Author Topic: Matty Knights to coach Essendon  (Read 9032 times)

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Matty Knights to coach Essendon
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2007, 12:00:32 AM »
Hardwick would have seen the Hawks demolish Essendon first hand exposing their lack of run on big grounds. Even we flogged them. Matty's got a massive job ahead of him. He won't have Hird to pull them over the line at the Dome and he's going to have to rebuild the Bombers key defensive posts with Michael and Fletcher in what must be their last year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Knighter
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2007, 07:15:31 AM »
oh for gods sake give me a break.

What exactly has knights done to earn the coburg job.

He failed at port adelaide and got sacked, and now he has failed at bendigo.

We need a winner, and knighter isnt one, and never has been, and never will be.

Blaisee, you must be in the know. ::)

Can tell you that Matty will be a terrific coach.
All you know it alls on here bagged me for for suggesting that Matty would coach the Tiges one day ? Guess what, the tiges have missed out again.
Matty is a terrifc bloke with a football brain who has great respect by footy people, :thumbsup

i said he would not coach coburg, and I was right.

Dont get me started on the crap you have been wrong about, I dont have a spare 10 hours ;)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2007, 07:17:56 AM »
Hey, that wouldnt have appointed him if he didnt have it.
He has it.
Essendon have the utmost respect for him.
\

esssendon have no idea.

they couldnt handle the truth from hardwick

the dons list is  a train wreck

they are screwed.

knighter will be as good as spud

Tigermonk

Re: Matty Knights to coach Essendon?
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2007, 11:38:30 AM »
Didn't Knights coach a SANFL club before coaching a VFL side for a few seasons
If his name is comming up then he has the credentials to coach any AFL side
He was a very good leader lMO he could be a good choice
best of luck to him if he does get the gig  :clapping

as l stated above welldone Matty
l hope you do very well your the man for the job
remember Richmond shafted you not the other way round they should have honored you 300 games

best wishes in your career  :clapping :clapping :clapping

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2007, 02:31:24 PM »
The way Knighter's exit was handled was poor and he shouldn't have been told it was over before the end of the season and before others on the list who should have gone first. However Matty's time was up. He had been on the decline after 98. Sad we were crap except for the last one during his peak years 90-95.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Passionfruit

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2007, 02:38:38 PM »
Didn't Knights coach a SANFL club before coaching a VFL side for a few seasons
If his name is comming up then he has the credentials to coach any AFL side
He was a very good leader lMO he could be a good choice
best of luck to him if he does get the gig  :clapping

as l stated above welldone Matty
l hope you do very well your the man for the job
remember Richmond shafted you not the other way round they should have honored you 300 games

best wishes in your career  :clapping :clapping :clapping

Totally agree.! :thumbsup :clapping

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2007, 02:52:38 PM »
Good luck to Matthew.  :)

Don't give a rats how Essendon goes but I hope he goes ok.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2007, 03:00:46 PM »

In the end he could hardly walk after one of his runs, couldn't kick further than about 30m and couldn't chase his opponent to apply any defensive pressure.
I actually found it quite sad watching him hobble around in his last few games and thinking what a great player he used to be.

If you were arguing about him losing the captaincy I'd be with you. Nursing him to 300 games though - no!

Ox

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2007, 03:12:40 PM »
hope he falls flat on his rodent face.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2007, 03:58:59 PM »

::)

classy post

Passionfruit

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2007, 05:36:50 PM »

Matty Knights was a great player, gee havent we got short memories.
Try 1995 final against the bombers

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2007, 06:52:04 PM »
Hey, that wouldnt have appointed him if he didnt have it.
He has it.
Essendon have the utmost respect for him.
\

esssendon have no idea.

they couldnt handle the truth from hardwick

the dons list is  a train wreck

they are screwed.

knighter will be as good as spud

yep, I wish Matthew well in a way, then he can come to us :scream

but I think he will fail at bomberland. The bomber hierarchy are stuffed.

I reckon Hardwick would be a good get actually lets keep him i9n mind. what do you think blaisee.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2007, 10:00:37 PM »
good luck Knighter

One of my all time fav players.

Fondest memory of him was meeting him for the first time in person down at Northland when he and Wayne Campbell were signing autographs for fans  :thumbsup

Tigermonk

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2007, 11:19:15 AM »

In the end he could hardly walk after one of his runs, couldn't kick further than about 30m and couldn't chase his opponent to apply any defensive pressure.
I actually found it quite sad watching him hobble around in his last few games and thinking what a great player he used to be.

If you were arguing about him losing the captaincy I'd be with you. Nursing him to 300 games though - no!

Thats right he could hardly run so why play someone like that injured
why not rest him the year out & over the summer then let him have 1 more good season & produce something to the club & retire year end without all the media crap of him being pushed out the door having the captaincy ripped off him instead of destroying his career playing a injured player like that a coach should be sacked, a doctor should be held for it the club itself what was it thinking
The Captaincy ?? gee where would l start there reguardless of who l am,  Knights should have remained captain till his career was over then Richmond should have picked the next captain be it Wayne or anyone else it destroyed the moral at the club & it was not something the club needed at that time & we turned to pooh again
Knights had a Judd type injury but the coaches down at Richmond would play a name player 40% fit before playing a young player who would give 100% effort & a chance to show what another player could offer the club
Its been happening down at Richmond for as long as l can remember & a player should be honest in saying when he is injured & unable to give 100% effort & the club should effing wake up but it still has not learned anything Terry Wallace is just as stupid
l effing tired of hearing excuses from coaches oh Johnson had broken hand, Richo had broken jaw, Tuck been injured, Krakouer knee probs, Deledio injured, Tambling injured but they can all play cause there important to the club in name. eff whatever happened to moral of having 100% fit team with players who can give 100% effort &  l can go on & on but who is responsible its the coach who media dribble effing riles me
The team gets smashed by the biggest losing margin in history & wins another wooden spoon well eff the wooden spoon its the worst thing on earth
no wonder Shultz cant produce down there cause he aint given the right directions from the start it like just wait your turn When Richo is finished you can have a go then thats the attitude at Richmond when Johnson use by date is up we try someone new why eff push Johno out make him earn his spot cause he aint giving directions to players & he aint doing his job on the field eff force him out the door Knights was 10 times better rounding up a poohty Tiger side cause the team we got on paper is good just it aint be coached the right way
Hughes, White, JoHkeley, Rewoldt, Meyer, all going backwards cause the message is these name players are better than you 60% fit but never produce
King 100% tough 100% fit smallest man can produce skills, fitness, speed, take a hit because he is 100% fit & goes out to give his all

But we have spoke of this over the years we are going backwards again here thinking of what could have been

My AFL membership next year will let me watch any game l want next year cause Richmond aint worthy of my money anymore after this wooden spoon how effing embarrassing is that too have 2 in 4 years the worst results in the 100 year history & the worst record for the last 25 years in the AFL cause idiots have been running the club because they live in the history of the club instead of making a new future
no wonder players are wanting to leave our club these days

Oh sorry fishyfingers l hope that answered your questions  ;D l feel better now :thumbsup

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2007, 11:41:25 AM »
Thanks TM. 
I don't even remember asking a lot of them ;D

Yeah, I was disappointed he lost the captaincy. I can understand why they gave it to Cambo but thought, and still think, it wasn't right.
Wayne was the right person, wrong timing.

I'll still disagree about Knighta resting and coming back, on 2 counts.
First, he had heaps of time off already for ankle surgery.
Second, if he had more time off to rest he wouldn't have reached 300 games the following year.

From a supporter outside the club just watching and supporting him, I thought his time was well and truly up.