Author Topic: Take a good look at yourself Wallace  (Read 11811 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Take a good look at yourself Wallace
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2007, 07:48:23 AM »
Hmmm - dunno about that.  I've only heard of 3 of them :-\

As a matter of interest, which 3 ?
Lewis, Roughead and Franklin.   And then I don't know too much about Lewis.  Franklin, everyone knows about and I'm not too sure what the go with Roughead is at the moment.  Never heard of McGlynn.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2007, 09:04:11 AM »

Many of those whilst elite youngsters are yet to be proven at senior level.
Lewis, Roughead, Franklin and Birchall have made their mark - Lewis, Franklin and Birchall are miles ahead of Deledio and Tambling
Taylor is a plodder. - So is patto, but Taylor can win hitouts
Ellis looks OK
Dowler is struggling at Box Hill
Bailey did a knee so can't say much
Muston is a freak but yet to do anything at AFL or VFL level for that matter - Connors, Meyer and Casserley
Young is OK
Gilham skinny but probably will make it
McGlyn don't rate, thinks he is much better than he actually is - He did ok yesterday, goal from 50 on the left, then one on the right

It's about time we stopped living in the fantasy world thinking the Hawks have drafted badly, they haven't.

We have either drafted badly, or have guys in charge of player development who are hopeless.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2007, 09:08:40 AM »
You forget to mention that the Hawks have also had a heap more early picks than us in the last 2 years, including priority picks. It does give them a lot of extra help when comparing our drafting over the last 2 years.

I agree that McGlynn is looking good at the moment

Apart from Ellis, Thorp and Dowler all of Hawthorns players were available to us at one point or another in the drafts.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Tigermonk

« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2007, 09:14:32 AM »
simple solution is dont watch it & dont support it
why beat yourself up every week

Well you have to ask, if that's your philosophy why do you then come here and whinge about the game etc?

why you ask ???

is because why sit and watch a game you know your not going to like & enjoy
l like footy in general & like watching professionals & champions if l'm paying for it thats why if say Richmond & Collingwood are playing & there are alot of Collingwood players out l wont go watch that game just for the sake of a win
l am paying for it buying memberships every year since 1980 which these days l buy 5
l come here to whinge cause l dont support what l see
like everyone else watching my club go down the yarra because if the players aint performing to what you coach stuffing sack them cause they dont know what league football is all about & if the coach dont perform stuffing sack him too
if any Richmond supporter can say they like what there seeing is a fool who would follow a goat off a cliff

Tigermonk

« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2007, 09:19:30 AM »
Here's a hypothetical question:  Just supposing Simmo and Browny weren't injured.  Would we still be in the hole we are in now?  The absence of these two players is really hurting us.

IMO Simmo is the catalyst of our problems. Not having him means we are getting absolutely dominated at the ruck contests

Common sence has prevailed
yes because we getting beaten in the ruck not letting our midfielders take control
but our midfielders should also learn to ruck the opposition ruck
but the main problem is we are missing our ruckmen dropping back to cut off the big forwards leads taking the saving marks like my old mate Benny Gale how l wish he was young again

Tigermonk

« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2007, 09:22:43 AM »
I find it ironic that when we were winning some games two years ago that every one was commenting on Wallace as being a genius coach, but now that we are zip-9-1 he is nothing but a complete hack

Can explain that.'His game plan has changed dramatically.. His assistants have changed.
No one here would no the extent of what David Wheedon and Steve Alessio did behind the scenes.
David Wheedon is now at geelong overseeing the coaching staff there and mentoring Bomber
And the recruiting has been poor in both types of drafts-eg Kingsley, P. Bowden ,Knobel please. ::)

them players aint been on the field jackstar so thats nowhere near the problem

Tigermonk

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2007, 09:27:39 AM »

Might just add thaht the hawks have got some great pick ups in the past 2-3 years.
Players such as Lewis, Roughead, Franklin,Taylor, Ellis, Dowler, Birchall, Bailey, Muston, Young, Gilham and McGlynn are much better in skills and are overall better talented than our picks.
You forget to mention that the Hawks have also had a heap more early picks than us in the last 2 years, including priority picks. It does give them a lot of extra help when comparing our drafting over the last 2 years.

I agree that McGlynn is looking good at the moment

:clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2007, 10:44:20 AM »
Fwoy and MT - you're right on the money with your above posts

Life goes on

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2007, 10:54:12 AM »
Hmmm - dunno about that.  I've only heard of 3 of them :-\

As a matter of interest, which 3 ?
Lewis, Roughead and Franklin.   And then I don't know too much about Lewis.  Franklin, everyone knows about and I'm not too sure what the go with Roughead is at the moment.  Never heard of McGlynn.

Never heard of McGlynn ::)  He is a gun, kicked 3 goals yesterday
Birchall is real good,
Taylor great in the ruck yesterday

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2007, 12:14:34 PM »
No - never heard of him.  Don't think he's rated a mention this far north.  But then I don't really care about the Hawks.

Tigermonk:  you said simple solution, don't watch it, don't support it.  Fair enough.  If I know we've lost a game, which I've taped I don't bother watching it.  Why torture yourself?  But you went and watched the replay, thereby torturing yourself.  This I don't understand.  It contradicts what you said.  You are definitely sound like X - "I buy some many memberships" - who cares?  It's not about big noting yourself but supporting your club.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2007, 12:46:59 PM »
I'm with Julz, I think the dawkers have done OK in their recruiting but I just dont give a stuff about them ... My focus is with the Richmond side.

As allready mentioned Hawthorn have more of a core of experienced players playing with the young guys.

First thing I must say is I never really expected Wallace to be able to fix our list in a couple of years from where we were at.
Will be able to make a judgement when the 5 year mark is hit and dont really think changing coaches is going to change anything at all for the positive of the club.

Second take the Ruck options and the Best forward out of most of the teams in the AFL and performances are going to diminish at any club, moreso ours as we have young guys that really miss this experience and leadership, wheras some clubs are able to cover these better they would still be affected albeit to a lesser degree.

I can understand some points some make about Wallace, but also see personal agendas interfering with perceptions of his performance also.

Point in question being one B Deledio ... I have said before I beleive his best spot and where he will play  the majority of his football for the club willl be in the midfield, but ATM he mayaswell be gaining experience in other areas to make him a more complete footballer in the long term and when we become a good side he will be able to cover position as/when required to win games of football.

I am not saying we are going to storm into the 8 next year but we aren't as far off as some people like to make out .... and FFS cant some people just support the club otherwise if you h8 what you see so much go follow someone else fickle frockers  :banghead

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2007, 01:14:09 PM »
Hey Jack - guess who made a mention in today's paper :lol

Life goes on

« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2007, 02:13:55 PM »
Hey Jack - guess who made a mention in today's paper :lol

Who? McGlynn ?

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2007, 03:11:09 PM »
I feel a little like the average joe bloe whos car wont start. I look under hood and see lots of things that could be the casue of the problem but becasue I am not a mechanic or work in the industry I just don't know for sure what is wrong. All I know is that the dam thing wont go.

Now it been a long time (27 years) since my car has won a race. All I realy want is for somebody (anybdoy) to tune it and make it go becasue I realy love this car and want to be competitive with it. Maybe the car needs to be pulled apart (again) and rebuilt but maybe is just a matter of fine tuning. Please sombody not just tell me what wrong but fix it.

:gotigers please
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2007, 03:32:37 PM »
FT,

It's real cold at the moment and you forgot to put antifreeze (Troy Simmonds and Nathan Brown) into the radiator.

You're going to have to wait until the temperature warms up a bit (the young players get more experienced and Simmo and Brown (and Cogs for that matter) are fit again) and then the engine will start.

In future I suggest you make sure the anti-freeze is there (better list management so you can afford certain injuries) and the car will start in all conditions.

The car will start soon.  It might kangaroo jump (have some inconsistent performance) for a little while.  But soon enough it will strat running smoothly.  Just get the anti-freeze (balanced list) in there.