Author Topic: Plough says he's going to play the kids  (Read 5875 times)

Offline The Glove

• Future Richmond star
Re: Plough says he's going to play the kids
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2007, 09:27:42 AM »
lets pray to the footy gods that within the next 1-5 weeks we will see the last of that overrated, overpayed ,underskilled ,lack of heart, uninterested ,pathetic excuse of a player called gaspar!

Thats a really silly post X, especially the overrated bit - made me laugh!

Always amazes me how internet warriors make these statments about dual all australian players and best and fairest winners. He has played on and beaten the majority of the games key forwards for a decade and held our defence together between 1996 and 2003.

X if you want to do some research on the subject why dont you find out our points against in the first half of 2003 when GAS was playing (and in probably career best form) and our points against the second half of 2003 when after he did his knee or tell us how we went in 2004 with Gaspar at about 15% and struggling.

Not as good after the reco but still our best option as a negating tall for the time being.  Hopefully Willy T reaches his potential.  I just hope some posters dont savage the kid if his knee injury has diminished his capabilities significantly and start to "gasparise' him.

I undertsand goldfish have a very limited concentration span and very short memory span.  Our team is the tigers - maybe we as supporters should be called the goldfish.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2007, 09:43:13 AM »
lets pray to the footy gods that within the next 1-5 weeks we will see the last of that overrated, overpayed ,underskilled ,lack of heart, uninterested ,pathetic excuse of a player called gaspar!

Thats a really silly post X, especially the overrated bit - made me laugh!

Always amazes me how internet warriors make these statments about dual all australian players and best and fairest winners. He has played on and beaten the majority of the games key forwards for a decade and held our defence together between 1996 and 2003.

X if you want to do some research on the subject why dont you find out our points against in the first half of 2003 when GAS was playing (and in probably career best form) and our points against the second half of 2003 when after he did his knee or tell us how we went in 2004 with Gaspar at about 15% and struggling.

Not as good after the reco but still our best option as a negating tall for the time being.  Hopefully Willy T reaches his potential.  I just hope some posters dont savage the kid if his knee injury has diminished his capabilities significantly and start to "gasparise' him.

I undertsand goldfish have a very limited concentration span and very short memory span.  Our team is the tigers - maybe we as supporters should be called the goldfish.

Geez Geez, you must be darren gasoar or his lil biatch!

who gives a rats clacker what he was like in 2003,4, bla bla bla, even in tjose days he could not kick!

wake up,

its 2007 and gasper is "overrated, overpayed ,underskilled ,lack of heart, uninterested ,pathetic "

dont give me this statistic crap of how he was in 2003 4 whatever, and dont use his knee as an excuse.
tell me how good he has been in 2006 and thus far this yr.

just face reality, gaspar is no good in this day and age

that is fact!!!!

watch gaspar get torn a new one v geelong this week!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2007, 09:44:42 AM »
what makes me laugh is that u r still living in teh past and think
a/ gaspar deserved AA status and
b/ he is a quality defender in this day and age!

wake up

Offline The Glove

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2007, 01:06:50 PM »

wake up

To answer your points Malcolm X:

(a)  Clearly Gaspar deserved AA status.  He received his first in 2000, but in reality his 2000 form was probably on a par or below his 1998 and 1999 form.  AA selectors often reward players after 2 or 3 solid seasons. I thought he would have been worthy AA in either 1998 or 1999.  He was brilliant in 2001 but probably more noticeable because for once we had a midfield who got it into out forward line and put some pressure on the ball coming in.  Gaspar has been a phenomenal stopper when you consider that we have had possibly the worst midfield in the competition in the time he has played.  As an example on Saturday inside 50's were West Coast 66 Richmond 46, something we are all too familar with at RFC. If you compared Gaspar's record with say a Dustin Fletcher who has played mostly in a top 4 side and their efforts agaisnt the Carey's, Treadrea's Jon Brown and Halls of this world, you might appreciate Darren a little more;

(b)  I dont think I have said Dareen is a quality defender in this day and age; as he is pushing 31, had a knee reco and the game has changed requiring greater emphais on creating out of the backline.  I have said that he is still our best negating tall and I stand by that remark. Most side's supporters would be happy if their key defensive tall kept his opponents to an average of 1.33 goals a game in his last 9 outings.  We obviously have much higher standards at Richmond seeing we are so good and all.  BTW Big Bad Barry Hall has averaged 1 goal against Dazza last three games.  Nuff said I methinks.

