Author Topic: Cranbourne intra-club update thread  (Read 8714 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Cranbourne intra-club update thread
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 11:12:04 PM »
Casserley also missed.

Edwards had a good first 5 minutes, but was fairly quiet the rest of the game. There were at least 25 players better than him, IMO. Doesn't deserve a NAB game on that performance.

The new guys were pretty disappointing.Clingan had a good 2nd qtr, and Collins showed a bit in the 2nd and 3rd. Connors was poor, Riewoldt not good, not bad.Kingsley only fair.

2nd yr: Hughes fairly quiet;took a good mark, then butchered the kick for goal. McGuane quiet.

My rankings, in order:
1.Tuck
2.Newman!!!!! polished
3.Joel
4.Tiv
5.Tambling  - creative
6.Deledio
7.Howat - energetic
8.Foley
9.Pat B.
10.Brown - 3 goals
11.Krak - didn't do a lot, but what he did was usually telling
12.White
13.Richo
14.Johnson
15.Moore - handy, quietly effective
16.Gas
17.Raines
18.Hartigan - led well from FP, then butchered the kicks;some good interceptions
19.Polo - not as busy as usual - subdued
20.Polak - servicable, clean, except for one bad pass
21.Collins
22.Meyer - good in last qtr;not enough intensity before that
23.Hyde - good in limited game time, and with little training over summer
24.Petts - not up to his usual standard
25.Knob - one good mark;good in last qtr, but didn't have a lot of competition overall
26.Clingan
27.Edwards
28.Patto - below par
29.Riewoldt - okay, nothing special displayed
30.Kingsley - didn't get a heap of opportunities
31.Hughes - forward and back
32.A.Graham
33.King
34.Jackson - disappointing - didn't get much of it
35.McGuane - see Jacko
36.Connors

Nice report GB :cheers

What's your view of Moore and White given you've got them in your top 15? I've been impressed with their improvement at training over the preseason especially Moore.

Also another question for either yourself or Steph. What was the skill level and decision making like overall today?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Cranbourne intra-club update thread - Age report
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2007, 02:29:41 AM »
RICHMOND
Intraclub, Casey Fields, Cranbourne East
The Age

WHO MISSED: Ruckman Troy Simmonds watched from the sidelines after injuring his ankle several weeks ago and will miss the pre-season cup. Jay Schulz (hamstring) also sat out yesterday and is not expected to play in the NAB Cup. Will Thursfield (knee), Ray Hall, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls and Carl Peterson, the club's fourth-round selection in last year's national draft, also missed and, said coach Terry Wallace, are not expected to be available next week. Adam Pattison missed the last few minutes with a corked thigh.

WHO'S BACK: Defender Chris Newman was enjoying a steady rise when he broke his leg in round 13 last year. But yesterday, he was among the most committed, hard-running players on the field. Nathan Brown was already "back" last year after breaking his leg the previous year, but leg soreness and a hamstring tear conspired to end his season in round 17. Yesterday, he was most definitely back and enjoying the hitout.

WHO'S NEW: The second-round selection in last year's national draft, Shane Edwards, is a lightly built midfielder who wasted no time stamping his mark on the match. Fellow draftee Jack Riewoldt also stood out with his ability to take a strong mark and use his height to effect. Geelong discard Kent Kingsley took some strong overhead marks. Former Fremantle player Graham Polak spent the first half playing in defence on Matthew Richardson and the second playing forward. Other draftees Daniel Connors and Andrew Collins enjoyed ground time, along with new rookies Jacob King and Tas Clingan.

EARLY FORMGUIDE: Three years into his five-year contract, the graph is at least pointing in the right direction for Terry Wallace. The club fell just short of a finals spot last year. With a wealth of pace, some skilful, attacking forwards to complement Matthew Richardson, a quality ruckman in Simmonds and an emerging group of second-tier players, the club is poised to take the next step.

WHAT THE COACH SAID: "It was an even hitout; good players had to play on good players. We had a few blokes tagged, so it wasn't just an easy walk on the park. The intensity was good, especially considering the (hot) conditions. We've still got to find targets a little bit more." TERRY WALLACE

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID: "I've pulled up pretty well … I feel good." NATHAN BROWN

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2007/02/16/1171405443790.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Cranbourne intra-club update thread - Herald-Sun report
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2007, 02:31:15 AM »
Howat showcases new breed
17 February 2007   
Herald-Sun
Gareth Trickey

RICHMOND'S Cameron Howat continued his seemingly inexorable rise to AFL stardom with a stellar performance in yesterday's intraclub match at Casey Fields, Cranbourne East.

