Author Topic: Daniel Jackson [merged]  (Read 45865 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Daniel Jackson [merged]
« Reply #780 on: July 14, 2013, 09:56:19 AM »
24 touches and 2 goals while keeping the worlds best afl footballer to his second lowest possie count and goalless.
If he plays that well every week, we can build a bronze statue of him outside Punt Rd Oval.
In the meantime, if he can hold his level to 2013 standards with the odd big game - ie yesterday - when we need it - great.
He won us the game yesterday
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #781 on: July 14, 2013, 10:06:00 AM »
he said in the press conference last night that he he has being doing a lot of one on one work on his kicking and decision making.
its starting to show
Just shows you can develop players at any time in their career. All you need is the resources and effort!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #782 on: July 14, 2013, 11:25:51 AM »
I noted that in the press conference Jacko said something like ..... "it stands me in good stead for the rest of my career, ..... however long that lasts".  He didn't seem particularly happy when he said it.  I wonder if that has anything to do with contract discussions?

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #783 on: July 14, 2013, 11:33:43 AM »
Deserves a lot of credit for his game. Kept us in the game. Well done to him.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #784 on: July 14, 2013, 12:14:10 PM »
With his current form he is entitled to ask for 3 years on decent $$$ but we shouldn't be stupid enough to give it to him. As good as he has been he could revert to his ass form at any time.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #785 on: July 14, 2013, 12:23:10 PM »
With his current form he is entitled to ask for 3 years on decent $$$ but we shouldn't be stupid enough to give it to him. As good as he has been he could revert to his ass form at any time.

:yep

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #786 on: July 14, 2013, 09:59:02 PM »
6. Daniel Jackson has become an offensive threat

No longer a pure lockdown tagger, the Richmond midfielder can hurt his opponent the other way as he demonstrated on Saturday night, taking the points in his battle with Brownlow medallist Gary Ablett. Jackson had 24 possessions at Cazalys Stadium, including a game-high eight clearances and two goals in a best-on-ground performance. While Ablett still finished with 26 possessions, it was a below-par performance for the star midfielder. The key to Jackson's recent development has been shaking hamstring tendonitis and doing extra work on his disposal efficiency and decision making. – Nathan Schmook 

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-14/nine-things-we-learned-round-16

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #787 on: July 14, 2013, 10:37:01 PM »
Trade him now

Has value

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #788 on: July 14, 2013, 11:00:37 PM »
When the going was tough Chaplin was huge

Had an opponent on the last line and beat him. Often.

I'm thrilled with Chaplin and think his composure is a huge positive for us. But at 195cm and 98kg he's hardly a boy and yesterday he played spare and manhandled a few kids.

Jackson played against the best player the AFL has seen for a good decade or more to be conservative, and beat him too.

Reckon Chaplins "composure" is a tad overrated

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #789 on: July 15, 2013, 12:57:54 PM »
Well I bagged the boy but he done real good, Well done Dan, one of his best efforts and probably BOG  in that he shut down the Golden Child

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #790 on: July 15, 2013, 01:01:42 PM »
I noted that in the press conference Jacko said something like ..... "it stands me in good stead for the rest of my career, ..... however long that lasts".  He didn't seem particularly happy when he said it.  I wonder if that has anything to do with contract discussions?

Muscles ask Kim Hagdorn. He will be able to answer your question with absolute certainty!  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #791 on: July 15, 2013, 07:03:54 PM »
Fit Jackson firing

By richmondfc.com.au
Monday, July 15, 2013

Valuable Richmond midfielder Daniel Jackson is reaping the rewards of a return to full fitness this year.

Jackson, who battled a nagging hamstring problem for a couple of years, is in career-best form in season 2013, averaging 21.4 disposals per match and figuring prominently in several key on-field categories at the Club.

He is ranked No. 4 for total disposals, No. 3 for contested possessions, No. 2 for inside-50 entries and No. 1 for tackles.

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-07-15/fit-jackson-firing

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #792 on: July 15, 2013, 07:24:48 PM »
did you hear that kevin shedy?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #793 on: July 22, 2013, 04:00:14 AM »

gerkin greg

« Reply #794 on: July 22, 2013, 10:15:41 AM »
i remember years ago i said this bloke should have been captain

when i got out of rehab the first time i'd changed my mind but he's having a good year  :cheers