I also look forward to Darren playing against the Cats - it gives me great pleasure to see a true craftsman at work - he gives away height and weight most times and usually finds a way to beat his opponent.  It will be a big ask - Otto, Tommahawk, Mooney or N Ablett?  I am also glad he will be there to help out young Lukey as Joel will be too busy faking handballs, having a couple of bounces and then turning it over hoping GAS covers his backside!

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2007, 03:16:05 PM »
Darren Gasapr has absolutely no value to our team and is in fact a complete liability.  The guy is useless and has been now for a few years.  He is too busy spread-eagled on the floor to have any positive impact.  How people can defend him is beyond me as he has the skill level of an Auskick player.  We are a man down when there is a tight congestion hardball situation in our defence as any tight handball towards Gaspar will most likely be turned over.  He is just as bad when he has time.

If we want to get fair dinkum about imrpoving as a team, Darren Gaspar needs to be sent immediately to Coburg never to return.  How are we supposed to create an attacking move out of defence when Gaspar is supposed to lend a helping hand.  He fumbles, miskicks and runs in circles.

He can't even man up on the bigger forwards anymore.  This was his bread and butter and he is not capable of doing it anymore.  He has no other strings to his bow.

As a senior player he looks disinterested, and NEVER stands up for his teamates or himself for that matter in a scuffle.  He doesn't need to stand up for himself because none of the opposition try to get under his skin becasue they know he's mentally weak.  He goes through the motions and is only there for pay day.

I can't stand him - Eff him off !!!
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

letsgetiton!

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2007, 03:59:43 PM »

wake up

To answer your points Malcolm X:

(a)  Clearly Gaspar deserved AA status.  He received his first in 2000, but in reality his 2000 form was probably on a par or below his 1998 and 1999 form.  AA selectors often reward players after 2 or 3 solid seasons. I thought he would have been worthy AA in either 1998 or 1999.  He was brilliant in 2001 but probably more noticeable because for once we had a midfield who got it into out forward line and put some pressure on the ball coming in.  Gaspar has been a phenomenal stopper when you consider that we have had possibly the worst midfield in the competition in the time he has played.  As an example on Saturday inside 50's were West Coast 66 Richmond 46, something we are all too familar with at RFC. If you compared Gaspar's record with say a Dustin Fletcher who has played mostly in a top 4 side and their efforts agaisnt the Carey's, Treadrea's Jon Brown and Halls of this world, you might appreciate Darren a little more;

(b)  I dont think I have said Dareen is a quality defender in this day and age; as he is pushing 31, had a knee reco and the game has changed requiring greater emphais on creating out of the backline.  I have said that he is still our best negating tall and I stand by that remark. Most side's supporters would be happy if their key defensive tall kept his opponents to an average of 1.33 goals a game in his last 9 outings.  We obviously have much higher standards at Richmond seeing we are so good and all.  BTW Big Bad Barry Hall has averaged 1 goal against Dazza last three games.  Nuff said I methinks.

I also look forward to Darren playing against the Cats - it gives me great pleasure to see a true craftsman at work - he gives away height and weight most times and usually finds a way to beat his opponent.  It will be a big ask - Otto, Tommahawk, Mooney or N Ablett?  I am also glad he will be there to help out young Lukey as Joel will be too busy faking handballs, having a couple of bounces and then turning it over hoping GAS covers his backside!

glove no disrespect
u either
1/ are darren gaspar
2/ his toy boy
3/ his wife in disguise

letsgetiton!

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2007, 04:01:13 PM »
Darren Gasapr has absolutely no value to our team and is in fact a complete liability.  The guy is useless and has been now for a few years.  He is too busy spread-eagled on the floor to have any positive impact.  How people can defend him is beyond me as he has the skill level of an Auskick player.  We are a man down when there is a tight congestion hardball situation in our defence as any tight handball towards Gaspar will most likely be turned over.  He is just as bad when he has time.

If we want to get fair dinkum about imrpoving as a team, Darren Gaspar needs to be sent immediately to Coburg never to return.  How are we supposed to create an attacking move out of defence when Gaspar is supposed to lend a helping hand.  He fumbles, miskicks and runs in circles.