Howat, who played the last five games of the 2006 season, outshone his more experienced teammates during the four 20-minute quarters.

Tigers coach Terry Wallace was full of praise for the speedy 22-year-old.

"I thought Cam Howat was the best on the ground," Wallace said.

"He was a standout."

Wallace also tipped a bright future for athletic late bloomer Dean Polo and former Docker Graham Polak.

"I thought that Graham Polak showed that he was going to be a real good acquisition to the side," Wallace said.

"Dean Polo, who had a terrific last year, continued to impress and I thought he was a very, very good player today."

The return of Nathan Brown, whose 2006 season was marred by prolonged recovery from a leg injury sustained in 2005, is sure to please Richmond fans. He kicked three goals yesterday.

Chris Newman also removed any doubts about further injury woes with a strong contribution.

Adam Pattison will have to wait until later this week to find out whether he will line up in the Tigers' first NAB Cup game against Geelong on February 25.

Pattison was assisted from the ground yesterday after suffering a corked thigh.

Wallace said the corky was "right in the meat of the muscle" and that club medical staff would assess Pattison later this week before ruling on his availability for the pre-season game.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21239240%255E19742,00.html

Offline MikeetIGER

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2007, 04:54:54 AM »
Casserley also missed.

Edwards had a good first 5 minutes, but was fairly quiet the rest of the game. There were at least 25 players better than him, IMO. Doesn't deserve a NAB game on that performance.

The new guys were pretty disappointing.Clingan had a good 2nd qtr, and Collins showed a bit in the 2nd and 3rd. Connors was poor, Riewoldt not good, not bad.Kingsley only fair.

2nd yr: Hughes fairly quiet;took a good mark, then butchered the kick for goal. McGuane quiet.

My rankings, in order:
1.Tuck
2.Newman!!!!! polished
3.Joel
4.Tiv
5.Tambling  - creative
6.Deledio
7.Howat - energetic
8.Foley
9.Pat B.
10.Brown - 3 goals
12.White
13.Richo
14.Johnson
16.Gas
17.Raines
18.Hartigan - led well from FP, then butchered the kicks;some good interceptions
21.Collins
25.Knob - one good mark;good in last qtr, but didn't have a lot of competition overall
26.Clingan
27.Edwards
28.Patto - below par
32.A.Graham
33.King
35.McGuane - see Jacko
36.Connors

Sorry Gordon but you have no idea.  :)

Offline MikeetIGER

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2007, 04:56:31 AM »
Casserley also missed.

My rankings, in order:
1.Tuck
2.Newman!!!!! polished
3.Joel
4.Tiv
5.Tambling  - creative
6.Deledio
7.Howat - energetic
8.Foley
9.Pat B.
10.Brown - 3 goals
12.White
13.Richo
14.Johnson
16.Gas
17.Raines
21.Collins
26.Clingan
27.Edwards
28.Patto - below par
32.A.Graham
33.King
35.McGuane - see Jacko
36.Connors

Sorry Gordon but you have no idea.   :)

GO TIGES!!!

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2007, 07:17:12 AM »
You obviously went to the game then Mikee.
Where's your summary?
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Moi

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2007, 07:40:19 AM »
Thanks Gordon. 
The heat yesterday would have been a huge factor in performance, so hard to really judge.  But great to see Newmo and Browny back to the side and playing well  :thumbsup

Jackstar

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2007, 08:03:05 AM »
17 February 2007   
Herald-Sun
Gareth Trickey

RICHMOND'S Cameron Howat continued his seemingly inexorable rise to AFL stardom with a stellar performance in yesterday's intraclub match at Casey Fields, Cranbourne East.

Howat, who played the last five games of the 2006 season, outshone his more experienced teammates during the four 20-minute quarters.

"He was a standout."

Wallace also tipped a bright future for athletic late bloomer Dean Polo and former Docker Graham Polak.

"I thought that Graham Polak showed that he was going to be a real good acquisition to the side," Wallace said.

"Dean Polo, who had a terrific last year, continued to impress and I thought he was a very, very good player today."

The return of Nathan Brown, whose 2006 season was marred by prolonged recovery from a leg injury sustained in 2005, is sure to please Richmond fans. He kicked three goals yesterday.

