Author Topic: Plough says he's going to play the kids  (Read 5888 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: Plough says he's going to play the kids
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 10:50:01 PM »

terry has been listening to me and reading my signature!!
stick to ur word terry
against geelong we wanna see
polo, jack, cleve, jon, meyer, casserley, connors, patto and the current kids in the squad all playing!!!

Lucky he has stopped listening to you about Krak :whistle

if u read some of my other posts on other threads you would have read that i was ok with krak being dropped.  but  terry must not use krak as a scapegoat , its now time to also drop petticoat, tuck, tiv, gas also

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 10:18:50 AM »
Not disagreeing with you X, but who would you have in Gaspar's place?

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 10:53:37 AM »

Anyone besides Gaspar  ;D

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 11:01:20 AM »
If Terry keeps to his word then it is about bloody time.
If I was a selector the team would be.

B: Raines, Thursfield, McGuane
HB: JON, Polak, J Bowden
C: Polo, Foley, Edwards
HF: Pettifer, Richo, Meyer
F: Hughes, Schulz, Brown (if fit) otherwise Krak
Foll: Simmo, Lids, Tambo
Int: Newman, Connors, Riewoldt, Hyde

Whether we win or not will be a win-win situation IMO because we will be fast-tracking the development of the kids.
If we win more than we lose the rest of the comp will be sh!tting themselves
If we lose more than we win we get some good draft picks.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 11:21:30 AM »
Forgot about Thursfield. 

letsgetiton!

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2007, 01:10:01 PM »

while we are waiting for thursfield to get fit, we can play moore down back, his was in the best at coburg level.
now that polak will own a key position post in defence if moore is not an option we have joel bowden, its not lik egaspar gets the top notch forwards, foe eg, joel played on fev and did a great job, joel played on rocca, joel played on johnson. the only big player gas has played on was an injured hall and lynch, and lynch owned gas and gas was lucky hall was injured

so play joel and polak as our 2 kpp in defence until thursfeild is ready to free up joel

i look at it this was

we have ... joel, polak, mguane, moore, newman, raines who should be our back since 4 the time being, we have sugar, lids, king, etc who can rotate through the back line also also

gas should not be getting a game in defence above these players, we have no room for gas in our team, we are meant to be moving fwd

just my opinion

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2007, 02:06:55 PM »
My philosophy is while we’re in this situation, put more kids in and keep playing them until we get things right.

The situation TW is confronted with is not an easy one.  It does take time to bring through young players and you don’t want to throw them in the deep end when they’re clearly not ready for the big time.  But, are we just supposed to sit and wait for the future to arrive, before we see evidence that things can and will change in the future?

The reason I ask is because, for those players who do get the opportunity to play senior footy now, how does this generation get to make their mark if they’re not in the driver’s seat?  How can you ever engender a different and better culture amongst players if the past is driving the future?  Sure they have a lot to learn, but how does that promote and instill confidence in players coming through now?

In a nutshell, how does the current approach make it possible for the now and next generation to feel they are being shown faith in and that what they have to offer the team is good enough, given their level of experience and that it’s ok, necessary even, to make mistakes, if you’re prepared to learn from them?

Rightly or wrongly, it seems to me that TW’s greatest strength is in implementing a game plan, and planning for the future.  The question is, does this approach allow us to see something different from players that’s not just based on following instructions and sticking to the game plan?  Not sticking the boots in, just asking the question.

As I’ve said numerous times before, it can’t always be the coach’s fault, or down to the coach to do it all.  Somewhere, somehow, RFC has to recognise that coaches don’t necessarily have all the tools that go to making a successful team.  When they stop thinking this is the case then we might finally get somewhere.  Other clubs know that and work with their coach to ensure they have all areas covered.

If these bases are already covered then what concerns me is that, because TW places so much emphasis on the game plan, and whatever else, I wonder how players can bring anything more to a game than what’s been drummed into them?  This sort of approach only goes skin deep and can only bring limited results.

If any of this is mildly the case then there needs to be some depth added from somewhere, because as things are, where’s the faith in the players and the freedom for them to play to their strengths and even enjoy what they’re doing?  And how do players ever get to feel that it’s their efforts, and not the game plan, that brings them results?  How do they develop confidence in themselves and their teammates if it’s the game plan that brings results anyway?  And how and when are the effects able to flow on to players coming through now, which can help them develop into good team players?

