Author Topic: Take a good look at yourself Wallace  (Read 11799 times)

Bulluss

Take a good look at yourself Wallace
« on: June 02, 2007, 10:41:13 PM »
If Terry wants to continue his senior coaching career, he had better take a good hard look at himself.

Game plan is terrible and he continues to let our players kick sideways, backwards etc etc

If this continues he will get sacked at years end, maybe even earlier.

Life goes on

Re: Take a good look at yourself Wallace
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 10:48:19 PM »
Tipping he will be gone by years end.
Plough might produce the crunch ball perhaps next week. ::)
And this is the same coach who bagged Clarkson for flooding two weeks ago, saying it was teribble ,then he goes and does the same tonite. ::)
Anybody who thinks Wallace is a good coach has little idea.
You cannot kick the ball backwards 20 metres continually and expect to win a game. Tonite was an absolute disgrace.
And any smart behind who thinks I am Wallace bashing-you really would want to think again.,       I told you all  before ROUND 1 this year .

Offline GoKent!

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 11:09:57 PM »
Take a good look at yourself Tivendale
Take a good look at yourself White
Take a good look at yourself Schulz
Take a good look at yourself Sugar the dud captain
Take a good look at yourself Tuck
Take a good look at yourself Wallace

Tigermonk

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 11:42:49 PM »
simple solution is dont watch it & dont support it
why beat yourself up every week

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 06:06:45 AM »
Most of the side is dumb. No vision, no awareness and worst of all slow thinkers.

They hold onto the ball after a mark and ignore first options in the clear. It's like they need 10 seconds think music before making a decision. So they hold onto the footy until everyone is manned up and then they're forced into short nothing kicks sideways and backwards.

We get the footy in the clear from the kick-in to a HBF and there's no one on the wing waiting for the next pass. Plough mentioned this in his press conference so players aren't following instructions or can't follow simple instructions. When there is the Tiger on the wing the teammate with the ball still holds onto the ball forever again until everyone is manned up.

When a Tiger gains clear possession from a pack goal side and he then runs back into the congestion and gets caught :banghead

Most of our forwards lead to the congested thin side when we have the ball on a HFF. If one of them went back to the goalsqaure and then lead out to the fat side they'd get a simple mark and shot on goal on a 45 degree angle.

Half our blokes in a game situation can't kick over a 40m distance through the goals on the full. They chip it like a golf chip instead of kicking through the ball.

Before the game when we were having our pre-game warm-up you can see us hit our targets and nailing goals. Once the pressure of a game is on and they don't have infinite time to think nor are allowed by the opposition to run an extra step or two, the skills and decision making go to pieces. You have to train as you play. We don't train under any physically pressure at all and it shows come gameday. Plough needs to fix this up over the preseason big time if he is too survive another year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Life goes on

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 07:35:50 AM »
Most of the side is dumb. No vision, no awareness and worst of all slow thinkers.

They hold onto the ball after a mark and ignore first options in the clear. It's like they need 10 seconds think music before making a decision. So they hold onto the footy until everyone is manned up and then they're forced into short nothing kicks sideways and backwards.

We get the footy in the clear from the kick-in to a HBF and there's no one on the wing waiting for the next pass. Plough mentioned this in his press conference so players aren't following instructions or can't follow simple instructions. When there is the Tiger on the wing the teammate with the ball still holds onto the ball forever again until everyone is manned up.

When a Tiger gains clear possession from a pack goal side and he then runs back into the congestion and gets caught :banghead

Most of our forwards lead to the congested thin side when we have the ball on a HFF. If one of them went back to the goalsqaure and then lead out to the fat side they'd get a simple mark and shot on goal on a 45 degree angle.

Half our blokes in a game situation can't kick over a 40m distance through the goals on the full. They chip it like a golf chip instead of kicking through the ball.

Before the game when we were having our pre-game warm-up you can see us hit our targets and nailing goals. Once the pressure of a game is on and they don't have infinite time to think nor are allowed by the opposition to run an extra step or two, the skills and decision making go to pieces. You have to train as you play. We don't train under any physically pressure at all and it shows come gameday. Plough needs to fix this up over the preseason big time if he is too survive another year.

MT.
You are correct.
Plough is to blame.
thank god we have only 12 rounds left of Ploughs rubbish

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 08:24:57 AM »
sheeds did the same thing to sydney

that great up and coming goal to goal line of michael 29 fletch 32 hird 34 lucas lloyd 30 had the experience to get the points

silver lining thank god we dont have sheeds as coach........finished

the dons are screwed in 2 years

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 08:30:37 AM »

MT.
You are correct.
Plough is to blame.

Plough is to blame Jack. ??? Perhaps we are all to blame

Let me see as MT said  - during the warm-up they got out there and kick throw the ball no floating floating passes. They hit targets, they practice running in numbers etc.

Then in a game situation they don't do any of those things and that's the coaches fault. Sorry that is the fault of the players who for whatever reason in the heat of battle turn to jelly. That is a player issue.

Now before you go off and say he picked the players  ::) ::) there is only so much a coach and coaches can do - a great deak of it has to be the responsibility of the player

Are you seriously telling me that it was the coaches fault that during the last quarter that there were so many turnovers - he wasn't the one kicking ithe bloody thing.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline GoKent!