Chris Newman also removed any doubts about further injury woes with a strong contribution.

Adam Pattison will have to wait until later this week to find out whether he will line up in the Tigers' first NAB Cup game against Geelong on February 25.

Wallace said the corky was "right in the meat of the muscle" and that club medical staff would assess Pattison later this week before ruling on his availability for the pre-season game.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21239240%255E19742,00.html

Terry Walllace praising Howat  ::), more likely hiding from the fact the club has made a huge mistake not placing him on the senior list in the first place.
Terry obvisously had his eyes firmly closed for the last 6 round last year as Howat has just continued on from his outstanding form from last year.

It amazes me what the likes of McGaune and Jackson are still doing on the senior list :o
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 08:30:07 AM by Jackstar »

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2007, 08:47:18 AM »
17 February 2007   
Herald-Sun
Gareth Trickey

"He was a standout."

Terry Walllace praising Howat  ::), more likely hiding from the fact the club has made a huge mistake not placing him on the senior list in the first place.
Terry obvisously had his eyes firmly closed for the last 6 round last year as Howat has just continued on from his outstanding form from last year.

It amazes me what the likes of McGaune and Jackson are still doing on the senior list :o

why mistake?

we get an extra player on the list, now that cogs is out howat comes straight in, good list managemnt if you ask me

Jackstar

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2007, 09:00:40 AM »
Having Jackson and Mcgaune on our list is hardly good managment ::)
By memory, didnt see Jackson or McGaune getting much of the ball last year, Coburg included.
Howat has been crucified to get his senior spot back, that he should of had anyway.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2007, 09:09:13 AM »
What's your view of Moore and White given you've got them in your top 15? I've been impressed with their improvement at training over the preseason especially Moore.

Also another question for either yourself or Steph. What was the skill level and decision making like overall today?

White - he played quite well - considering it's only his 2nd yr on the list, he certainly plays like he knows what it's all about. He's going to be a regular 22 player this year.
Moore - when he had to do something today, he did it with efficiency and some poise. He's no star, but if he can stay fit then he'll be handy.

Moore and White both played with an assurance and confidence missing in many of the other 1st to 4th yr players.

Skill level/decision-making:
It was okay considering the heat and the time of year.It was helped by the fact that there wasn't a heap of pressure on the ball carrier at times, partly because they were playing their teammates, and no one wanted to injure anybody.They certainly looked to create the free player, and Krak, for example, did a couple of beautiful kicks to set a player free.
I noted it most times when a player's foot disposal was bloody awful, and the culprits were (probably incomplete) Richo (x2), Edwards, Connors, McGuane,Polak. On the other hand, a few specific examples of "first rate disposal" were done by Krak(x2), Howat (x2), Tiv, White,Clingan.
So, generally, not too bad. I rarely had to wince at appalling mistakes like I've done in the past at pre-season matches.

Now Mikee, all I can do is repeat what fish said. Where's your list of 22 in order?It's not an easy thing to do, but I wanted to give people a comparison of how the whole list played.I stand by that list.I watched the players , and the match, very closely.Now it's your turn to give me your list, ot at least a first hand report.If you're going to say to someone who's gone to the match, and taken time to write a detailed report, that they've got "no idea", then the least you can do is back that up with your own report, otherwise it's just a cheap shot.
If it's because I didn't have Howat at No.1, well my top 7 were like a block, and there wasn't much between them.Tuck and Newman got top marks because they played  very well each qtr.Players ranked 3 to 7 got the same score from me, but I had to separate them to do the list.

Re Polo - I don't agree with Wallace that he was "very impressive".As I said, he's usually busier than that.

One key point - Newman is certainly ready to roll.

Moi

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2007, 09:33:12 AM »
It's not an easy thing to do
Spot on, Gordon.  Believe me, I tried, but just gave up lol
Thanks for your efforts.

Over to you, Mikee!

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2007, 12:27:32 PM »
Some of the disposals were a little disappointing, there were a few times when they could have had a shot for goal, but kicked it off to a team mate and it was turned over.
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2007, 12:32:49 PM »
Ok uploaded all the photos. I finished last night but was too buggered too post them, sorry
I haven't posted all the photos as I took alot.
They all can be viewed here http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/Aussie_Angel7/Richmond%20Tigers/?action=view&slideshow=true
But I've just posted a few below  :)

Pattison being assisted by trainers.

My favourite photo  ;)

On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!