player at best. Was destroyed by ebert.

Peterson is a gun. Superstar. He wasnt ready for AFL football when we had him was injured and dissintereted kept lying to the coaches, was offered a guaranteed spot on the rookie list if he just  turned up to pre-season training, he didnt show ! Even so we should never have delisted him, players of his ability are extremely rare, especially at a club like richmond where half the list are just not up to it, hopefully things have changed

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2010, 08:05:15 PM »
Careful here..

Peterson has flash in the pan written all over him. I remember seeing his draft videos thinking wow this kid is a freak. And really disappointed in how he failed to grasp the appreciation and respect needed of AFL footballer.

Time will tell if he can play or not, it's not really our loss as much as anyone's. He was picked up in this years draft very very very low any of the other teams could be as disappointed as us for not picking him up when his head was right.

As for Andrew, I played junior footy against Andrew Raines and kicked a goal on him  :thumbsup, I can tell you that you wont find a bigger insult in our games history lol. Raines along with many other of our players need to be playing in a very good side to look like they are any good. As a running defender you'd be able to name probably 20-30 players ahead of him in the AFL system, I think his value is extremely low.
Go Tigers!

jackstar is back again

« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2010, 08:23:31 PM »
Watched Peterson last year, overweight and still had class wriitten over him.
Raines needs to be in a good side., would agree with that, but he didint finish second in the Rising Star for nothing

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2010, 08:46:37 PM »
Raines needs to be in a good side., would agree with that, but he didint finish second in the Rising Star for nothing
Yes, he came 2nd because he's a one trick pony and it took a season for teams to figure out how to shut him down. Since they figured him out he's been largely ineffective.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2010, 08:56:54 PM »
Raines had  injuries past 2 years, well documented

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2010, 09:04:09 PM »
Raines had  injuries past 2 years, well documented

So Raines having injuries is an OK excuse for his efforts last year but other players still on the list who had injuries ar enot afforded the same excuse  ::)

Perhaps young Andrew is like young Carl in that he needed a kick up the bum to realise that you have to work hard to be a league footballer and work hard to get a game as opposed to thinking you should just be handed them

Tigermonk

« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2010, 09:16:03 PM »
Peterson & Raines are both gone

No-one Cares what they do now.  ;D they were both given a go & both failed

End of story

jackstar is back again

« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2010, 09:38:25 PM »
well he did have serious knee issues.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2010, 09:43:43 PM »

Would have been a deserving winner if he got up. Although it was probably the weakest Rising Star year. Danyle Pearce won it. Marc Murphy was 4th and played 10 games that year. Heath Shaw was 3rd in a very raw first year. Clint Bartram was 5th. The winner of this years Rising Star will carry serious weight. Scully, Trengove, Martin, Cunnington will all come close and don't forget the favorites Naitinui and Ziebell.

Raines can play but needs quality around him, in particular big bodies that free up his line of run. Our backline is far from being developed enough to allow Raines to shine and its common sense to grab Astbury for him who will be a fine player when our transformation is complete.
Go Tigers!