Author Topic: Coburg news  (Read 73558 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Coburg news
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2008, 05:58:39 PM »
Word on the VFLfooty site is that Travis Ronaldson has been accepted into Adelaide University this year. Looks like he will sign with West Adelaide now that he's been assured of his entrance into uni.

http://www.vflfooty.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=posting&mode=quote&p=20702
Someone here told me about Ronaldson possibly leaving Coburg as we've rookied list Cartledge and drafted Putt. He's followed Andy Collins across the border to the Bloods. Coburg will now have to choose a new captain.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

blx

« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2008, 11:14:39 PM »
Word on the VFLfooty site is that Travis Ronaldson has been accepted into Adelaide University this year. Looks like he will sign with West Adelaide now that he's been assured of his entrance into uni.

http://www.vflfooty.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=posting&mode=quote&p=20702
Someone here told me about Ronaldson possibly leaving Coburg as we've rookied list Cartledge and drafted Putt. He's followed Andy Collins across the border to the Bloods. Coburg will now have to choose a new captain.

i suppose the new captain would have to be a non-richmond listed player. Im sure someone will be able to step up.

I actually dont mind this move of Ronaldsons. Makes alot of sense for him and it gives Cartledge a much better opportumity to show/hone his wares.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2008, 04:39:47 PM »
i suppose the new captain would have to be a non-richmond listed player. Im sure someone will be able to step up.
A carrot for Neville to stay at Coburg. Otherwise perhaps Shelton.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2008, 03:26:49 PM »
Heard today that the Coburg list will be finalised soon. No further mention of departures apart from what we already knew (Anderson and Logan Hill joining Andy Collins at West Adelaide).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2008, 10:43:59 PM »
Alistair Neville is apparently training with Box Hill....

-------------------
Back to Business
Tuesday, 22 January 2008

Senior Coach Barry Mitchell has been delighted with the training form of his senior group in Digby Morrell, Steve Kenna, Sam Gibson and Alister Neville.

http://www.boxhillhawks.com.au/news-read.aspx?NewsId=319

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2008, 08:54:47 PM »
Upcoming Coburg practice matches

Saturday 15 Mar 2008
Coburg Tigers vs Port Melbourne
Venue: TBA
Seniors 2:00pm
Reserves 11:10am

March 22 - 23
Coburg Tigers vs Northern Bullants
Venue: NAB Oval

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2008, 09:02:07 PM »
Been down to training tonight and the boys are looking in fantastic shape.

There have been a few additions over the last couple of weeks to the squad and i think the club is in for an exciting year.

There also may be an announcment in the near future on another possible signing who apparently can play.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2008, 09:10:49 PM »
Been down to training tonight and the boys are looking in fantastic shape.

There have been a few additions over the last couple of weeks to the squad and i think the club is in for an exciting year.

There also may be an announcment in the near future on another possible signing who apparently can play.

:clapping :clapping

;D ;)

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2008, 10:41:42 PM »

The Cuzz  :outtahere

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2008, 11:16:32 PM »

Surely you jest.

More likely Casey so he can play with Gardy ??

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2008, 01:15:28 AM »
Coburg tipped to move
Moreland Leader
29/01/08

VFL team the Coburg Tigers could relocate to Craigieburn if funding is secured to build a $10 million football training facility in the booming outer suburb.

http://www.morelandleader.com.au/article/2008/01/28/28595_cov_sports.html

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2008, 01:16:14 PM »
Wednesday, 30 January 2008    Print  | Close
Devil's in the detail for NW game - Coast may host VFL match
By MARTIN AGATYN

THE Tasmanian Devils could play a VFL match on the North- West Coast for the first time in three years this season.

Burnie Sports and Events, AFL Tasmania and the Burnie Dockers Football Club are currently working on a plan for a gala football day at West Park on June 14, the highlight of which will be a VFL match between the Tasmanian Devils and Coburg Tigers.

If it goes ahead, it will be almost three years to the day the last VFL game was played on the Coast, in Devonport, on June 11, 2005.

