Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 461308 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3510 on: July 12, 2020, 10:54:09 PM »
Looking more and more finished to me.

Worst is his efforts to tackle and check blokes. Couldn't knock a chicken off a fence on a windy day...

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3511 on: July 12, 2020, 11:20:15 PM »
To much media for me moaning.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3512 on: August 04, 2020, 10:32:35 PM »
Jack's back

Tom Lynch started the onslaught and Jack Riewoldt finished it. The Tigers got plenty out of the victory, but maybe nothing moreso than the form of their two power forwards. Lynch kicked two quickly in the first quarter and then out-bodied his opponent Harris Andrews to kick a third in the second. Riewoldt, who had kicked just nine goals in the nine previous weeks should get a huge confidence boost from his haul of four. He took marks on the lead against a good opponent in Darcy Gardiner and kicked another from good forward pressure where he pinged Lions debutant Jack Payne for holding the ball.

Source: AFL website

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3513 on: August 05, 2020, 03:50:30 PM »
Mick Malthouse fears the cliff is close for Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt

Glenn Valencich
7News
5 August 2020 3:30 pm

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick reckoned “it was a matter of time” before Jack Riewoldt kicked his first bag of the restart, four goals on Tuesday night contributing to a 41-point AFL win over Brisbane.

Mick Malthouse, however, believes the key forward remains “inches off the edge of the cliff” after impressing in a game that simply played into his hands.

Riewoldt had 10 touches and took four marks - all of them inside 50 - as he combined with Tom Lynch, who kicked three goals, to overpower the Lions.

“They’ve been training incredibly well and we only knew it was a matter of time,” Hardwick said of the duo.

“Harris Andrews is probably the best defender in the land and I thought our guys had a really good duel with him and they probably came out on top.

“Our boys rose to the challenge. They’ve been putting in a hell of a lot of hard work and finally got the outcome we’re looking for.”

Much has been made of both players’ form as numerous key forwards struggle in the shorter games, with the 31-year-old Riewoldt particularly under the pump.

The triple Coleman medallist had kicked one goal in each of the six games prior to facing the Lions without bursting out for more.

Despite leading all players with his four majors against Brisbane, Riewoldt was unable to convince Malthouse that brighter days are ahead.

“I reckon I know players and I see Jack as inches off the edge of the cliff,” the triple premiership coach said on ABC radio.

“Because one of the things he had was a bit of toe over the first five (metres). He had jumping power.

“No doubt (about his performance) tonight, he’s kicked four goals. I see Jack at the moment - he’s frightfully slow. He’s not going to get quicker.

“His body has been punished for... you know, he’s been a key position player for 12 or 13 years and that takes its toll. Not many players can lose pace and still be as effective.”

Malthouse believes Riewoldt’s diminishing returns can be pinned on his physical capabilities failing to meet the levels required by certain match-ups.

“Now the other thing about Jack Riewoldt, he’s not 6-foot-6. You know, he’s that medium-to-tall player,” Malthouse said.

“I think it’s been fantastic that he’s kicked four goals but I don’t think he’s going to get the same opportunity against other sides. Lynch will still kick big goals and I think their mediums will kick goals.

“I think Jack’s a spiritual leader down there. I think he’s, you know, he’s just a great bloke, Jack. I hope I’m wrong, but I think the cliff is getting very, very close.

“If they meet a bigger-bodied side that’s gonna push the ball out and about and you have to fight for your football 15 metres away, Jack won’t get to it. If it gets put on top of his head, it may (work out for Riewoldt).”

Riewoldt will turn 32 in October, while 2021 will be his 15th AFL season.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/mick-malthouse-fears-the-cliff-is-close-for-richmond-forward-jack-riewoldt--c-1218356

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3514 on: August 08, 2020, 09:25:54 PM »
Tom Morris once again thinks so

Riewoldt delivers low blow

Foxsports
8 August 2020

Richmond star Jack Riewoldt is facing a Match Review sanction and a potential suspension after connecting with a low blow on Port Adelaide’s Tom Jonas.

The incident took place late in the first quarter of the Power’s win on Saturday afternoon.

As the ball spilt out of a contest between the two players and rolled towards the goals, Jonas kept his feet and went after it, but went to ground after Riewoldt hit out with his left arm and collected the Port captain in the genitalia.