He can't even man up on the bigger forwards anymore.  This was his bread and butter and he is not capable of doing it anymore.  He has no other strings to his bow.

As a senior player he looks disinterested, and NEVER stands up for his teamates or himself for that matter in a scuffle.  He doesn't need to stand up for himself because none of the opposition try to get under his skin becasue they know he's mentally weak.  He goes through the motions and is only there for pay day.

I can't stand him - Eff him off !!!
with u 100%

but be careful , thwe glove will be offended and be after you

he dosnt like being told teh truth about gas

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2007, 04:17:59 PM »
He is entitled to his opinion.  Just because you don't agree doesn't give you the right to make rude remarks about him.

Offline The Glove

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2007, 04:22:15 PM »
I can undertsand Harry's frustrations with Gaspar's limitations, but with the greatest respect to Harry (not the same Harry as on PRE are you?) he is simply wrong when he says that GAS no longer matches up on the big forwards.  In 7 of his last 9 games he has kept Hall (twice), Tredrea, Neitz, Darcy, Tarrant  and Whitnall to a total of 6 goals.

Lynch got three against GAS and one against Polak in the second - so that is 9 goals in 8 games.

So while respecting Harry's reasoning in relation to Gaspar's nouse with the the ball in his hands, the other part of his argument carries little weight.

I also disagree with Harry on his value to the team because I dont want Luke Mcguane or Kel Moore Zac Dawsoned at this stage but agree that they and Will T ideally should take over sooner rather than later.

As to your points Uncanny X man, (you're not Bwian are you?), my inclinations fortunately or unfortunately are not as you described and you should not concern yourself about me being offended as you will see in my posts that no offence has ever been taken.

All hail the GAS man ;D

Offline The Glove

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2007, 04:24:57 PM »
He is entitled to his opinion.  Just because you don't agree doesn't give you the right to make rude remarks about him.

X -cited - rude ...............never!  Appreciate the post about civility though - cheers Julz!

Moi

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2007, 04:31:40 PM »

I dosnt like being told teh truth about Krak

Sorry Pot, couldn't help it lol

Cheers

Kettle

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2007, 04:36:44 PM »

It's up to others to convince Plough they can do the job on the big lugs at FB. Joel can do it at CHB but not FB. Rocca carved him up. Darcy was too good for McGuane. Moore is a third tall defender who is injury prone. We don't have a fit and consistent alternative shutdowner at FB for Gas even taking into account all his deficiencies. Thursty is still an unknown coming back from a knee. We haven't seen him back in an AFL game to see if the knee has affected his pace which is what allowed him to stick with Riewoldt and give him a bath. It's Gas' last year anyway so he won't be part of 2008 and beyond anyway. We are in desparate need of recruiting/drafting another key defender or two (need a back-up as well in case of injury).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2007, 05:27:18 PM »
 In 7 of his last 9 games he has kept Hall (twice), Tredrea, Neitz, Darcy, Tarrant  and Whitnall to a total of 6 goals.

Lynch got three against GAS and one against Polak in the second - so that is 9 goals in 8 games.

So while respecting Harry's reasoning in relation to Gaspar's nouse with the the ball in his hands, the other part of his argument carries little weight.

I also disagree with Harry on his value to the team because I dont want Luke Mcguane or Kel Moore Zac Dawsoned at this stage but agree that they and Will T ideally should take over sooner rather than later.

As to your points Uncanny X man, (you're not Bwian are you?), my inclinations fortunately or unfortunately are not as you described and you should not concern yourself about me being offended as you will see in my posts that no offence has ever been taken.

All hail the GAS man ;D

NO ONE EVER SAID WE WANT TO DAWSON MOORE OR MGUANE, STICK TO THE TOPIC ! all we have said is gas has no space in our team. and until thursty is ready, polak and joel can cover key posts. if riewolt comes in and performs, we will have jack and cleve up fwd, jay and richo(possibly KK also) we also may switch richo , jay and kk in defence at times to fill holes, we dont need gaspar
and who the f is bwian

90% of teh players u mentioned above were either a/ injured when gas played on them, or unfit and distracted by outside means.

face facts gas is a hack

Ox

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2007, 06:10:00 PM »
gaspar
paycheque player
watchung him on saturday angered me

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2007, 06:24:44 PM »