So many questions, so few answers.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007, 06:50:50 PM »
By next year and definitely by the start of 2009 the leadership positions need to be passed to the next generation and the usual senior turnover culprits moved on. We still need another cleanout before we can truly move forward. Before that we want to see the young guys in their 3rd/4th/5th years take control and show they can actually finish off games that we have failed to win this year. Those that can will build the long-term core for the next decade. Those that can't will be replaced by those yet to be drafted.

Despite being our own worst enemy with dumb turnovers we've been in every game until close to the end. So there has been improvement with a younger side and they've shown they can play top footy at times. What we need to demand is they turn a quarter or half of top footy into a full game. So it's just not crossing our fingers in hope and waiting for the young guys to come through but also demanding they strive for and reach an excellence that their senior teammates have failed to reach.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline The Glove

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2007, 07:44:17 PM »

while we are waiting for thursfield to get fit, we can play moore down back, his was in the best at coburg level.
now that polak will own a key position post in defence if moore is not an option we have joel bowden, its not lik egaspar gets the top notch forwards, foe eg, joel played on fev and did a great job, joel played on rocca, joel played on johnson. the only big player gas has played on was an injured hall and lynch, and lynch owned gas and gas was lucky hall was injured

so play joel and polak as our 2 kpp in defence until thursfeild is ready to free up joel

i look at it this was

we have ... joel, polak, mguane, moore, newman, raines who should be our back since 4 the time being, we have sugar, lids, king, etc who can rotate through the back line also also

gas should not be getting a game in defence above these players, we have no room for gas in our team, we are meant to be moving fwd

just my opinion

Disagree X,  maybe someone should ask Luke Mcguane if he likes having GAS in the side.  Luke was thrown to the wolves last year and asked to play key defensive positions against Swans and Eagles and was made to look ordinary and we lost by a combined total of over two hundred points.  This year GAS played in the corresponding games and took the respective match ups of Hall and Lynch.  Mcguane can develop without the pressure of matching up on the gorillas.  Do you realy want to Zac Dawson the kid.

GAS is in his last year - but contrary to your statements still pulls his weight from a negating point of view.  He had had 12 goals kicked against him in his last 9 games.  Will be needed against Geelong's talls and may get a touch up , but better he get the big job and possible touch up  than Luke at this stage -you can see the confidence rise in Luke each week - He needs more credits in his confidence bank before being charged with the responsibility of the biggest jobs.

BTW GAS plays on who TW tells him too - and if he had played on Fev and Rocca in the last quarter of those respective games we may in fact  have done better.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 08:02:35 PM »

i look at it this was

just my opinion

Disagree X,  maybe someone should ask Luke Mcguane if he likes having GAS in the side.  Luke was thrown to the wolves last year and asked to play key defensive positions against Swans and Eagles and was made to look ordinary and we lost by a combined total of over two hundred points.  This year GAS played in the corresponding games and took the respective match ups of Hall and Lynch.  Mcguane can develop without the pressure of matching up on the gorillas.  Do you realy want to Zac Dawson the kid.

GAS is in his last year - but contrary to your statements still pulls his weight from a negating point of view.  He had had 12 goals kicked against him in his last 9 games.  Will be needed against Geelong's talls and may get a touch up , but better he get the big job and possible touch up  than Luke at this stage -you can see the confidence rise in Luke each week - He needs more credits in his confidence bank before being charged with the responsibility of the biggest jobs.

BTW GAS plays on who TW tells him too - and if he had played on Fev and Rocca in the last quarter of those respective games we may in fact  have done better.

gas is hopeless and i disagree with you. and why even mention last yr, last yr mguane was lighter, coming of a previous yr where iirc severely broke his arm. last yr is last yr and this yr is this yr. this yr luke is heavier, has another pre season under his belt, has improved on his skills. gas still hasnt improved his skill in over 10 yrs! if gas played in that game v sydney we would have lost by 200 points.
the only player gas has really beaten this yr is a slow, mentally screwed big red whitnall.
we dont need gas continually screwing up in defence.

we also have another option. and its not as left feild as some may think.
we can throw jay in defence as was once intended.

lets say jack comes in and playes well, and cleve holds his spot and richo stays up fwd, why not throw jay down back, he will be far better and more intense than gaspar.

gaspar should now stay home and play mummy, we would be better off if his wife was our fb!

Offline The Glove

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2007, 08:13:51 PM »
Well you know what they say - opinions are like ar$eholes - everyone has one.