Jonas got up and continued on, but was in the sort of pain that would be familiar to any man who has been hit below the belt.

Senior Foxfooty.com.au reporter Tom Morris predicted the incident would come under scrutiny from Match Review Officer Michael Christian.

“Tom Jonas wasn’t badly hurt, but this could easily be classified as low impact given the Port captain went to ground,” Morris said on Fox Footy.

“And if it is low impact, Riewoldt will get a week because it will be graded as intentional and to the groin, which equals a one match suspension.

“The key thing to understand is that there are three categories: head, body and groin. Groin incidents are graded the same as head incidents under the classification table.

“Look ahead, Richmond could reasonably argue the force did not constitute a striking charge, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out regardless. We might need to see some more camera angles.”

It has been a tumultuous 48 hours for the Tigers with multiple players, including Riewoldt, involved in groping incidents which have been condemned by the AFL.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-jack-riewoldt-richmond-low-blow-tom-jonas-video-hit-below-the-belt-genitalia-port-adelaide-match-review/news-story/f9387fb49c75a10a181b2341ef467737

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3515 on: August 09, 2020, 06:08:09 AM »
Didn't see crap myself.

Sounds like more witch hunt

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3516 on: August 09, 2020, 06:49:29 PM »
Jack has been fined.

source: Ch7

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3517 on: August 10, 2020, 02:18:09 AM »
Jack’s Back – Riewoldt bags seven goals in five days

Richmond spearhead Jack Riewtoldt has kicked more goals in a week than he did in two months, while another Tasmanian’s goal haul may have earned him a contract extension.

https://www.themercury.com.au/sport/afl/jack-riewoldt-kicks-himself-back-into-form-for-the-richmond-tigers/news-story/418ee6124a7c934320a1d208d3863489

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3518 on: August 18, 2020, 02:48:57 AM »
Riewoldt also opened up about hub life in Queensland. The Tigers have been making headlines for their off-field demands, with many players having wives and partners and children in the hub with them. Some players had initially been reluctant to uproot for what now shapes as the rest of the season.

"There might be a bit of sugar on those stories. We are really enjoying it. We feel like we have got our own little hub which was said to be the crappy place to go and stay," Riewoldt said.

"We really liked it and the staff there have been great to us and it has become the second Punt Road for us. We really enjoy it, we don't have to move too far, we have got our own gyms. We think that is a real advantage for us and we enjoy being together."

Riewoldt, after a testing start to life outside of Melbourne, has booted nine goals in his past three matches, including two against the Suns. He also took eight marks.

"I probably struggled a bit to adjust to hub life, being away from home and having a lot of things go through my head," he said.

"I feel really comfortable where I am at at the moment and clearly as a forward you rely a bit on supply. It's just good to get on the scoreboard and get up the ground and take a few marks. Tonight was probably my best game in the air. That's what I pride myself on."

The Age

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3519 on: August 18, 2020, 09:31:53 PM »
Was really impressed in helping us steady the ship in the 3rd quarter. His days of bagging 50 in a season might be over but I would always want a fit Riewoldt in the team if we’re pushing for a flag

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3520 on: August 19, 2020, 12:57:46 PM »
Was really impressed in helping us steady the ship in the 3rd quarter. His days of bagging 50 in a season might be over but I would always want a fit Riewoldt in the team if we’re pushing for a flag

He’s averaged 4 shots per match and 3 goals per game the past 3 weeks. I reckon he can still kick 50 a year
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3521 on: August 19, 2020, 01:35:09 PM »

He’s averaged 4 shots per match and 3 goals per game the past 3 weeks. I reckon he can still kick 50 a year

Might take him half a year to get going but that's fine by me.

Desperately hoping he gets to 300/700.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3522 on: August 29, 2020, 01:49:34 PM »
Jason Dunstall rips into Jack Riewoldt over "disrepectful" shot.

source: Foxsports article

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3523 on: September 11, 2020, 03:20:07 PM »
Jack becomes an AFL life member tonight (300 AFL sanctioned matches).

278* premiership games
19 preseason games
1 state of origin match
2 international rules matches

:clapping

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3524 on: September 11, 2020, 05:49:05 PM »
GO JACK!!!!!