Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 269912 times)

tony_montana

Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #2130 on: July 26, 2016, 04:49:31 PM »
We lost badly so we're news again.

* Hutchy reckons, given our tough draw in the last 5 rounds, Dimma is in trouble as far as keeping his job. He reckons 7 years is a long time for no finals wins and he would move Hardwick on.

* Caro said the review is still ongoing and the Club wants to pressure Dimma into making tough calls on assistants, fitness staff and recruiters. She believes the Club will give Dimma another year but agreed with Hutchy that he isn't safe.

Caro also said that Richmond hasn't had one good win all year.

* Lloyd said Richmond became a rabble towards the end of the game. He showed some examples of Hawthorn forwards marking long balls uncontested. Lloyd would keep Dimma on purely because we've invested so much time into him and Richmond has a history of sacking coaches. Caro chipped in and said that's no true, Matthew. Spud got 5 years, Wallace 5 years and 7 years for Dimma. The period of Richmond sacking coaches was back in the 80s and early 90s.

What type of organisation needs to make a "plan" to force the coach to make decisions by upping the pressure. LMAO.

I know - sounds like amateur hour. The footy director should be sacking them anyway

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2131 on: July 26, 2016, 05:46:28 PM »
maybe it is the football director who should be replaced, everyone likes blaming the bloke who negotiates the contracts, but there doesnt seem to be too much said about the bloke that resides at the top of the football dept?

...and the coach doesnt hire and fire recruiters, surely?

Caro is just queefing
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2132 on: July 26, 2016, 08:45:35 PM »
football director.. We dont have one?  Dan richardson is as close as you can get.

Caro asked Gail last week on radio why we  dont have one and he said we chose not to like other clubs have done so.

I do think half the problem is not entirely with dimwit, rather the people on top of him that allowed this football department to virtually go unchanged in 5 years.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2133 on: July 26, 2016, 08:54:38 PM »
isn't that tony frees role?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2134 on: July 26, 2016, 09:22:00 PM »
RFC commercial strategy. When in a hole, keep digging.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2135 on: July 26, 2016, 09:46:55 PM »
Dan Richardson's official title is General Manager of Football

...for everyone apparently too lazy to perform the simple task of looking it up at the club website:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/club/about/staff-members

The Board:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/club/about/the-board
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2136 on: July 26, 2016, 10:13:32 PM »
So we're gonna let Hardwick do the sacking hey?  What a pathetic small minded amateur club we are.
After reading Leon Davies facebook pages (which he has now removed) makes me think that anyone who thinks he is the way forward is small minded too......

What's this got to do with anything?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2137 on: July 26, 2016, 10:26:04 PM »
isn't that tony frees role?

No

And I think it was asked by Caro or even on here why he isn't and the response was as I said

Club chose not to have a football director, much like a few other clubs

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2138 on: July 27, 2016, 03:17:18 AM »
Forgot to say Caro said we were a club who could afford to payout a coach with two years still left on his contract.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #2139 on: July 27, 2016, 08:42:49 AM »
We lost badly so we're news again.

* Hutchy reckons, given our tough draw in the last 5 rounds, Dimma is in trouble as far as keeping his job. He reckons 7 years is a long time for no finals wins and he would move Hardwick on.

* Caro said the review is still ongoing and the Club wants to pressure Dimma into making tough calls on assistants, fitness staff and recruiters. She believes the Club will give Dimma another year but agreed with Hutchy that he isn't safe.

Caro also said that Richmond hasn't had one good win all year.

* Lloyd said Richmond became a rabble towards the end of the game. He showed some examples of Hawthorn forwards marking long balls uncontested. Lloyd would keep Dimma on purely because we've invested so much time into him and Richmond has a history of sacking coaches. Caro chipped in and said that's no true, Matthew. Spud got 5 years, Wallace 5 years and 7 years for Dimma. The period of Richmond sacking coaches was back in the 80s and early 90s.

What type of organisation needs to make a "plan" to force the coach to make decisions by upping the pressure. LMAO.

Correct Ox.  They really are struggling down there.  They're handing over the axe to the guy who is mostly responsible for where we are at.  So what happens when we bring in new assistants?  Hardwick has to teach them the Richmond Way from scratch.  Shuffling deck chairs.  Anything to avoid making anyone accountable.  RFC - stuck in a time warp.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2140 on: July 27, 2016, 09:03:09 AM »
Forgot to say Caro said we were a club who could afford to payout a coach with two years still left on his contract.

Our hard earned membership dollars at work. Alot of people have to scrounge to rake up the cash.

But stuff putting this money into development and recruitment - its there to pay out blokes if wrong decisions are made.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2141 on: July 27, 2016, 12:05:20 PM »
I consider paying out Halstep to be the best investment into development and recruitment we can make at this stage....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2142 on: August 15, 2016, 08:19:10 PM »
Caro, Hutchy, Barrett & Lloyd just spoke about our loss on the weekend.

First was a graphic with our marks per quarter vs Geelong showing the drop off in the last quarter:

Q1   37
Q2   31
Q3   35
Q4   19

Caro says Dimma's praise of Dangerfield and Selwood in the post-match presser was a clear backhander to our leaders for going missing. Especially, Cotchin who went into his shell.

Barrett criticised Hardwick instead for not making any moves unlike Chris Scott switching Taylor and Henderson forward. He said it was "a terrible coaching performance". A team is coming back from 6 goals down at 3/4 time and you don't change anything to try and stop it. Barrett said Dimma has a history of losing games by being run over and now he's got losing the unloseable game to his name.

Lloyd blamed the players. You can't do much as coach when the opposition is dominating the clearances and the scoring shots are 15 to 1. Caro agreed saying you knew a couple minutes into the last quarter what was going to happen.

Lloyd in good call/bad call said Richmond and Cate Campbell have something in common - they both choked. Barrett replied good call.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2143 on: August 15, 2016, 09:56:58 PM »
Barrett  :clapping
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2144 on: August 15, 2016, 10:27:32 PM »
Caro, Hutchy, Barrett & Lloyd just spoke about our loss on the weekend.

Lloyd blamed the players.

Three journos and one former play and only one blames the players. Shows some of these journos are clueless

Disclaimer: yes Dimma was also woeful