BTW I think Gaspar's disposal efficiency is better than the 'silky skilled' Krakour as is his goal kicking accuracy.  No wonder they finally got rid of Krak.  At least GAS beats his man and has some pace even after the knee reco!

Offline The Glove

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2007, 08:25:09 PM »

gas is hopeless and i disagree with you. and why even mention last yr, last yr mguane was lighter, coming of a previous yr where iirc severely broke his arm. last yr is last yr and this yr is this yr. this yr luke is heavier, has another pre season under his belt, has improved on his skills. gas still hasnt improved his skill in over 10 yrs! if gas played in that game v sydney we would have lost by 200 points.
the only player gas has really beaten this yr is a slow, mentally screwed big red whitnall.
we dont need gas continually screwing up in defence.

we also have another option. and its not as left feild as some may think.
we can throw jay in defence as was once intended.

lets say jack comes in and playes well, and cleve holds his spot and richo stays up fwd, why not throw jay down back, he will be far better and more intense than gaspar.

gaspar should now stay home and play mummy, we would be better off if his wife was our fb!

Why !!!

Why would you throw a guy who we are developing at FF down back - just to plug a hole.  How does that help our spine development.

Why when Luke is coming along nicley do you want to Zac Dawson him.

With those two decisions alone you could be prejudicing the development of our ff and running defensive tall in years to come.

Willy T is earmarked as another negating tall - Lets give him time to recover and develop - lets stick to our structure.

By all means bring in JR - but if we swap around the team every week depending on the frustration of fans we will never get anywhere!

GAS is still the best negating tall we have and he should play - while Mcguane, Moore and Willy T aquire the necessary experience and confidence to hopefully take the next step

letsgetiton!

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2007, 08:31:09 PM »

Why !!!

Why would you throw a guy who we are developing at FF down back - just to plug a hole.  How does that help our spine development.

Why when Luke is coming along nicley do you want to Zac Dawson him.

With those two decisions alone you could be prejudicing the development of our ff and running defensive tall in years to come.

Willy T is earmarked as another negating tall - Lets give him time to recover and develop - lets stick to our structure.

By all means bring in JR - but if we swap around the team every week depending on the frustration of fans we will never get anywhere!

GAS is still the best negating tall we have and he should play - while Mcguane, Moore and Willy T aquire the necessary experience and confidence to hopefully take the next step

dont you understand english, i have never said give luke the big bastar ds, i said in a previopu post to play polak and joel on the key forwards til thursty is ready!!!
i never said play luke on the monsters!!!!!!!!! and dawson him!!!

joel plays the monsters better than gas!!! joel has beaten fev, has beaten j brown etc etc

gas is hopeless and holding us back!

polak and joel are the ones til the other develop.

if u think gas is the answer you have no idea!

Offline The Glove

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2007, 09:13:48 PM »

joel plays the monsters better than gas!!! joel has beaten fev, has beaten j brown etc etc

gas is hopeless and holding us back!

polak and joel are the ones til the other develop.

if u think gas is the answer you have no idea!

Look Im not going to bag Joel - because he plays above his weight in some of the defensive tasks he has been given - but in the Carlton and Collingwood game when the ball came in quick and high in the last qaurter of each game he was exposed by Fev and Rocca.  It was a mistake by Wallace in his match ups.

Trying to be as polite as possible -  your comment that Joel plays the monsters better than GAS is without any foundation based on fact.

GAS is clearly a better negater than Joel - the decison to have Joel at FB is based on the offensive drive he can generate and depending on match ups can be a very good move - for instance he matches up well on Brad Johnson.

Without querying your tactical acumen  - why not expolit rather than restrict what Polak can offer  - if Polak had played on Lynch on the wekend for example - we would have lost his drive at CHB and sacrificied a creative option to perform a more negating role.

I have great hope for Willy T - who has displayed signs that he can be an exceptional negater with the bonus of compused and assured distribution from the back.  Mcguane is developing nicely but is still in my view a third tall.  Moore also looks to be improving and could step up as a key back.  Look its likely there will soon be a  tipping point when Will and Moore are knocking the door down so that Gaspar is no longer the most viable option at FB.  IMO we have not reached that point at this moment in time.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 09:08:08 AM »
lets pray to the footy gods that within the next 1-5 weeks we will see the last of that overrated, overpayed ,underskilled ,lack of heart, uninterested ,pathetic excuse of a player called gaspar!