Author Topic: Will Thursfield [merged]  (Read 17455 times)

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Thursfield wants out of Tigers
« Reply #255 on: October 08, 2010, 12:04:22 AM »
Thursfield to Freo will be sorted out on the weekend on done on the final day.

http://twitter.com/InsideTradeGuru

Hrmm whats the most likely pick for us if freo take him?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #256 on: October 08, 2010, 12:38:09 AM »

The papers yesterday said Freo's 2nd round pick which around the 38-46 mark depending on how many clubs use their compo picks.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #257 on: October 08, 2010, 01:37:59 AM »

The papers yesterday said Freo's 2nd round pick which around the 38-46 mark depending on how many clubs use their compo picks.

I would "SO" take that!

I think that would be a steal for us!

Take it Richmond!

Thursfield (who I still would have) is a 4th-8th Round Pick, IMO!

:pray

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #258 on: October 08, 2010, 01:55:21 AM »

If that is the case so be it. Was hoping for something in the 30's but with the compromised draft I guess we still get something. I'm hoping it is closer to 38.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Thursfield to remain a Tiger (Australian)
« Reply #259 on: October 09, 2010, 12:58:43 AM »
Contracted Richmond defender Will Thursfield will remain with the Tigers after Fremantle dropped its interest.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/blues-tigers-swap-grigg-collins/story-e6frg7mf-1225936186345

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Thursfield trade falls over and he'll remain a Tiger [merged]
« Reply #260 on: October 09, 2010, 01:17:25 AM »
Weird that the Australian is reporting this but none of the other rags have a sniff of it or the twitter twits.  This and the Collins buzz.  Wonder if it is just a poo buzz.  Hope both are lol.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Thursfield to remain a Tiger (Australian)
« Reply #261 on: October 09, 2010, 01:18:46 AM »
Contracted Richmond defender Will Thursfield will remain with the Tigers after Fremantle dropped its interest.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/blues-tigers-swap-grigg-collins/story-e6frg7mf-1225936186345

What happened?

the claw

« Reply #262 on: October 09, 2010, 01:23:50 AM »
Pelchen just said in regards to Thursfield, Hawthorn have decided not to go down that path. So the Hawks are out.
I must admit, with the benefit of hindsight, I'm very glad we didn't get Pelchen
your kidding right. pelchen or cameron i know who id take.

the claw

« Reply #263 on: October 09, 2010, 01:26:50 AM »
Pelchen just said in regards to Thursfield, Hawthorn have decided not to go down that path. So the Hawks are out.
I must admit, with the benefit of hindsight, I'm very glad we didn't get Pelchen

absolutely, prick got lucky with North taking it up the clacka dry years ago and has been living off it ever since, is ridiculously difficult to deal with and not in a positive way for the hawks, other teams dislike him and play hardball
Pelchen had nothing to do with the Nathan Thompson trade for #10 & #26 as he didn't get to the club until 2005
He did to the Jonathan Hay trade for pick #18 & Nathan Lonie to Port Adelaide for #14 which were both daylight robbery but all clubs have wised up after trades like this

Since then he's done nothing special, traded away Spida Everitt for a 2nd rounder which was pretty much expected, nothing for 2 years then traded away their first 2 rounds of picks plus Mark Williams in 2009 for Burgoyne & Gibson.

His only decent draft early selection since arriving in 2005 was Cyril Rioli.
you do realise pelchen is not a recruiting manager.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: October 09, 2010, 01:46:19 AM »

absolutely, prick got lucky with North taking it up the clacka dry years ago and has been living off it ever since, is ridiculously difficult to deal with and not in a positive way for the hawks, other teams dislike him and play hardball
Pelchen had nothing to do with the Nathan Thompson trade for #10 & #26 as he didn't get to the club until 2005
He did to the Jonathan Hay trade for pick #18 & Nathan Lonie to Port Adelaide for #14 which were both daylight robbery but all clubs have wised up after trades like this

Since then he's done nothing special, traded away Spida Everitt for a 2nd rounder which was pretty much expected, nothing for 2 years then traded away their first 2 rounds of picks plus Mark Williams in 2009 for Burgoyne & Gibson.

His only decent draft early selection since arriving in 2005 was Cyril Rioli.
you do realise pelchen is not a recruiting manager.
Hawks have been rooted in the Gibson and Hale deals.  What are you on about?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Thursfield likely to remain a Tiger (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #265 on: October 09, 2010, 11:22:17 PM »
Richmond football manager Craig Cameron says unhappy Tiger Will Thursfield appears likely to remain at Punt Rd next year.

"I don't think anything will happen with Will," Cameron said. "He is still contracted."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/chris-tarrant-in-limbo/story-fn69a32t-1225936468808

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: October 10, 2010, 12:03:09 AM »
Thursty to Freo
Tarrant to Pies
Pies Pick to Richmond

Trading with the Pies is frought with frustration. Knowing the Pies they would be offering a 5th rounder.

Spot on, the Pies are a crap group to trade with.  Generally dodge them

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #267 on: October 13, 2010, 05:42:17 PM »
Feel sorry for Thursty in a way. With others ahead of him on our list he's now likely to spend the whole of 2011 at Coburg just waiting to be delisted at the end of next year. A shame we couldn't get some trade done even if it only meant an upgrade of a late pick.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

gerkin greg

« Reply #268 on: October 13, 2010, 05:53:27 PM »
nah who knows MT, it might motivate him to put on 3kgs, get super fit over summer and announce to the young guys "if you want my spot you've got to take it from me"
with the knowledge that he needs to pull a year off the top shelf or it will most definitely be his last, i expect him to respond – at least have a real crack – i expect that from his character
stranger things have happened, like 1965 asking me out on a date, i didn't expect that but there you go, what a nice chap he turned out to be

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #269 on: October 13, 2010, 07:06:05 PM »
Will should spend the start of the season at Coburg as i don't see him in our best 22. However, with poor form and injuries undoubtedly arising at some stage he will get a chance to prove that he can still be a part of our future. I think Will is consistent... the problem is he is consistently mediocre, but maybe like Tuck last season he can respond from a situation where he thought he was gone and significantly improve on his deficiencies (size, decision making, skills).