Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 269954 times)

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #2145 on: August 16, 2016, 11:28:35 AM »
Its the game plan.  Our game plan only marginally works if the opposition team allow a loose player in defense.

As soon as they go man on man, we are stuffed.  Without a free player, there is no overlap and no easy chip chip passes to grind the ball forward.  We were forced to go long the last quarter.

If we had the best list in the AFL, we would struggle with this game plan.  What amazes me is Geelong allowed us so much freedom in the first three quarters.  They had too many dud talls.  It was Richmond like.

As soon as the opposition tighten up, its game over.  As many people have said on here, there is no Plan B.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #2146 on: August 16, 2016, 11:40:20 AM »
Its the game plan.  Our game plan only marginally works if the opposition team allow a loose player in defense.

As soon as they go man on man, we are stuffed.  Without a free player, there is no overlap and no easy chip chip passes to grind the ball forward.  We were forced to go long the last quarter.

If we had the best list in the AFL, we would struggle with this game plan.  What amazes me is Geelong allowed us so much freedom in the first three quarters.  They had too many dud talls.  It was Richmond like.

As soon as the opposition tighten up, its game over.  As many people have said on here, there is no Plan B.

Quality posting.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2147 on: August 22, 2016, 01:22:55 PM »
Will the Tigers play finals in 2017 like Damien Hardwick suggests?

#9FootyClassified, TONIGHT 8.40pm on @9Go!

https://twitter.com/FootyClassified/status/767551254796972032

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2148 on: August 22, 2016, 01:40:30 PM »
Plan B = Plan L
L=Lose

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2149 on: August 22, 2016, 03:50:40 PM »
Will the Tigers play finals in 2017 like Damien Hardwick suggests?

#9FootyClassified, TONIGHT 8.40pm on @9Go!

https://twitter.com/FootyClassified/status/767551254796972032

So much better on an earlier time slot. I normally fall asleep on the couch only to find the show finished and me having a sore neck  :lol
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2150 on: August 22, 2016, 08:39:38 PM »
I just hate 10.30 time slots these days. I'm too old.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2151 on: August 22, 2016, 08:41:55 PM »
If anything is coming out of footy classified and Caro's comments is they know the truth but won't out it out there publicly because it harms the players and that's only smart. As much as we whinge and moan you have to be blind Freddy not to read between the lines in what Hardwick says.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2152 on: August 22, 2016, 09:33:38 PM »
Lloyd got stuck into Dusty and Dimma tonight.

On Dusty, he was needlessly playing on blindly too much on the weekend and continually turned the ball over.

Then on the team as a whole, Lloyd said while some errors on the weekend were a result of the players, many of errors and turnovers were a direct result of the gamestyle Richmond is playing - overpossessing the ball. Lloyd showed vision of a number of examples he blamed on the gamestyle and hence Hardwick. Lloyd wants to see Dimma change and be a coach that was more like the player he played alongside who was ruthless and relentless.

They also spoke about us needing to rebuild our list and start again, but us going after Prestia was at odds to this and was more in line with backing Hardwick and his comments about us rebounding quickly and making finals next year.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2153 on: August 22, 2016, 09:36:26 PM »
Dirty and average
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2154 on: August 24, 2016, 03:51:49 PM »
Lloyd got stuck into Dusty and Dimma tonight.

On Dusty, he was needlessly playing on blindly too much on the weekend and continually turned the ball over.

Then on the team as a whole, Lloyd said while some errors on the weekend were a result of the players, many of errors and turnovers were a direct result of the gamestyle Richmond is playing - overpossessing the ball. Lloyd showed vision of a number of examples he blamed on the gamestyle and hence Hardwick. Lloyd wants to see Dimma change and be a coach that was more like the player he played alongside who was ruthless and relentless.

They also spoke about us needing to rebuild our list and start again, but us going after Prestia was at odds to this and was more in line with backing Hardwick and his comments about us rebounding quickly and making finals next year.

The plan is to top up the playing list.  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2155 on: August 29, 2016, 10:50:34 PM »
Caro said Club review mainly over concerns over 4 issues:

* Development.
* Recruiting.
* Coaching decisions.
* Overall Footy dept. decisions.

Lloyd said Hardwick is delusional if he believes that list can make finals in 2017.

They replayed all the mixed messages coming out of the Club over the season.

Caro said Hardwick is only still there because he's contracted for two more years. It was the wrong decision to extend his contract by two years as he won't be there in 12 months time anyway if Richmond has another poor year. If he had only one year left it would be more economical to sack him now given the loss of members and supporters to games. Hutchy said that's not out of the question yet. However, Caro believes since Peggy O'Neal was so emphatic Dimma would coach in 2017 that he won't be sacked.

Barrett still pushing the Jack could leave Richmond barrow tonight. When they replayed Jack's comments bagging Barrett as dishonest journalism and an example

of modern media no longer reporting news but lighting the fire and hoping to see what smoke appaears, Barrett exclaimed "It's only opinion, Jack!" :rolleyes

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2156 on: August 30, 2016, 12:46:35 AM »
Caro said Club review mainly over concerns over 4 issues:

* Development.
* Recruiting.
* Coaching decisions.
* Overall Footy dept. decisions.

So basically on field we are stuffed? Geez I think even the beeper in here could have come to that conclusion

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2157 on: August 30, 2016, 03:31:31 PM »
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2158 on: June 12, 2017, 09:39:53 PM »
Bucks delivered a well deserved backhander to blobbo.

Blobbo calledFasolo up to aopologise and ask him for an intrview at the same time.

What a guy!!
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2159 on: June 12, 2017, 09:45:47 PM »
Bucks delivered a well deserved backhander to blobbo.

Blobbo calledFasolo up to aopologise and ask him for an intrview at the same time.

What a guy!!

On Ch7's Talking Footy, they said it was a letter, he wrote a letter and asked for an interview

That's gutter journalism at its absolute best
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)