AFL Tasmania general manager Scott Wade said the Burnie fixture was not a "done deal" yet, as there were still a number of details to be worked out, but he was optimistic it would go ahead.

The match is currently scheduled in the 2008 VFL roster as a home game for Coburg, but Wade said AFL Tasmania would "buy" the game from the VFL.

He said the idea for the promotion was instigated by Burnie Sports and Events and the Burnie City Council.

"We've already held discussions and we are developing a relationship with all the groups involved," Wade said.

He said the VFL match would not be promoted as a stand-alone game.

"We want to turn this into an event, so it will also involve a business luncheon, promotions involving Auskick and juniors and probably an NTFL match as a curtain- raiser," Wade said.

"Burnie are scheduled to play Ulverstone at West Park on that day, so the Dockers have been involved in the discussions and planning."

Wade said the feedback from the Coburg Tigers, which have strong connections with the North-West Coast, had also been positive to date.

The team is coached by former Devonport and Western Bulldogs star Jade Rawlings and the general manager is former Ulverstone and Essendon big man Ryan O'Connor.

AFL Tasmania stopped playing Devils games on the Coast three years ago after poor crowd support and concerns over unsuitable infrastructure.

Wade urged Coastal football followers to vote with their feet if the June 14 game went ahead.

"This will be a great opportunity for the Coast," he said.

Burnie Sports and Events CEO Stephen Hite said the event would have tangible benefits for the City of Burnie.

"There's still a fair way to go yet, but we are hopeful it will go ahead," Hite said.

http://nwtasmania.yourguide.com.au/printerFriendlyPage.asp?story_id=1171540

Didnt know Ryan O'Connor was involved at Coburg.  Top bloke he is from my hometown.  :thumbsup :thumbsup

Anyway thats about half an hour from me so I'd be very pleased to have some Tiges play nearby and so would be supporters club that operates on the coast I'd imagine.  :clapping
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2008, 01:37:46 PM »

Chutney was like this  :ROTFL when reading that CUB.

Told me  :thatsgold

and then added  :nope :nope :nope
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2008, 07:49:45 PM »
Wont be no Cuzz at Coburg, but you are thinking along the right lines there CUB  :shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2008, 07:56:02 PM »
the link is finally working..

Coburg tipped to move
Moreland Leader
Simon Craig
28Jan08

VFL team the Coburg Tigers could relocate to Craigieburn if funding is secured to build a $10 million football training facility in the booming outer suburb.

A confidential agreement struck between the Richmond Tigers, Hume Council, Stockland and the AFL includes reference to a VFL team playing at the ground, earmarked for the corner of Grand Blvd and Windrock Ave.

Coburg is Richmond's VFL feeder team.

When asked if Coburg was set to move up the Hume Hwy, AFL Victoria CEO Peter Schwab replied: ``There's a fair chance that that could happen.

``I can't give a 100 per cent guarantee but logic would say it looks that way.

``Richmond has a close affiliation with Coburg.''

Mr Schwab said the Calder Cannons, Coburg Tigers' TAC Cup under-18s feeder club based at Coburg City Oval, would probably follow suit.

However, he stressed that nothing had been agreed to.

``The first priority is to get it actually built,'' he said.

Coburg general manager Ryan O'Connor said the club had not been approached about the move and would not be commenting on the matter at this stage.

The move would dovetail with Richmond's desire to develop a support base in Melbourne's growing north-western suburbs.

Hume Council city sustainability director David Keenan said participation by any VFL or AFL club at the proposed facility depended on the project partners securing adequate state and federal funding.

The consortium is seeking government funding of about $4.6 million.

The council's pledge to contribute $2.5 million has raised the ire of the Craigieburn Basketball Association, which has been forced to turn players away and says the money would be better spent building extra courts at the Craigieburn Leisure Centre.

The mooted football facility includes an oval as big as the MCG's and two more sports fields, as well as a sports pavilion and grandstand.

http://www.morelandleader.com.au/article/2008/01/28/28595_cov_sports.html