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 08:39:05 AM »

MT.
You are correct.
Plough is to blame.

Let me see as MT said  - during the warm-up they got out there and kick throw the ball no floating floating passes. They hit targets, they practice running in numbers etc.

Then in a game situation they don't do any of those things and that's the coaches fault. Sorry that is the fault of the players who for whatever reason in the heat of battle turn to jelly. That is a player issue.

Now before you go off and say he picked the players  ::) ::) there is only so much a coach and coaches can do - a great deak of it has to be the responsibility of the player

Are you seriously telling me that it was the coaches fault that during the last quarter that there were so many turnovers - he wasn't the one kicking ithe bloody thing.

Our game plan and skills have not improved since Terry has been our coach, so who do we blame for that?

Bulluss

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 08:46:56 AM »

MT.
You are correct.
Plough is to blame.

I agree WP that the players must execute the game plan, but Wallace has had 3 years almost to get the players used to this game plan.

Still we cant do it, surely Wallace has to take some blame.

Only person who currently tries to run and carry is King. He will get brain washed and next year will be kicking backwards.

What a rabble.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 08:49:24 AM »
Our game plan and skills have not improved since Terry has been our coach, so who do we blame for that?

I blame them all.

The easiest thing in the world is to blame the coach - historically it is the Richmond way.  :banghead :banghead And seems sadly to me at least (and I've been floowing this team over 30 years) nothing much has changed. As yet again I see we have people calling fo the another coach to be sacked.

But coaches can only do so much. In the heat of battle it is not the coach who doesn't hit a target from 35 metres away. A coach can instruct them and instruct them but the final act is the responsibility of the player executing the skill.

I'll ask you this - is it the fault of Terry Wallace that Kent Kingsley didn't even make the distance from 35mts out in the last quarter ??? Nope that's Kent's fault because he doesn't have enough self-belief that he can kick the bloody thing.

As for saying our game plan hasn't improved - struth in the last 2 years I reckon the vast majority thought our gasme plan wasn't to shabby when we won 10 games in 2005 and 11 games in 2006. ::)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 08:55:12 AM »

Only person who currently tries to run and carry is King.
???

If anything, I think too many try to run and carry now and get into trouble.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 08:57:37 AM »
I agree WP that the players must execute the game plan, but Wallace has had 3 years almost to get the players used to this game plan.

Still we cant do it, surely Wallace has to take some blame.

Only person who currently tries to run and carry is King. He will get brain washed and next year will be kicking backwards.

What a rabble.

As I said Bull (sorry bad typo early in the morning) perhaps we are all to blame

I am not saying he shouldn't take some blame Bull but to say he should take ALL the blame is laughable IMHO.

You give me the name of one coach in the AFL, VFL, SANFL, WAFL or even the Ovens & King League that would improve things at this stage with the 1/ the injury list we've got or the actual young list we have?

John Worsfold is bloody good coach but he also has a very good list that has been developed over 5 odd years.

That's what we have to do. What we are finally doing and BTW is what everyone has been crying out for, for the last 10 years and we still aren't happy.

To be honest I am not exactly sure what it is people want or if they know what they want

:gotigers

Offline GoKent!

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 09:00:40 AM »

I blame them all.

I'll ask you this - is it the fault of Terry Wallace that Kent Kingsley didn't even make the distance from 35mts out in the last quarter ??? Nope that's Kent's fault because he doesn't have enough self-belief that he can kick the bloody thing.

As for saying our game plan hasn't improved - struth in the last 2 years I reckon the vast majority thought our gasme plan wasn't to shabby when we won 10 games in 2005 and 11 games in 2007. ::)

our game plan is a sham, and has not improved.
is it Terry's fault Go Kent cant kick 30 for goal? yes , because terry wanted him and selected him
who keeps guys like Shane tuck and gregory Chippendale in our team, terry! so who do we blame for that? who do we blame that guys like jack din not get a real chance but guys like tuck, tivs petts continually play badly and continually get games.
who do we blame terry

i may be a Sheila but i know that terry cannot coach, and its about time everyone who have been bluffed by Terry's gay tanned looks and spin wake up and realise that terry should only be coaching an under 12's team but thats how he coaches

Life goes on

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 10:03:53 AM »

I blame them all.

As for saying our game plan hasn't improved - struth in the last 2 years I reckon the vast majority thought our gasme plan wasn't to shabby when we won 10 games in 2005 and 11 games in 2007. ::)

our game plan is a sham, and has not improved.
is it Terry's fault Go Kent cant kick 30 for goal? yes , because terry wanted him and selected him
who keeps guys like Shane tuck and gregory Chippendale in our team, terry! so who do we blame for that? who do we blame that guys like jack din not get a real chance but guys like tuck, tivs petts continually play badly and continually get games.
who do we blame terry

i may be a Sheila but i know that terry cannot coach, and its about time everyone who have been bluffed by Terry's gay tanned looks and spin wake up and realise that terry should only be coaching an under 12's team but thats how he coaches

Go Kent.
I believe you are correct.
Kent Kingsley should never ever been drafted to our club.
Ask the people form Geelong, he was finished last year