Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 461280 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3450 on: June 11, 2020, 10:10:42 PM »
Wasn’t a great showing tonight for sure. But he is a jet and just like how he was disappointed after the prelim he fired back the following week. I trust in Jack

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3451 on: June 11, 2020, 10:18:33 PM »
Poor play all round. Jack stabbed at it trying to steer it through rather than kick through the ball so he didn't make the distance. Then there were no teammates on the line just in case it did drop short.

Oh well. Better to do schoolboy mistakes like that in round 2 and get a kick up the pants than it costing later in the season in a final.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3452 on: June 11, 2020, 11:14:41 PM »
The end is not far off for Jack. His GF against a half fit Davis glossed over a shocking final series also. He was close to Our worst tonight and was definitely our worst in the Prelim last year.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3453 on: June 12, 2020, 11:24:08 AM »
I dont want to admit it but the signs arent good. If he plays like that the rest of the season he's done.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3454 on: June 12, 2020, 02:19:28 PM »
“It’s not footy as we’d love it”: Richmond star admits disappointing return

By Andrew Slevison
SEN
12 June 2020

Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt acknowledges last night’s clash with Collingwood was a disappointing way for footy to return.

The Tigers and Magpies played out a dour 36-36 draw at the MCG with just 10 goals kicked between the two sides who are expected to both be genuine premiership contenders this year.

The shortened quarters doubled with a lack of connection stemming from limited training was evident throughout but Tigers star Riewoldt is supremely confident it will improve sharply.

“We’re still training in groups of eight. We only get a chance once a week to train as a team and it doesn’t serve as enough time to continue to grow,” he told AFL Nation post-game.

“It’s tricky, but hopefully we can come through over the next week or two weeks and start to see some relaxing in the training regimes. Just to give us a bit of a chance to train together more as a group and develop that connection.

“Every side is going to be in the same boat. It really is bloody hard to train as forwards and then come out and have a connection with the mids when you’ve only trained together once during the week.”

Riewoldt, who failed to make the distance with a late set shot from 40 metres, says it is the strangest game he’s ever played in.

“Yep, hands down it is,” he added.

“It’s just bizarre. You look up and there’s 18 minutes gone in the quarter and you think I’m starting to get into the grind of the quarter, and next thing you know the siren’s going.

“I think also the fact we are getting a minute after every goal is scored because they are disinfecting the ball or whatever they’re doing, it just gives guys a chance to rest. It takes that grind out of the game which I quite enjoy, trying to play under fatigue.

“We’ve just got to adapt and learn. Every side is learning on the fly. Obviously we’d like to play in higher scoring games for ourselves but defensively both sides will come away happy with the way they defended.”

While there has been plenty of criticism of the game, Riewoldt was of the opinion that at least we are back playing.

“It’s not footy as we’d love it to be but I suppose it’s better than nothing,” he concluded.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/06/12/its-not-footy-as-wed-love-it-richmond-star-admits-disappointing-return/

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3455 on: June 12, 2020, 06:56:50 PM »
He had a shocker

Simple as that 😎
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3456 on: June 12, 2020, 08:09:55 PM »
The end is not far off for Jack. His GF against a half fit Davis glossed over a shocking final series also.

Thought he was quite good v Brisbane in the QF ... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3457 on: June 13, 2020, 11:00:27 PM »
Played a stinker.
Unleash the tornado

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3458 on: June 14, 2020, 08:45:34 AM »
Wasn’t far off a Norm Smith 9 months ago.
Should’ve kicked 3 vs Cats in Prelim.
A long way off being finished
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3459 on: June 14, 2020, 09:44:35 AM »
The time has nothing to do with not making the distance on a regulation set shot. But I believe in Jack and he has so many tricks in his bag I know he will come back firing. If his hamstrings can hold up I think he’d be handy on a wing because he reads the play so well and is a great field kick. Otherwise he should play the Gunston second forward roll.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3460 on: June 14, 2020, 10:13:15 AM »
Jack is fine. Same as the rest. Rusty and unfit.

Not a lot of soft tissue issues yet anyway.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3461 on: June 15, 2020, 11:31:16 AM »
Had Moore all over him and Collingwood flooded back. This with our poor delivery into the forward line meant our forwards were under pressure all the time.

I learnt along time ago to never write a champion off and I will wait to see what Jack produces over the next couple of months

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3462 on: June 15, 2020, 01:43:40 PM »
Moore is a gun defender. 4 inches on Jack and quicker to boot.

Would be pleased if we can in fact steal him away.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3463 on: June 15, 2020, 03:04:28 PM »
Would rather go for De Goey.....:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3464 on: June 16, 2020, 10:29:29 AM »
we have money to burn boys and either de goey or Moore would be perfect

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.