Author Topic: Take a good look at yourself Wallace  (Read 11818 times)

Moi

Re: Take a good look at yourself Wallace
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2007, 04:34:49 PM »
FT,

Or you could get a old woman to fix it - Richo to kick a bag this week lol

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2007, 04:36:18 PM »
What? Goals or the old woman?
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Moi

« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2007, 04:38:02 PM »

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2007, 07:03:22 PM »
Those that talk the most think they are always right...actually they are just reptititive.

WHO is the messiah that will take on the Richmond job? Especially with the knowledge that there are numerous people waiting in the wings to bitch and moan and stab them in the back the instant they make a mistake. Bitterness smothers almost everything written on this board sometimes.  :whistle

I agree that some posts show bitterness, however, just because Richmond had a history of sacking coaches in the 80's willy nilly doesn't mean that todays coaches shouldn't be exempt from criticism.
I mean heck Spud got 5 years, probably 2 more than he deserved because the administration pleaded with the supporters to leave coaches alone to do their job, we did that, (well until a certain Adelaide game anyway) and look where it got us. Add to that the fact that Wallace is on around $600,000 per year, which is around about twice as much as the Prime Minister gets, so there is no reason that he should not be under the same scrunity as Johnny Howard, Kevin Rudd or Steve Bracks.

I'd like to see critiques of Wallace that are more well rounded, less repetitive, and based on fact. Which would include divulging information on this forum, which some people are loathe to do.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2007, 07:09:05 PM »
No one here would no the extent of what David Wheedon and Steve Alessio did behind the scenes.
David Wheedon is now at geelong overseeing the coaching staff there and mentoring Bomber
And the recruiting has been poor in both types of drafts-eg Kingsley, P. Bowden ,Knobel please. ::)

Jacko what did Wheadon do in the 'Frawley' era, behind the scenes, that resulted in on field success?
Heinrich Heine

Life goes on

« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2007, 07:54:09 PM »
can tell you this.
He is miles better than the current assistants in regards to strategies etc.
He developed the RFC TAFE which was dropped at the start of this year for the NAB 15 concept.

He has currently released a book on coaching techniques which is a very good read. Anyone who had coached football at any level would benefit by this book.

He has also re written the current coaching manuals for AFL.( all levels)

If you get a chance, ask any of the players there opinion of David, can tell you he is held in high regard, unfortunately he wasnt a ""terry man"" and thus got the flick.
Can tell you that Wayne Campbell was a huge rap for him .

The cats seem to be going along nicely dont you think

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2007, 08:04:37 PM »

Exactly Fwoy - that was the point I tried to make early this morning. I have no idea what people actually want.

Killer post Fwoyken :thumbsup

Well WP,

My story is as follows.

I believe Wallace is doing a decent job at coaching a side maligned firstly by injury to KPs and secondly,inexperienced kids.

I believe he,like anyone that acheives anything,has made bad decisions regarding the footy club but overall is
moving forward using what "tools" he can find(pardon the pun) at this given time.

I think his decision making initially was somewhat governed by the wrath of the feral Tiger-man but hey,who can blame him.

When your team captain makes a crucial mistake like he did last nite in the final qtr one can hardly blame coaching...

:bow :bow :cheers :cheers :clapping :clapping :thumbsup :thumbsup

Thanks ())( - great summation

I agree that some posts show bitterness, however, just because Richmond had a history of sacking coaches in the 80's willy nilly doesn't mean that todays coaches shouldn't be exempt from criticism.
I mean heck Spud got 5 years, probably 2 more than he deserved because the administration pleaded with the supporters to leave coaches alone to do their job, we did that, (well until a certain Adelaide game anyway) and look where it got us. Add to that the fact that Wallace is on around $600,000 per year, which is around about twice as much as the Prime Minister gets, so there is no reason that he should not be under the same scrunity as Johnny Howard, Kevin Rudd or Steve Bracks.

I'd like to see critiques of Wallace that are more well rounded, less repetitive, and based on fact. Which would include divulging information on this forum, which some people are loathe to do.

Have no problem with people being critical Dallas. He should come under scrutiny but to apportion all blame for all and any of our woes this season is way over the top, just like the standard let's sack the coach mentality that seems to festering yet again.

If there are people out there (the ones I refer to as the faceless) who are scheming and plotting some sort of mutiny then I find that unacceptable because they are not the majority, nor do they represent the majority they at this point in time the faceless minority who think they are far more important than everyone else.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2007, 08:28:47 PM »
He is miles better than the current assistants in regards to strategies etc.

Didn't seem to help us much in '04 when our strategies I thought were the worst in the comp.

He developed the RFC TAFE which was dropped at the start of this year for the NAB 15 concept.

I wasn't aware that he was behind what was an excellent program. What a pity it couldn't help the likes of Ty Zantuck!

The cats seem to be going along nicely dont you think

They are flying, probably for a number of reasons, if Wheadon is one of them then good luck to Geelong, his strategies didn't have that sort of impact at Richmond!
Heinrich Heine

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2007, 08:31:24 PM »
If there are people out there (the ones I refer to as the faceless) who are scheming and plotting some sort of mutiny then I find that unacceptable because they are not the majority, nor do they represent the majority they at this point in time the faceless minority who think they are far more important than everyone else.

WP, are these the same sort of (faceless) people, who get on forums such as this, and start trying to spread rumours that there is discontent amongst players about Wallace because of his 2011 comments?

Heinrich Heine

Life goes on

« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2007, 08:33:24 PM »
Hey Dallas, I am hardly faceless. Would tell Plough to his face but he hasnt enough guts to return my call ;)

Moi

« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2007, 08:34:26 PM »
Hey Dallas, I am hardly faceless. Would tell Plough to his face but he hasnt enough guts to return my call ;)
Can't imagine why he wouldn't  ::)

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2007, 08:37:49 PM »

You are not one that I would describe as one of the faceless people Jackstar, seeing as though you have identified your history with the club in your previous posts.

Having said that, if you are going to stick by those comments it would be nice if you identified who the players were that were upset by that. Why not, you have gone 3 quarts of the way by saying that anyway!
Heinrich Heine

Life goes on

« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2007, 08:40:52 PM »
Can't imagine why he wouldn't  ::)

As I arent a ""suck"" and I dont worship the ground he walks on ::)

Life goes on

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2007, 08:42:21 PM »
Hey Dallas, P/M me if you want, I will tell you everything you would want to know.
No holding back either ;)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2007, 09:11:39 PM »
Add to that the fact that Wallace is on around $600,000 per year, which is around about twice as much as the Prime Minister gets, so there is no reason that he should not be under the same scrunity as Johnny Howard, Kevin Rudd or Steve Bracks.

Just because someone makes a lot of money it doesn't then follow that they should be scrutinised like someone who makes less.
I suppose it's a crazy world where sports and entertainment people can make mega dollars more than world leaders. That's the way it is.

There are plenty of reasons why he should not be under the same scrutiny.

ps I'd be very surprised if the PM's entitlements weren't more on par with the alleged $600,000 once things like accommodation in a multi-million $ estate, being chauffer driven, personal security, etc are factored in.
I doubt TW would be retiring from coaching on $200,000 a year plus perks either.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott